Disney Store Keys - Next Up: Holiday Key (Nov 17)

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by timeerkat, Jun 14, 2019.

1. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    307   0   0

Since Disney appears to be making this into a monthly series, I though it would be good to have a thread here to keep track of them, info on upcoming releases, ISO/trades, etc.

Snoffsan and Meritre like this.
  2. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    307   0   0

Current Key

[​IMG]

Current Key - General Store Openings

[​IMG]

At participating stores only (not every store gives these out), given to the one person each day who opens the store in their special celebration.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019 at 1:08 AM
    Meritre likes this.
  3. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    307   0   0

Previous Releases

[​IMG]

October 6, 2019 - Frozen: Created to celebrate Frozen 2. Given to the first 150 guests (at least 16 years old) at each Disney Store to make a purchase of at least $10. Also given to guests who made a purchase on shopDisney.com using the code FROZEN while supplies lasted.

[​IMG]

August 22, 2019 - D23 Expo: Created for the D23 Expo in Anaheim, CA. Sold during the expo for $12.95 each, limit of five per person.

July 13, 2019 - Toy Story: Created to celebrate Toy Story 4. Given to the first 150 guests (at least 16 years old) at each Disney Store to make a purchase of at least $10. Also given to guests who made a purchase on shopDisney.com using the code TOYSTORY while supplies lasted.

I believe the above date was only for US Disney Stores; international Disney Stores may have had a later purchase date.

June 9, 2019 - Donald Duck: Created to celebrate Donald's 85th birthday. Given to the first 100 guests at each Disney Store to make a purchase. Also given to the first 2,000 guests who made a purchase on shopDisney.com after 10 am PST.

May 19, 2019 - Aladdin: Created to celebrate the live action film. Given to the first 100 guests at each Disney Store to make a purchase.

November 18, 2018 - Mickey Mouse: Created to celebrate Mickey's 90th Birthday. Given to the first 90 guests at each store to make a purchase.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  4. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    307   0   0

Special Releases

A lot of this info is just pulled from what I could find online. If anyone has specific info or knows of more than are listed here, let me know and I'll add in the info!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Left side, first down (gold/green key with pink bumps) - no info currently (may be from opening the Harrods store)

Left side, second down (silver with blue Mickey head and swirls) - given to people who open the shop in Times Square.

Left side, third down (plain silver with blue Mickey head) - given to people who opened the store for the Disney Store 50th Anniversary

Left side, fourth down (gold with red glitter) - no info currently

Right side, first down (white/silver with Mickey Head outlines) - give to people who open the shop in Paris (Champs Elysees location)

Right side, second down (gold and silver with green vines) - "Key to Imagination" - previous Disney Store opening key, unsure of when the change to the current one happened

Right side, third down (green with white vines and stars) - current Disney Store opening key

Right side, fourth down (gold with red Mickey heads) - I believe these are for the person who opens a store on its opening day.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    Meritre likes this.
  5. ItzaPinfan

ItzaPinfan Noob

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

You are amazing! I was super sad to have missed Donald and was searching on what was next and could find anything. Huge thank you for all the research and sharing with the group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timeerkat likes this.
  6. afreem9412

afreem9412 New Member

0   0   0

I am looking for the Mickey 90th key. I have a Donald key to trade for. I am also willing to buy the Mickey key. I am also looking for the green opening ceremony key.

7. theoucharis

theoucharis Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    81   0   0

Would you be willing to trade for the green opening ceremony key? Please let me know. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

8. ItzaPinfan

ItzaPinfan Noob

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

General key question, for the Donald key, As an example they gave it to first folks to purchase at store, for the keys related to opening a store...how does that work? I ask this as a grown adult collector with no kids. From what I’ve seen, kids usually open the store, even if not first in line, they always open the store, as they should. I’d love one of those keys but not trying to be like...about it...lol...

[​IMG]

9. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    307   0   0

Most of the time they pick kids, but occasionally they will pick an adult. I got my key by going to a store in a quieter mall on a weekday when school was in session (I took the day off for my birthday) and was pretty much the only one around, so they let me do the ceremony and gave me the key.

tinkerbelle1956 likes this.
  10. afreem9412

afreem9412 New Member

0   0   0

I am going to the Disney store in a couple weeks and going to try and get the green key. I really want the Mickey key.

11. Everel Lee

Everel Lee New Member

0   0   0

Hi. I have the green opening ceremony key and looking for the Mickey one. Wanna trade?

12. theoucharis

theoucharis Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    81   0   0

Thanks for the offer, but that is the key that I have. Am looking to trade for other keys.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

13. Carpentrygod

Carpentrygod Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

I have a Toy Story key looking for a Donald key or Mickey key.

14. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    307   0   0

A new key was just posted on Facebook for D23. Will post info as I am able to find it.

[​IMG]

15. ItzaPinfan

ItzaPinfan Noob

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

Bleh, another key I’m never going to get...lol...
    ISO Aladdin, Mickey, and now D23 Key lol...

tinkerbelle1956 likes this.
  16. Snoffsan

Snoffsan Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0

I love collecting these keys. Miss the D23 so far and all the rare ones from earlier. They are not easy to find :(

17. Fiona Lamont

Fiona Lamont New Member

0   0   0

I love collecting these keys! I have mickey, donald, Aladdin and toy story. Just bought a d23 one from ebay (in UK so not able to attend expo just now, hopefully in the future).

I would love an opening ceremony key - hoping that when I book my next disney trip I'll be able to take my 2 children to open the store (Glasgow, scotland) and announce the trip on their big screen.

18. Fiona Lamont

Fiona Lamont New Member

0   0   0

Also, are those cards with pictures of the keys? Where are they from?

19. Fiona Lamont

Fiona Lamont New Member

0   0   0

Where was the d23 key announced on facebook? I followed d23 on facebook and didnt see any announcement!

20. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    307   0   0

Yep, they sure aren't! And when they are they're for more money than I'm willing to pay for them (would rather spend that on pins). So I'm focusing my collection on just the recent widely available ones.

I believe they are cards. They show all the special keys released this past year (Toy Story 4, general store opening, Donald Duck, Aladdin, D23, and Mickey Mouse).

There wasn't an official announcement, hence why I don't have a lot of information about the actual release outside of the fact that it was released at D23. An attendee posted about it in one of the many Disney groups I follow (don't remember which group).

Meritre likes this.
  21. stitchismyspiritanimal

stitchismyspiritanimal Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Tessa, is it ok to post trade requests on your thread?

22. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    307   0   0

Yep! That's part of why I set up the thread. :)

23. stitchismyspiritanimal

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Great, thanks!

timeerkat likes this.
  24. stitchismyspiritanimal

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I have a Toy Story key available for trade for a D23 key, if anyone is interested.

25. Mickey1fan

Mickey1fan New Member

0   0   0

Hi Stitch, I have a extra D23 key, but I’m looking for a Aladdin or a Mickey key to trade it with. Any takers on here