• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

SOLD! [CLOSED] WDW Pickups: At Cost Lotto - Final Invoices and Mailout

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOLD! [CLOSED] WDW Pickups: At Cost Lotto - Final Invoices and Mailout
Hey gang, we are updated to this point. I'm not totally sure how many F&W pins I'm going to be able to snag, so you may want to expect the Figment and Cinderella lists at least to get shuffled. Just so you're aware.

Speaking of "aware," heads up on September and the general plan for pickups for the foreseeable future:

I have to move to a bi-weekly trip to WDW. I no longer have the time to commit to going up every week as that is beginning to take precedence over more important things (like my dissertation.....). So I'll be going up every OTHER week. While I'll still take requests for pins from every release week, there's always a chance (often a slim one) that the off-week pins sell out.

Here is my tentative September schedule. SEPTEMBER IS NOT OPEN FOR REQUESTS YET!! This is just to give you as much information as possible so you can plan accordingly. I'll be going up on the following dates:

September 12
September 26

So that means there's a chance the Vintage Vinyl Mary Poppins, Kingdom Console Ducktales, and Galaxy's Edge PotM pins maaaaay sell out before I can get them. I doubt it for any of the pins, but you just never know.

Thanks as always for your patience, understanding, and encouragement. But I've got to knock this stupid dissertation out before it kills me (or costs me a fortune...) <3

Really, shocking! So I guess I will just send my Dad, since he is going down for the Medal of Honor pin and he can complain about how messed up the Epcot entrance is, lol.
There are two Aph logo pins! Hahah!

But I checked my pictures from the event where the pin was on its card and it doesn't have the APH logo on it either.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

There are two Aph logo pins! Hahah!

But I checked my pictures from the event where the pin was on its card and it doesn't have the APH logo on it either.

I think there may be a little confusion the the Figment Pin for F&W. I was just looking at the flyer (here) and it does say that it IS an annual passholder exclusive pin! I don't know if this is true or not seeing as the other information on this pin doesn't say the same thing.

I think there may be a little confusion the the Figment Pin for F&W. I was just looking at the flyer (here) and it does say that it IS an annual passholder exclusive pin! I don't know if this is true or not seeing as the other information on this pin doesn't say the same thing.
Dpbs flyer is an updated version of that one. Plus the card doesn't say Aph like they usually do.

Dpbs flyer is an updated version of that one. Plus the card doesn't say Aph like they usually do.

The flyer posted on WDW's site is still the same at the one I posted. I know the card doesn't say APH so perhaps they are still changing it on the site, or maybe it's just one of those things they changed and never corrected? I just hope everyone gets the pins that want!

Hi, sorry just noticed you had me down for Kylo Ren galaxy edge pin, I don't actually need because not a huge fan of Kylo. No worries if you grabbed already, I will take it if you have it. Thanks, and sorry for the confusion

The flyer posted on WDW's site is still the same at the one I posted. I know the card doesn't say APH so perhaps they are still changing it on the site, or maybe it's just one of those things they changed and never corrected? I just hope everyone gets the pins that want!
Sorry if my message sounded short! I was stuck in traffic. XD didn't mean to sound grumpy! <3

Confirm Figment IS annual Passholder! Mischief has spoken it into existence! XD

@hopemax you'll be back in your spot on the list. :)

Hey gang!

Pickups are done for today. And jeebus it's hot...

I saw a few people sign up today for pins. I think I got enough Pooh pins for that late request, but I'll have to double check my count tonight. (Remember cut off for randomized lists is at 10pm Wednesday, I do my best on later requests but the list gets served first.)

I only grabbed three of the Tower of Terror pins, so here is the randomized list for that one:

e229c8c34f35cf61d3750136ceba1fa5.jpg

So the first three on that list have pins. I'm not sure they'll last two more weeks, but who knows.

I also only grabbed 5 of the Figment FW pins. Here is the randomized list for that one:

6b86ef87613d15aca9eae03d36fe37bf.jpg

So the first five on that list have pins. If I end up going back up to the festival before the next pickup run, I'll let you know.

Got three more for each of the Mulan puzzle requests.

And other than that, everything should be completed. I'll double check tonight. Invoices tomorrow.

Shipping will probably hold off until after this hurricane nonsense. XD so expect that to happen mid next week.

Last edited:
Hey gang!

Pickups are done for today. And jeebus it's hot...

I saw a few people sign up today for pins. I think I got enough Pooh pins for that late request, but I'll have to double check my count tonight. (Remember cut off for randomized lists is at 10pm Wednesday, I do my best on later requests but the list gets served first.)

I only grabbed three of the Tower of Terror pins, so here is the randomized list for that one:

a146dc61096c373699c35d39c3a0d83b.jpg

So the first three on that list have pins. I'm not sure they'll last two more weeks, but who knows.

I also only grabbed 5 of the Figment FW pins. Here is the randomized list for that one:

ad09c383fc1f569c914e23e34eabfebc.jpg

So the first five on that list have pins. If I end up going back up to the festival before the next pickup run, I'll let you know.

Got three more for each of the Mulan puzzle requests.

And other than that, everything should be completed. I'll double check tonight. Invoices tomorrow.

Shipping will probably hold off until after this hurricane nonsense. XD so expect that to happen mid next week.

It kooks like the lists are flipped?

Oop. You guys are right. My bad! XD I've swapped the pictures now. It's been a day. XD

"...My bad" - not at ALL. All things considered, you are entitled!

I hope you can relax and enjoy the rest of your day.

Praying this pending hurricane weakens and/or completely passes you by.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Hey gang,

It is with a heavy heart that I write this message--but if I'm honest, I knew it was coming sooner rather than later. I'm afraid I must officially close my pickup thread. I have a lot on my plate right now and am so far behind on things like my dissertation, that the stress and anxiety is beginning to suck the joy out of almost everything. Between a rather busy monthly release, the FairyTails event, and MNSSHP all happening within one month, I have reached a breaking point where my own pin collecting stopped being fun. And that, above all, I cannot allow.

Beyond that, the prospect for future pickups at any sort of similar scale is extremely slim. Yesterday I received a letter from the IRS detailing back-taxes owed because it did not occur to me to file self-employment tax in 2017 for pickups. While I'm glad I've been able to do this and help everyone, it has officially reached a government-level crisis and, simply put, it's not worth it. [Also, I love you all, but please do not contact me with tax advice XD it is being handled, but is no less stressful.]

This weekend, I will be packing up all pins and sending them out--domestic and international. I will not be holding any pins as I will not be doing any pickups in September. Invoices for the pins from this past week are being compiled now and will be sent out over the course of the weekend. My goal is to get everything mailed out by Friday of next week, weather permitting.

It has been an honor and a privilege to have been your WDW pickup wizard for almost three years. I am so happy to have watched collections grow and know that I've had a hand in making them spectacular. I am so proud to have helped curb the unseemly secondary market for a time. And I am so thankful for the incredible kindness, love, and support all of you have shown me throughout this process and the fantastic friends I have made along the way. I am sorry I have to hang up the pickup bag, but I couldn't have asked for better company along for the ride.

Keep an eye out for those last few invoices, and some surprise releases from yesterday that I managed to snag as well. And, too, the slow steady trickle of outstanding feedback.

Thank you all, again, for everything.

Always your Parks Pickup Wizard,

~Merlin

Let me be the first to say THANK YOU for all the pickups you have done in the past. My collection would not be the same without you. And I am also GLAD that you are taking care of yourself and your needs as you absolutely should, especially before you stopped enjoying collecting for yourself. Sorry about the IRS but glad you are resolving it. And good luck on the dissertation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back