Disney Stone Mountain Confederate pin?

Discussion in 'Help me Identify This Pin!' started by DougK, Jul 21, 2020.

1. DougK

DougK New Member

0   0   0

Hello,
    I was cleaning out an old storage unit and came across what appears to be a Disney pin with Davis, Lee and Jackson on horses with a confederate flag behind them, it says Stone Mountain.

Was hoping to see if anyone knew anything about it or if its of value? sorry im new to this posting... how to i submit a picture??

2. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

There are some commemorative pins for Confederate re-enactments on pinpics, but I don’t think they are officially sanctioned. Does this pin have the Disney copyright on that makes it a “Disney” pin???

There are a multitude of Stone Mountain pins out there; a quick search will shows ones featuring the Olympic Spokesman Izzy or are sponsored by fraternal groups such as the Lion’s Club...

3. DougK

DougK New Member

0   0   0

This one is on a "Disney collection" pin packaging and the design of the pin is Disneyesque.... IF only I could post a picture

4. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    530   0   0

Get a free IMGUR account and you can post the picture.

But that sounds like a fantasy pin. Disney usually uses Fab 5 characters to signify Washington, etc.

5. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

The old site used to host small amount of pics but the storage costs were far too expensive so they removed the option.

If you have a mobile phone, you can directly upload pictures on the thread via the Tapatalk app. This is by far the easiest solution as it is free(a pro version is also available) and members usually use their phones for taking pics.

The only other option is to find an image host such as imgur but most of the popular ones closed up shop or gravitated to a paid subscription model...