Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls - 2019

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by starry_solo, Dec 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tara Lyn

Tara Lyn New Member

0   0   0

I just received Anna and Elsa, and I am so glad I got them! They’re gorgeous, IMO! In spite of the physical design of their boxes, the color schemes for said boxes are stunning.

Disney definitely did better with these than the OFA dolls. The details and care taken with the dolls are better by far.

Now, if only I could get the Saks dolls and Coronation Anna to complete my Frozen set!

2. Sakurau121

Sakurau121 New Member

0   0   0

I managed to get Elsa! (Disney Store Europe) Still, she isn't running out like hot cakes so pretty happy (my first purchase of this kind).
    I'm a huge fan of the Princess and the Frog and I really want to get Tiana, but it's such a limited amount and I'm really scared she is going to run out in less than a minute! I had tried with the Masquerade Collection, but by the time I looked, to be fair 20 minutes past the release time, they had gone. Plus, I feel a bit of trepidation with people's orders being cancelled...
    Does anyone have any tips? Thanks!
    Also, does anyone have any idea of this new merchandise that is coming out on the 30th of November is about (Frozen II, Disneystore advertising this)?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  3. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Dancing Queen

0   0   0

I was able to get Ariel today at the Disney Store. Was trying to resist and get Elsa but when I saw her in person, I couldn't refuse. Elsa shall be adopted later.

4. Meritre

Meritre Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

LMB925 left some good advice, I guess that's all you can do. Good luck!

There is a dollset with their end outfits so I guess that one is also coming on the 30th EDIT: I mean a dollset with classic dolls, not LE dolls, the LE dolls are possibly released with the blueray but nothing is confirmed, it's just speculation.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    LMB925 likes this.
  5. disneykellyb

disneykellyb New Member

0   0   0

It’s not just problems with canceling my two limited edition dolls
    I have order something else with my two limited edition doll ( Ariel and the wedding set) and since it is an international shipping the shipping costed more than $300
    it is the wedding set which costed this much shipping
    However they just cancel my limited edition dolls without lowering the shipping cost for my other small minor items. So still $300 shipping for just a tee shirt a tumbler and a set of animator figures! I mean what?!!!!
    They promised to cancel the order but then later replied cannot guarantee an cancellation
    I think this is very inappropriate ! This is totally wrong!

Any advice?

6. LMB925

LMB925 Active Member

0   0   0

I'm not sure what your options are in this situation. I suggest continuing to harass customer service and continue to demand, as politely as you can, to keep escalating the problem to a supervisor. Do you have the promise to cancel in writing? If so that gives you a better legal standing. I would consider refusing the order, but that doesn't guarantee they will refund shipping, so you might be out that $300 for nothing.

Sorry you're having to go through this. Disney has always had bad service and it's getting worse. Keep contacting them, keep escalating to a higher-up representative, and keep notes on everything. You can get different results with different representatives too. Call, email, chat and keep at it.

So sorry you're going through this, and good luck to you.

Meritre likes this.
  7. LMB925

LMB925 Active Member

0   0   0

Oh, I hope so. I feel we kind of got cheated out of the Disney store pretty doll release. I like the normal set, but I can live without them. Also, I'm tapped out and think given the edition size I can get them later. I would be more excited if they did another Disney store release with nice dresses. Of course, that doesn't help the doll budget. It'd be nice if they spread them apart more. I don't just collect Disney dolls and it seems all the great dolls are getting released the two months of the year.

Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye out for them. :)

8. Meritre

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Oh I didn't mean a limited edition doll sett if that's what you mean, just a set of classic dolls. I didn't realise back than that it could be misuinderstood. I think we will get the LE versions for the blueray release.

9. LMB925

LMB925 Active Member

0   0   0

Yeah, that makes sense, and would work out better. My mind was on the LE, but I'm still looking forward to the 11/30 new dolls. I collect the playline as well. I have the prettier dress set of the playline dolls and would certainly enjoy adding to them.

Meritre likes this.
  10. Meritre

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Sorry, for misleading :( Good luck getting whatever you want :)

11. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

Bug them on Facebook and other forms of social media. Dispute the credit card charge for shipping (it should be lower with lower cost items, even on the international sites)

Tara Lyn likes this.
  12. PrincessAurora13

PrincessAurora13 Once Upon a Dream

0   0   0

The finale outfits are kind of a HUGE spoiler for the film (not so much with Elsa, but Anna definitely), so I think the Disney LE doll makers said "Let's go with the outfits that are in the trailers, that won't give the plot away. And then Saks can sell glammed up versions of their opening gowns."

LMB925 likes this.
  13. LMB925

LMB925 Active Member

0   0   0

Oh, gosh, no worries at all. What you said made sense. I just wasn't thinking. LOL. And thanks for sharing the info. I wouldn't have known to check out the new released items today if you hadn't mentioned it. I haven't bought anything because I've been really bad the past month with leisure purchases, but I enjoyed looking at all the new items just from artistic perspective. Frozen makes for some beautiful backgrounds and artwork. I really would like to see Disney bring back the designer princess series and do something totally nontraditional with Elsa and Anna, but using their color schemes. I think they'd look spectacular, but it's probably too much to hope for.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    Meritre likes this.
  14. LMB925

LMB925 Active Member

0   0   0

Yes, that makes sense. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I saw the title of the kid's Anna costume on ShopDisney and it certainly gave a lot away. It wouldn't have been a spoiler if they named it something else, but at least they waited a little while to release it so it wouldn't spoil it for so many people. I think spoilers are inevitable for a movie this big, though.

Meritre likes this.
  15. Meritre

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

They have now a picture of Tiana and dr Facilier
    Tiana & Dr. Facilier Limited Edition Dolls
    Arriving 12/7
    [​IMG]

LMB925 likes this.
  16. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jack

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

A friendly reminder of today’s releases.

[​IMG]

Meritre likes this.
  17. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins The Llama Lady (aka Alpaca Ann)

Rating - 100%
    95   0   0

18. Meritre

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

19. Starlord3301

Starlord3301 Member

0   0   0

Surprisingly Tiana and Facilier are still in stock online. Either Tiana isn’t that popular or there is an Over saturation of LE dolls on the market

20. Meritre

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Or maybe both.

21. Blacksmoke

Blacksmoke Active Member

Rating - 100%
    130   0   0

22. Sakurau121

Sakurau121 New Member

0   0   0

Well... I missed again. Couldn't log in to the stupid site for some reason. Sold out while trying to fill in my details. Guess I'll need to wait till the next big ones, Frozen 2 blu ray release. PatF LE Dolls gone within five minutes here in Europe!

23. Tara Lyn

Tara Lyn New Member

0   0   0

I cannot believe that Tiana is still in stock in the US considering how low her edition size is. She’s really a gorgeous doll, too.

24. LMB925

LMB925 Active Member

0   0   0

She is very pretty, but the movie is not one of the best. I collect a lot of dolls and find her tempting as a pretty doll, not necessarily a character, but there have been too many releases all together. Also, I'm getting pretty fed up with the way Disney does business and how they treat people, so it's got to be something pretty amazing for me to buy it. I've had serious quality issues with most of the items I've bought this year. Also, they have repeatedly sent me the wrong items and I've had terrible customer reps giving me wrong info. No other company would be in business if they operated like this. Not trying to get off on a rant, but trying to explain why I, a long time doll/Disney collector, chose not to buy her. I would have bought her a few years ago.

starry_solo and Tara Lyn like this.
  25. cxn4689

cxn4689 Member

0   0   0

Rumored Elsa's epilogue outfit LE doll?[​IMG]

Sakurau121, Meritre and Tara Lyn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.