Disney songs recorded by unexpected singers

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by stratasfan, Oct 5, 2019.

1. stratasfan

stratasfan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Always love finding Disney classic songs recorded by singers who wouldn't normally be thought of as the type to record Disney songs. :) So, I thought I would start a thread and share some of the fun ones we've found in case someone has never stumbled onto these!

Surely, one of the most unexpected is Dame Joan Sutherland (Opera's "La Stupenda" and one of the greatest Coloratura sopranos of all time!) singing "When You Wish Upon A Star" on her very hard-to-find album, "Talking Pictures". It took me years to get a copy of this album, actually, but was well worth it! (Especially as I really wanted to hear more than just the one song! -grin- )

[​IMG]

2. stratasfan

stratasfan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Another cool one is Barbra Streisand's fabulous rendition of "Someday My Prince Will Come". This was released on the album "The Essential Barbra Streisand, that came out in the 2000s, I believe. Actually, she recorded this in 1968 or 69 and it was just never released until this CD. Really amazing version!

[​IMG]

3. stratasfan

stratasfan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

A fabulous album is Mary Martin's "Hi Ho: Walt Disney Favorites". Got this record years ago and digitised it and listen to it all the time in the kitchen while I'm cooking! She does many classic favorites and each in a different style (as in Country/Cultural style). "I Bring You A Song" done with a Gypsy Violinist is amazing! This album is just a Disney extravaganza! The album cover has the cool story about her approaching Disney with the idea of an album of Disney movie songs. So far, no one had done an album of all Disney songs, and she was the one who got the first OK from Disney to do one!

[​IMG]

4. Gwyneria

Gwyneria Member

0   0   0

Great thread thank you!