• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

SOLD! Christmas Holiday Candy and Baked Goods trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOLD! Christmas Holiday Candy and Baked Goods trading.

KT07

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Holiday season is the time of year that the house is full of great treats and smells. I think it would be fun to share some of what we like and enjoy at our own holiday events. This could include food that your family always makes at home or even a local candy shop that you bring home for the occasion. Either way we all have things we like and traditions we like to follow.

I'm thinking that I will get candy from the little shop that used to make the DSF ice cream. It's the best Christmas present every year. They have been making the best candy chews for over 100 years.
I also like to make jams and jellies, but do not know about the fruit quality I can get right now.

Would any of you be interested in this kind of candy trade/swap?? Better to buy or make??
What kind of ideas do you all have if you would like something like this. .?? I'm open to suggestions.

Thank you all and happy holidays.
KT

I'll join in for a little treat swap!

Just wanted to add, since we elaborated on it in the chat, I really enjoyed your suggestion of either making the swap about a treat that's local or specially made in your area (like your candies), but also it could just be something simple and store bought that you or your family looks forward to each year! (Like chocolate oranges, or a big chocolate Santa, or what have you!)

Do you want to see who else joins and just kinda assign a person to each other? I could do it that way, but don't think I could handle sending out multiple packages ^^;

Looks like I may just be sending you some DSF candy. I will still offer one more if anyone else wants to trade but it looks like no one is really into this kind of trade. That's cool. No stress. I will definitely eat any candy I do not share. Lol

I would be interested. I made some Tropical Fruit Jam and Apple Butter if people don't mind homemade stuff and will be making Chex Mix this weekend. I would also throw in some locally made holiday goodies or just that if people aren't comfortable with homemade stuff.

I would be interested. I made some Tropical Fruit Jam and Apple Butter if people don't mind homemade stuff and will be making Chex Mix this weekend. I would also throw in some locally made holiday goodies or just that if people aren't comfortable with homemade stuff.
I'm the same. I made peach and pineapple sage jelly this summer along with peach salsa and zucchini relish. Don't know if anyone would want some, but I have plenty!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
9aa2e0230dd62dedb489ca04389cb7c9.jpg
6dbc40b70240e63a00b870381dd3462f.jpg
85cca14b7dd5fd60bfdc7629016abfa7.jpg

Last edited:
Well cool to see some people like the idea. I especially like the homemade stuff. I usally make fresh strawberry preserves when they are in season. I missed this year and now I'm paying fir it because I have no winter stash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back