Coronavirus (COVID-19) Coping Thread

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by hopemax, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Blacksmoke

Blacksmoke Active Member

Rating - 100%
    131   0   0

That is so nice that you are checking in with your members. One community.

2. noone

noone Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Ok, loving the puppy song clip thanks to whoever posted that :)

3. Randakinskywalker

Randakinskywalker Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

About to get furloughed so I'm resurfacing from the grave I've been in. -finger guns- I love the smell of being broke coming my way.

Been doing okay. My work has been taking care of me for the past month but that's about to change so that's frustrating. Chose to isolate with my family members so I'm paying rent on an apartment I can't even use because it's mainly for work and I have no reason to go out that way. Got myself a switch and have been playing Animal Crossing nonstop. Trying to trade has been super frustrating because I can't afford to do single pin trades, which is all people have been interested in. ): Doing art commissions to float on by. On the bright side, I learned how to make a mean ham and potato soup, and Panda Express orange chicken knockoff.

4. summerskin

summerskin I control the weather

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

I have been absent a bit from the forum. I'm glad everyone is doing well and I've missed everyone.

My little family has been dealing with stuff during this period. My husband has been working from home since late February. We are very blessed that he is able to work completely from home and be fully employed during this time. I have been getting very few hours at work due to being a consultant in the real estate development field. My projects have been delayed for the most part and it has been stressful for us to lose a large chunk of our income during this time. I have had a lingering case of bronchitis since late January that is finally better. Our almost two year old spent has three weeks at home with us and it has been hard to keep her occupied. We are all doing well though and have been keeping in contact with friends/family virtually. We are very excited to hunt for Easter Eggs and celebrate this weekend with our little one.

5. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Thank you both for checking in and letting us know you're doing (mostly) okay, at least physically (which is the most important, at this point, IMO). @Randakinskywalker and @summerskin . Now that you're back, please stick around; you've been missed.

6. noone

noone Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

ok, so aside from being stuck indoors for a full month now, having a pet who needs medical care i cannot afford but really wish i could, now someone broke into my car and flattened the tire, broke the window and stole everything including photos hairbrushes and the manual to the car and wait for it a thomas guide from under the seat. REally!?? a thomas guide from 2000???? Oh and the battery which was brand new, litterally installed a week and half ago. Nothing was visable from the windows everything was in the trunk or glovebox or under the seat in case of the manual and thomas guide. It was in a locked gated parking structure. So many feelings. I know God is bigger than all of this and can provide, but the situation hurts too.

7. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope everything is looking up from here.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

8. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    77   0   0

Oh, no! I'm sorry to hear about that too! Will be thinking of you and wishing lots of pixie dust heads your way!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

9. Ajk

Ajk Consider yourself...at home...

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0

:(:(:(:mad::(
    :(:(:mad::(

noone likes this.
  10. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Cheshirefied DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    96   0   0

So sorry - how awful!

11. noone

noone Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

too add to what i wrote above, just got word this evening that a relative has been taken to the er in bad shape and has discussed final wishes with the doctor, this was not expected! We can really use prayers as this all is a lot to handle as i mentioned above, with the car, pet needs and now most importantly our relative this is a really a what do i even call this? its just a lot to handle. Please keep us in your prayers. thank you.

akarih likes this.
  12. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    90   0   0

I will be keeping you in my prayers.

noone likes this.
  13. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0

Ohmygosh. I am so sorry. That is so much to carry all at once. You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. *hugs*

krand1276 and noone like this.
  14. noone

noone Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Thanks everyone, i appriciate the thoughts and prayers, thanks for letting me blurt everything out, its nice having a coping thread. Thank you to whoever started this thread, i'm too exausted to go look and see who it is right now but thanks

15. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    118   0   0

I am sending all the positive vibes possible! You are in my thoughts. So sorry for your difficulties.

akarih likes this.
  16. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Of course! That's what we're here for and it's all part of belonging to a community, although at this point, I think we're more of an online family. I, too, am sending you prayers, positive thoughts, and pixie dust. I'm so sorry for all that you're going through.

Oh, and this thread was started by the ever amazing and wonderful @hopemax .

noone and akarih like this.
  17. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Cheshirefied DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    96   0   0

Sending pixie dust for you and your relative and positive wishes!

18. brattyjedi

brattyjedi Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

More silly fun Covid-19 versions of Disney songs

shooting4ownhand and LadyBarclay like this.
  19. noone

noone Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

So update, thanks for the prayers folks, dr's are saying relative may have week/weeks instead of hours and that is an answer to prayer. We are thanking God for the extra time.

starry_solo and Jabberwocky like this.
  20. Randakinskywalker

Randakinskywalker Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Finished my first hand-stitched face mask tonight. Have some stuff to tweak but it went pretty quickly and turned out nicely so I think I found a new way to pass time, if I can find where the rest of my fabric went.

21. shooting4ownhand

shooting4ownhand Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0

Sending everyone pixie dust and positive thoughts!

Everything is good on my end. My cat is getting a little sick of seeing me 24/7, but other than that, I am doing well. I've been working from home since mid-March. I am slowly starting to get back into pin collecting. I do miss it and these are the only Disney things I still have room for. lol

TheMickeyMouseRules, Ajk and akarih like this.
  22. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    118   0   0

So... my daughter is COVID-19 online schooling and while we have computers... we are struggling to have one available often enough for the COVID-19 online schooling she is doing. So we decided she needed her own computer and bought one at Costco.com.

Timeline of order:
    • 2Apr: We ordered a new one (for me - she will get a hand me down).
    • on 2Apr: est. delivery stated to be 21Apr2020 (today.)
    • 5Apr: assigned tracking on 5Apr, but the package has not been picked up by UPS.
    • 21Apr: So today... trying to figure out what is up... and today went into the 'chat' for Costco online.

Anyway... what I had to share... this is my current standing in the 'chat' cue:

"You are currently number 387 in the queue. The estimated time a customer has to wait is 19:01."

Wow! In regular times... routinely I am in the top 10-ish in any given cue... but 387? Just... Wow! (The world in the time of COVID-19.)

(I just find this funny (also tiny bit frustrating, but mostly funny...))

(While I composed this post the queue has updated to "You are currently number 262 in the queue. The estimated time a customer has to wait is 05:43." So it is actually coming down faster than the 19 hour stated in the red above. Scare tactics? Or lots of people giving up? I do think I am in for 1-4 hours of waiting... but I have the time to wait for it... so it is what it is.)

23. Ajk

Ajk Consider yourself...at home...

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0

Wow! 19-hour hold time?! That would be quite a challenge.

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  24. TiggerSue

TiggerSue Want TIGGER PINS!!! on PinPics - FLTiggerSue

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

So, was your Wait Time 5 hours or 5 minutes??

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  25. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    118   0   0

Well, it was probably about 1.5 hours.... for the first chat. I messed up and got distracted and didn't respond right away when the chat started, so they hung up and I had to start all over again. I think I was at it for about 3 hours and then the chat had no update... just reorder or cancel/refund... my only options.

School ends in about 4 weeks, so at this point wondering if it is worth investing in the computer, but I reordered. Sigh...