Sold/Ended: Closing Threads in the Marketplace

Discussion in 'Pins for Sale/Wanted' started by starry_solo, Apr 13, 2018.

1. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    529   0   0

This is just a notice that I have closed all threads from 2017 and moved them into the "completed" (aka closed) area of the forum

I have also closed early 2018 (January and February) threads where there hasn't been recent activity by the thread starter.

I am also closing threads which violate marketplace rules. I bumped up the marketplace rules by putting a post in it (so it would show up in people's searches of "new posts"), but those are stickied at the top. The common violation is exceeding the 2 Wanted/For Sale/Trading posts (you get two of each). We want everyone to have a chance to buy, sell, or trade their pins.

Walt, timeerkat, sirradel and 2 others like this.
  2. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    529   0   0

I've closed all threads from November 2019 and older and moved them into the "closed" portion of the marketplace.

3. dawny

dawny Active Member

Rating - 100%
    346   0   0

Im confused. when I sell a thread and go to thread tools there is no sold or completed option anymore. only a delete button which still shows your post in the sale page as sold. why cant it just be deleted./ Also I accidentally listed 3 sale threads so one was locked. then I deleted on and cant unlock the one I want to be active. Emailed an admin yesterday and got no answers,

4. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    529   0   0

I'll have to have sis check when she logs in. I can change people's listings to sold/ended but that's probably because I'm a mod.

5. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    529   0   0

@dawny - I had sis log in to check and she can't do it either. I guess the function was lost when we moved over to this new forum.

What you can do is tag admin or a mod, so @starry_solo @Ksnuggles @dancecats when you have sold your items in a new message on your thread and one of us can change it to sold/ended so that you don't have more than 2 active sales threads going on at a time.

6. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    117   0   0

@dawny
    Changing the thread to 'sold/ended' is available for your created threads if you edit the title. One of the options is to change it to the red 'sold/ended'.

At least this has always worked for me... and I have closed threads recently-ish (within last couple of months.)

7. dawny

dawny Active Member

Rating - 100%
    346   0   0

ok thanks everyone

8. dawny

dawny Active Member

Rating - 100%
    346   0   0

AHHHH now the two thread that the admins marked closed cause I had too many up are gone!! that had all the details that I researched and my pricing etc! how do I retrieve that. It took hours to organize that information! I also don't like how now in my profile I cant search my last post etc. It seems this new format isn't as user friendly.

9. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Have you looked in the completed for sale/wanted section of the forum?

10. dawny

dawny Active Member

Rating - 100%
    346   0   0

I looked thru 2 pages let me go look further. thanks

11. pinnochiolover

pinnochiolover UK Collector/Trader

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

Hi, I sent a message a few days ago to admin but haven't heard back. It was about my sale thread which has been moved to closed. It is an ongoing sale thread that I was updating daily with sold pins. Can my thread be reinstated? Can someone help with this? @starry_solo @Ksnuggles @dancecats

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  12. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    529   0   0

I will look for it, but if I didn't see any activity in the last two months, that's why it was closed.

EDIT: I found it and bumped it up. The last post in the thread was 3 months ago.

13. pinnochiolover

pinnochiolover UK Collector/Trader

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

Hi, yes as explained in my private message, it was on the first page of sales so I saw no point in bumping it. And all communications were by PM and not on thread, however you will see that the post with pins listed was edited as recently as a week ago. SO WHAT DOES THAT MEAN, IS IT STUCK IN CLOSED, OR CAN IT BE RETRIEVED? @starry_solo

14. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    529   0   0

I've already moved it to the opened section of the forum.