D23 - Jun 7 Mickey’s of Glendale Pop-up Store at Walt Disney World

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by figment919, Jan 31, 2020.

1. figment919

figment919 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    138   0   0

This is posted on the D23 website. Wonder how they will handle the pin releases, if any. I hope its not like the one 2 years ago where Imagineers and CM's from BOTH CA and FL got into the store a day early and picked the pins clean. Hope its RSP'ed for pins. but we will see.

2. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jack

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

I wish I could make it there this year. Although, we are arriving later in the month.

There were plenty of clusters and two Father’s Day Pins available at the Saturday event. At least if you were in the first two groups. Cast Members had an opportunity to purchase Profile Pins (the day before).

3. Ajk

Ajk Consider yourself...at home...

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

Very much hoping for an RSP.

4. Randakinskywalker

Randakinskywalker Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Is there a link for this? I can't find it on the D23 website.

5. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.9%
    47   1   0

They also said there would be an event last December and that never came to pass. We'll see if it happens...

6. figment919

figment919 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    138   0   0

Go to the D23 web site and look under "Events for 2020" its in date order and you can go down to the June date for the Orlando event.

7. Ajk

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

Not a heck of a lot of details about it yet, are there? :p

8. figment919

figment919 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    138   0   0

Just moved to "TBD" on the D23 Web site. Probably not going to happen.

9. Ajk

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

:( I actually finally joined D23 earlier this year specifically for these sorts of opportunities.

Maybe they move it online? There's always hope.

10. Abyssinian28

Abyssinian28 DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

Moving it online is the last thing we'd want (as non cast members). They'd be more likely to just make it a cast sale, I think. They have no online sales system for non-cast members, right? I'd rather it just got pushed back to July or August.

But TBD means they MIGHT still be able to pull off June, if everything has calmed down by then. I kind of doubt it- Disney's going to have to do a lot of damage control and re-hiring. But at least TBD leaves it open ended.

IDK, maybe they will build a page just to do an online sale. I guess if they need they cash flow bad enough. I fear it, because my DSF attempts have all failed, despite having a decent speed/set-up. I just really, really hope it doesn't go cast only. I need a WDI refresh before the pin event (assuming, assuming, assuming......).

11. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    529   0   0

I don't think it's going to happen. I'm beginning to wonder if my fall trip to WDW will happen....

12. figment919

figment919 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    138   0   0

I live about 2 miles behind Cinderella's castle in Florida so our neighborhood is very Disney-centric. It is VERY gloomy at this time with little hope of fast turn on of anything Disney in the foreseeable future. Everyone hopes that when this is over we can get back to "normal", but I am afraid that "normal" is going to be totally redefined. Just because someone says "all clear" are folks going to jump into airplanes and put 20,000 folks into the parks all at once?? Hope the Pin Events can come off but I am not optimistic at all at this time.

13. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    117   0   0

Probably not... but for those who live 2 miles behind Cinderella's castle a less busy park sounds nice...

I am keeping hope and trying to look on the bright side. The event pins must be already ordered and Disney will want to sell them... perhaps it will be a delayed pin event?... which actually doesn't sound so bad... having it in September. :)

14. Abyssinian28

Abyssinian28 DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

I was *just* thinking the same thing. If there's ANY sort of positive side to this global disaster, less crowded parks might be a nice one to have for a little while. It's just so scary not knowing what this stupid thing is even going to DO in the long run. Masks at Disney may be a thing for a while, since it's such a high-risk environment.

Ajk likes this.
  15. figment919

figment919 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    138   0   0

This event just went to TBD status on the D23 site:
    D23 Magical Screening Series: Pocahontas 25th

April was the usual signup month for the pin event, lets see what happens I guess. If F&W is still going to happen in the Fall, the EPCOT pin event will bump into that again if its delayed - but maybe a different venue can be used.

16. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    117   0   0

Oooo… yes, different venue. Use one of the hotels please! Move it outside of Epcot and save us non-passholders the price a two day park ticket! Yes! Going with even more positive thoughts.

Ajk, Purplemandms and starry_solo like this.
  17. Ajk

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

Yes! That would make a lot of sense and be great. I would think Coronado springs must have some space some weekend that could be used. They could do it this way even if the park is not ready to open yet, similar to how Shanghai has the hotels open but not the park.

I agree with others that the pins are probably already ordered so likely to move forward at some point (knock wood). The wife said maybe they just hold them for next year, which they could do if it was a different theme. But I don’t see how they do the 20th anniversary pins in the 21st year. Of course they could also decide to just sell the pins online and skip the event. But I very much hope that is not the case.

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  18. Ajk

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

We went to the parks very shortly after 9/11 and it was great. They closed early each day but since we pretty much walked on everything that was fine. It was nice to ride everything in the park, go have a nice dinner at one of the hotels, and then back to the room for a bit of relaxation before bed. Probably our best Disney trip.

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  19. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    529   0   0

I think the pins are ordered too, but I wonder if they are actually even made or whether they are still in the factories waiting to be made.

20. figment919

figment919 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    138   0   0

And where would the pins be coming from.... CHINA!!

21. Blacksmoke

Blacksmoke Active Member

Rating - 100%
    131   0   0

All we can do is wait and see. Just too many unknowns.

22. Pecosace

Pecosace Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I sure hope the store release happens sometime this year. I just became a D23 member this year and this was the event I was looking forward to the most (and one of the few I could attend for proximity reasons). Will be on the lookout for any news about it!

23. Badockins

Badockins Active Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

I wonder what they are going to release. Has anyone speculated? New series? Continue with more Sidekicks, Cat Naps, and Best in Show?

24. figment919

figment919 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    138   0   0

As of today MOG store at WDW is still listed as a "TBD".

25. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    529   0   0

Not surprised.