• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Conspiracy Theory??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conspiracy Theory??

PRCYR04

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I think a small group of DPF members knew about the release of the BT Tangled today and bit their tongue. :hug: Congratulations to the lucky ones! :hsd: and for the rest just hope that some day Rapunzel is displaced by another princess. :cry:

PD: I will be eating can soup for a while to get it. :coffee:

Hi im not being rude but posting a conspiracy that people knew it would be tangled and bit there tounges is very rude. Most people probally realized it would be because dsf forshadowed it with all these tangled releases of late. Not trying to be rude but what you posted was a little out there.

I think a small group of DPF members knew about the release of the BT Tangled today and bit their tongue. :hug: Congratulations to the lucky ones! :hsd: and for the rest just hope that some day Rapunzel is displaced by another princess. :cry:

PD: I will be eating can soup for a while to get it. :coffee:

Seeing as someone tried to tell me about it a few days ago but I thought they were being nuts I agree. Plus add in the fact a few people kept "joking" it would be then yeah. I see what your saying.

I don't think it's a conspiracy. I would think a lot people that live there and go to these things, know how it works. They probably did have an inkling. But just from expirence. I don't think it was some big super hidden secret. JMO>

Oh how I hate that word "conspiracy theory" there is only "facts" , probably someone knew about it (humans talk to each other an interesting fact lol)
Hope you manage to get one soon :) don t go hungry for it hehe :rofl:
Well done to anyone who got one!!!

I know that some people knew about it because employees told them directly that they have them in stock and then the people who the employees told , told me,that's how I knew about it at least , but I didn't bite my tongue just had no proof.

Last edited:
I don't think people "knew" about it per say, but people had suspicions, myself included. And I don't live anywhere near the DSF. :dunno: It just made sense that they were going to do it, because they're evil lol.
They like to watch us suffer and cry, me thinks. :p

Well I know for a FACT one person(not putting you on blast if the person reads this I mean no negativity towards you bro . I won't uses your name ) was told by an employee of the soda fountain about this pin. Yeah above post are right it's the truest cool kids club conspiricy . Lol

Remember sharks swim with dolphins.

I agree with StoneCold, people probably did hear about it, however, there was no physical proof that this was true, and why make a whole thread about "Im pretty sure the Tangled BT will be the surprise release" with no proof. Do you remember how people responded to when Calvin (locosticth) posted about the Rapunzel PTD? People called him a liar and were extremely rude to him until he had proof (the EBay auctions). This release would have been even worse so nobody said it was definite. However, enough people said it might be it that it became a running joke.I can understand you are disappointed, but look at the bright side, sharks who might watch this site had no idea this was the surprise release either ^_^

Lol you know what? Who cares?! There will always be the people who have the inside track to information that others dont. It happens. It doesnt matter to me if someone said there is a conspiracy theory lol. Seriously everyone just needs to calm down over this. We should be friendly to each other as a community and provide support, not calling people liars and such. Its just a piece of colored metal, the world isn't going to end. Besides, to be honest I'm not even that impressed with the BT Tangled! It just looks like another version of the Gondola pin. I would have liked to have seen Disney put Maximus and Pascal on there as well. lol anyways remember people that theyre just pins, and if you really want it, buy it or trade for it. Simple as that.

Lol you know what? Who cares?! There will always be the people who have the inside track to information that others dont. It happens. It doesnt matter to me if someone said there is a conspiracy theory lol. Seriously everyone just needs to calm down over this. We should be friendly to each other as a community and provide support, not calling people liars and such. Its just a piece of colored metal, the world isn't going to end. Besides, to be honest I'm not even that impressed with the BT Tangled! It just looks like another version of the Gondola pin. I would have liked to have seen Disney put Maximus and Pascal on there as well. lol anyways remember people that theyre just pins, and if you really want it, buy it or trade for it. Simple as that.

Thank you!!! Who cares if people had inside info, I had inside info and it didn't give me absolutely no advantage on getting it.

Last edited:
I know several of us have been joking about a Tangled BT surprise release since the DSf Brave release. :) No conspiracy, pure speculation. Everyone this week thought the surprise release would be the cheshire cat holding alice statue.

IF you look at typical DSF releases, each release usually has 5 pins. they had 4 this week for the characters holding statues, and 4 BT. It is safe to say there MIGHT be a surprise release of each series. This week was also a trade event, and usually DSf trys to release something pretty good for their trade event. Did we expect a BT Tangled? Nawwwww. If there was a conspiracy of people who knew it was gonna happen there would have been 150 lined up yesterday morning, not just the first 75. :)

The folks here in so cal who you could possibly think might ever hold something back like that are in-capable of it. You have only to look at how fast the word about rapunzel PTD spread to be re-assured that there are no little secret groups that would ACTUALLY CONSPIRE to keep a Tangled BT surprise a secret.

Last but not least. DSF is notoriously good at keeping the surprise release pin a secret until the morning of release. While youre post has smileys and hugs on it, I think you indicate some resentment. No hard feelings from here, I missed it and I dont collect tangled either. It woulda been an awesome trader. But please do not imply that folks in this community would deliberately hold back or harm others with their actions. :)

If you live in the area and frequent the place enough of course your going to have inside scoops. I sell my bows at the local consigment shops. I used to be like a buyer for some of them. I got my inside tracks. That is the way it goes. I have no resentment over that whatsoever. I am glad for any and all of you that got it. I am new to collecting. I love Rapunzel. I would like to have at least one "good" pin of her. I know that probably won't be this one. lol I am okay with that.

Save the conspiracy theroies for the grassy knoll. lol

Thank you!!! Who cares if people had inside info, I had inside info! I had inside info and it didn't give me absolutely no advantage on getting it.

I have to say thats bull. I have to whole heartedly disagree. If someone has insider information and gets the pin they did have an advantage. If this release had been common knoledge I would have lined up starting monday

I have to say thats bull. I have to whole heartedly disagree. If someone has insider information and gets the pin they did have an advantage. If this release had been common knoledge I would have lined up starting monday

I was told they manafactured the pin but I didn't know when it would be released and I went to that release because of the event and to get the pins and it just HAPPENED to be the surprise pin. So how the hell did that give me an advantage?

Last edited:
it wouldn't matter if those who live near DSF knew or not, but when they found out the only thing some saw were $$$. I love the Tangled pins I have acquired and perhaps one day they will come down in price. We can only hope. LOL

Last edited:
It's just super annoying because most of the people that purchased them would like to claim their "true" collector's, but fact of the matter is they all already have threads listed here selling their Rapunzel pins for a 200%+ profit. I mean realistically that's outrageous and I can't imagine why anyone would spend that much on the pins. They're not made of gold so surely the value of a pin can only be so much. Unless its actually solid gold, silver or maybe even plated. Anyone who spends hundreds on one pin is clearly getting ripped off, but I guess some people want certain pins more than others. Disney is also very foolish in my opinion to not market the pins to a wider range of people. They decided to expand their dolls sales...why not pins? Disney pins have been popular far longer than Disney dolls. It's just really unfair that there's no way for people who don't live in CA to buy pins from DSF. Why not create accounts for valued guest or something...this way there is a record kept of who buys what and how many as to avoid the over sale of pins to pins scalpers that simply buy them to sell them at crazy amounts. IDK just thinking out loud, but Disney could care less we put money in their pockets and that's all that matters at the end of it all...THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR.

+100000000000 i was tring not to say it. ppl always get upset at the truth :p :rant:

JJ86... I have been told that there are not many true colletors anymore. i get told that the hobby is what it is and i should just b ok with it. You will always find that ppl ove to tell a story as to why its ok for them to do what ever they may b doing at the time.

I was told before the PTN in Paris who the characters were going to as I mentioned it to a CM and I had a thought it be Rapunzel, was told yeah it was and mulan, I did not parade it around as one I was in paris and no net service and 2, why spoil the surprise for others who go to these events all the time. The CM told me not to repeat it and I didn't so does that make me a bad person, no it doesn't as like I said I knew no one there and wouldn't be able to say it in french hahaha

You know "IF" someone was told by a cast member friend, then it was in CONFIDENCE, and not to blab to the world. IF this happened, someone could lose their job. Would you do that to a FRIEND???? I sure wouldn't because I would lose something more than a information source, I'd cost a person their REAL LIFE JOB!! A stinkin pin is not worth someones job, so to go about shouting conspiracy, consider the ramafications of the actions you want people to do

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back