• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular Limited Release Mystery Tarot Card Pin

Disney Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular Limited Release Mystery Tarot Card Pin

TonkaToy

Scrapper Spotter!
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I bought this pin (first picture) because I love Dr. Facilier and Tarot Cards (in general).
When I went to add it to my PinPics 'owns' list, I found it identified as Hocus Pocus.
Imagine my confusion. This artwork is clearly from Princess and the Frog - yet somehow it ended up in the Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular Limited Release Mystery set.

I have not seen the whole movie of Hocus Pocus. For those of you who have seen Hocus Pocus, is there a tarot card that looks like this? If so, do you think it is a shout out to Princess and the Frog? If not, did the Disney creators of this pin, just completely forget where the artwork came from?
2f9dea413858b845a90258246c976e6b.jpg

Pictures below are screen shots from The Princess and the Frog.
75d1ee2e538aaa46b1db6c54ca49cae8.jpg
8092afc7f9571524f1ab1be1c6f825f5.jpg

As an aside - do I display this pin on my Halloween Board or on my Haunted Mansion/Nightmare Before Christmas board? Hmmmm...decisions.

Last edited:
Tarot does not feature in Hocus Pocus. My guess would be they added it in as another "witchy" related symbol like the cauldron and winged skull to round out the set, or as a stand-in for Winnie's book (hey, it's got an eye on it somewhere, close enough! ;) ). Or the artist got confused between the PatF tarot artwork and Winnie's spellbook.

Back