• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Chip Foose-Inspired Pin Set Rolls into Disney California Adventure Park on August 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chip Foose-Inspired Pin Set Rolls into Disney California Adventure Park on August 2

tehbigmatt

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...disney-california-adventure-park-on-august-2/

cfp180655SMALL.jpg

so excited!!

Wow I want these just to try to find the hidden Mickeys on each hood... I cannot see any on the pics, they must be hidden well in the art... But after I found them all since I am not a Cars collector I would not know what to do with them... LOL...

I'm not a Cars fan, but I do appreciate the artistic approach they took with this set. Kudos to Disney for thinking out of the box a little more!

I'm not a Cars fan, bit I do appreciate the artistic approach they took with this set. Kudos to Disney for thinking out of the box a little more!

Exactly! Its a great looking set and I hope it sells well so that Disney realizes there is a market for something a little different.

I'd love a set as a Cars Land completionist but at $165, after AP discount and taxes it's $143.55. I mean, when you think, oh, that's only $13.05 per pin it doesn't seem so bad, but it's 11 pins of car hoods, no characters. I'd like the purple Ramone's more than anything. Still not sure if these qualify as "Cars Land" themed pins though. If the Ramone one said "Ramone's House of Body Art" then perhaps.

I think this is really neat that Disney went out and commissioned a car painter to design these pins. I love how Disney is doing some cross promotional work. It reminds me of the days where they had SHAG working on a lot of anniversary work (Tikki Room, Haunted Mansion, Disneyland 50th).

I would LOVE to get a set for Greg. He is a HUGE Chip Foose fan. We got to see him at the D23 Expo Auction but couldn't afford the items he had put in the Auction. This would be a nice surprise "consolation" present for my hubby. PLMK if anyone is willing to get one. Thanks so much!! Debby

Thanks to a wonderful DPF trader (you know who you are ) ..my hubby will have his set...THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! Debby

Last edited:
I would LOVE to get a set for Greg. He is a HUGE Chip Foose fan. We got to see him at the D23 Expo Auction but couldn't afford the items he had put in the Auction. This would be a nice surprise "consolation" present for my hubby. PLMK if anyone is willing to get one. Thanks so much!! Debby

Debby - if they still have them on August 4th, I can get you a set (if no one going before then volunteers). I'm already picking up some Stitch pins for some people here (also released on August 2nd but there's 2500 of them and they are an AP exclusive so I think I should be good)

Thanks to a wonderful DPF trader (you know who you are ) ..my hubby will have his set...THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! Debby

Pm sent

I'd love a set as a Cars Land completionist but at $165, after AP discount and taxes it's $143.55. I mean, when you think, oh, that's only $13.05 per pin it doesn't seem so bad, but it's 11 pins of car hoods, no characters.

In my mind, these are comparable to the popular WDI Trash cans series. NOT that I think these will be popular, but for me personally, these are just as cool, regardless of whether they contain actual characters. Surely you must agree that they would at least add a bit more variety and beauty to a collection where most of the pins feature the same four characters (Lightning, Mater, Luigi, and Guido). Not that there's anything wrong with those characters. You know I love them too!

I'd like the purple Ramone's more than anything. Still not sure if these qualify as "Cars Land" themed pins though. If the Ramone one said "Ramone's House of Body Art" then perhaps.

I like your thinking on this one, and although my instinct is to want to save you from having to spend $150, I must respectfully disagree.

I think these are definitely Cars Land pins. They are hoods found only in Cars Land (not in the movie). Particularly, the purple "Ramone's" hood that you mentioned will inevitably become an iconic symbol of Cars Land itself.

I'd love a set as a Cars Land completionist but at $165, after AP discount and taxes it's $143.55. I mean, when you think, oh, that's only $13.05 per pin it doesn't seem so bad, but it's 11 pins of car hoods, no characters. I'd like the purple Ramone's more than anything. Still not sure if these qualify as "Cars Land" themed pins though. If the Ramone one said "Ramone's House of Body Art" then perhaps.

On pinpics, it says that the purple one has Ramone's logo on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back