D23 Constance Pin - Ink Smudge?

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by Hatchaway, Sep 13, 2019 at 6:39 PM.

1. Hatchaway

Hatchaway New Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Hi friends!

My D23 Constance pin arrived today and I was so excited until I opened the hinge and noticed that it seems like some ink has smudged on her veil and dress. It’s difficult to photograph, but it almost looks like a dirty fingerprint.

[​IMG]

If anyone knows whether this a production error or the way all of the Constance pins were made, that would be so helpful. (I certainly don’t want to cause a stink without knowing if this is what they’re supposed to look like!)

Thank you so, so much!

P.S. I got her from eBay, not here. No worries!

Edit: I edited with a picture that shows the “smudge” a little bit better.

2. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0

Try taking some acetone on a q-tip and rubbing it on there, but be careful to avoid any areas with screen printing. Or maybe a magic eraser if that doesn't work.

That's not what my sis' looks like, I can tell you that.

3. Hatchaway

Hatchaway New Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thank you! I’m sad, but it’s really helpful to know that’s not what they’re supposed to look like.

4. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Oh I'm sorry, that sucks! Hope you can get it off!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hatchaway likes this.
  5. Hatchaway

Hatchaway New Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thank you! I actually did notice that some others on eBay have the same smudge. It seems like it shouldn’t be there, but maybe it is a production error after all.

6. Hatchaway

Hatchaway New Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I hope I’m allowed to post these photos as long as I don’t link the auctions themselves, but these are from eBay, both by different sellers than where I got mine from, and they’ve got the same smudge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Using those photos is fine! Yeah, maybe a production error or maybe some worker in the factory forgot to wash their hands

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hatchaway likes this.