• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Cars pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cars pins

breagirl

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
My boys and I were looking through pinpics earlier today (thanks to another snow day!) and we began talking about the movie Cars. They loved the first movie when it came out, but we have very few of the pins from the original movie simply because with our space restraints, they are pretty much forced to pick one theme and stick with it (yes, I'm a bad mommy! :)

They suggested that we start looking for Cars themed pins because with Cars 2 coming out later this summer, those pins might become popular to new collectors and could hopefully help them get some of their grails. For the seasoned collectors, what are your thoughts on this?

Well I'm not quite a seasoned collector, but it's a reasonable idea. TRON pins were all the rage when TRON Legacy came out. If you do decide to go this route I'd be very interested in knowing whether it ends up being successful.

This is just my opinion. Personally I collected Cars because I liked the movie and I like Cars in general. I have just about every release they came out with. Do I think they will regain popularity? YES! But, yes but I dont know that any of them are at a level where they will get what we term as GRAILS. There were not really that many expensive or really low edition cars pins to begin with.

Also, just a word to the wise, be very careful of a few of the series because there were TONS of scrappers and bootlegs. These pins do have the mickey ears design on the back and it is very easy to tell the Counterfeits.

So bottom line is that I do thinbk when the movie comes out it will put all cars pins back on the radar but depending on what your grails are, it still make take a few cars pins to get them.

Good Luck

I agree with your logic but there is one other element to consider. Themes that have "Grail" level pins are typically ones that a large number of people have a sentamental attachment to. For example, Pirates and Mansion had booms because they are tied to rides that people grew up with, Princesses because they are classic, Stitch because he reminds so many people of their own pets, Tinker Bell because she is such a huge Disney icon (but ironicly Mickey isn't a huge grail theme....well, there are some....).

So, yeah, Cars pins might gain a little bit of popularity but it will probably be short lived because it is more of a fun movie than one that pulls at the heart strings like UP! did. And in looking at the Cars pins released thus far, there really aren't many MUST HAVES. And really, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they get lazy and just reuse artwork for the new releases.

it is more of a fun movie than one that pulls at the heart strings like UP! did./QUOTE]
I can attest to this. :)

In the end, I say collect what you like. Just because what you collect may not be super "popular," that's not always a bad thing. (You know what I'm $aying? ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back