Disney Store Limited Edition Dolls - 12" and Designer - 2019

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by starry_solo, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Meritre

Meritre Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

@PrincessAurora13 don't give up yetand keep your eyes open! :) I heard though it is not comfirmed that they'll appear, it's just how things usually go but there is no guarantee. But good luck to the collectors who want to have these beauties! :)
    Edit: Here some useful info quoted from @starry_solo

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  2. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

So, most of the time, the merchandise that does not sell out at D23 gets sold at the cast member only store on property in Burbank and/or Glendale. Yeah, that's pretty much it. There may be one or two stray stores that get it nearby but that, unfortunately, is very rare.

The first set of designer couples pins were sold on DS.com but there were maybe a dozen of those online. There were no D23 only dolls, but the pre-order also made it online (very briefly)....I was up for the pre-order and found out there were pins....fortunately, I got the pins, sis got the dolls, lol.

The fairytale heroes v. villains and the folklore couples never made it online (pins). Neither did the exclusive dolls, which did not sell out at the expo....believe me, I would have been happy to get the D23 Elsa/Hans, Mulan/Shang, Mr. Incredible/Elastigirl at retail!

The items that are not exclusive to D23, but only debuted there (even though they stuck their D23 logo sticker on it) will eventually make their way online.

Meritre and DisneyJ like this.
  3. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jack

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

You are absolutely correct! It is a possibility they may show up online or at a store (but not likely). We have seen some limited merchandise show up online (Talking Woody / Light up Buzz from the 2015 Expo).

4. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

Sad....and then, of course, no anticipated release date or anything like that....it'll just pop up and be gone

5. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jack

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

starry_solo likes this.
  6. PrincessAurora13

PrincessAurora13 Once Upon a Dream

0   0   0

I've actually been afraid to check eBay prices for these guys, haha! Figured it'd all be in the thousands. Then I saw this and decided to go check it out. I found an Aurora and Phillip selling for $115 above retail, so I grabbed it. With tax and shipping added on, it comes out to being just under $150 above the retail price.

7. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Well glad you got it at least!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

8. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

Glad I was able to help; you got a great price! :D I hate shipping dolls. I know to ship a doll from CA to TX via USPS with insurance, it was about $56...and that was only 1/2 way across the country.

9. Meritre

Meritre Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I'm glad you'll get them in the end :)

10. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jack

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

I think I know that person.:cool:

starry_solo likes this.
  11. beautifulmelody

beautifulmelody New Member

0   0   0

Hi everyone. I could use some advice on a couple things. First, I'm really surprised at the current secondary market prices of all the D23 exclusive dolls. I was so depressed when I found out there would be an expo Ariel in her pink dress as she's my favorite character and the pink dress is my favorite out of all her outfits. I figured she'd be around the thousand dollar mark right after the expo and would probably never go much lower than maybe $800, which there's no way I could ever afford. I was even more miserable knowing that my second favorite princess, Aurora, would also have an expo exclusive doll. I figured maybe I'd be able to get the SB set some day, but never Ariel. But now, I think I may be able to get both, and maybe even Vanessa too. The problem is, I don't know if I should try and find a good price I'm comfortable with and buy them right away, or wait a while to see if they go down a little more? I know as a general rule you don't want to buy these dolls on eBay right after they come out because that's usually when the prices are the highest. I made a mistake when the d23 Elsa/Hans set came out and payed way too much for it right after the expo because I was fairly new to collecting these dolls and didn't know I should wait. But the dolls this year are so much lower priced than I expected already, and with only 1000 or under of each of them having been made I'm afraid the more that sell the higher the prices may go. I can't afford to pay a whole lot for them because I want to save for some of the general release dolls later in the year, but I don't want to regret not getting at least d23 Ariel now and not being able to get her later. What would you do? And what sort of prices do you think would be fair to pay for Ariel/Vanessa and the Aurora set?

12. PrincessAurora13

PrincessAurora13 Once Upon a Dream

0   0   0

Thanks, y'all!

Yeah, shipping can be such a pain. Fortunately, this is only from upstate NY to Long Island, so the shipping isn't that bad.

starry_solo likes this.
  13. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jack

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

In my opinion I think the prices will settle down. There is always an immediate surge at the initial release of any limited items. Once there is a wave that hit eBay (or other sites), you can expect to see a decline in price. You can use different websites like (sortsof.com) to see completed eBay auctions. Always pay what you are comfortable with paying. If purchasing on eBay, make sure you look at feedback. You can always watch for eBay promotions like eBay bucks on purchases.

14. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

I expect prices to settle around $400-450 shipped for each them (Pink Dress Ariel and Vanessa). Sorcerers got them (many sold them) and whatnot. Non-doll collectors got them to flip and some sold them for cheap....but eventually, everyone that wants them will get them and the supply will dwindle.

D23 Snow went up to about $500-600, before settling around $400, which is the same price it's going for now (but that also has to do with that it's the 3rd or 4th iteration of her classic dress)....

15. beautifulmelody

beautifulmelody New Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll just keep an eye on eBay for a while in case the prices go down a little more in the coming weeks.

16. Mcandy

Mcandy Member

0   0   0

I just bought giselle and Im waiting for her to arrive. Ive watched enchanted twice in theater and a lot of times on tv. Shes a rare character to be made by disney so i think shes a good buy for me. I find aurora the most beautiful of the three but I only need to buy one so I chose giselle. About the general release ones, Im looking on buying megara and rapunzel, I think belle looks the best but seeing that I already have three of her from the premiere line I dont think I can afford to buy another of her. Ill try trading one of mine for her if I can find someone to trade it with locally. Cindy looks the same as last years. I wonder why they made her and belle? Rapunzel is not that amazing but I like her character so I guess thats a done deal. Esmeralda looks gorgeous but I didnt like her film. Someone posted her unboxed and im not sure why she looks less beautiful than when boxed? Or maybe because her hair was a bit messy.

starry_solo likes this.
  17. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    107   0   0

Okay... I went down the doll road this week. I have been eyeing the Moana (w/ Kakamora) doll for months. It went under $60 last week and I finally couldn't resist (btw with 40% now under $50). I received her yesterday and oh my goodnesss, I love her! I saw the reviews really didn't like the Kakamora being in the set. I think they add so much, but this is coming from a Moana fan and not a doll collector, so that might be the difference.

Not planning on becoming a doll collector, but this one is now on my office book shelf. So pretty!
    [​IMG]

Yes... those are one of my hidden mickey pins sets in a shadow box on the wall behind Moana. Slowly covering my office walls with shadow boxes of hidden mickey pins.
    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

18. Hope Princess

Hope Princess Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Wow! What a great price for her, she’s very pretty! Grats!

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  19. Hatchaway

Hatchaway New Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

She’s beautiful! Congratulations!

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  20. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jack

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

The Masquerade Dolls plus other D23 merchandise was spotted at the Burbank store.

starry_solo likes this.
  21. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jack

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Mario on Instagram: “Pre-Order for the Entire “Disney Designer Collection Midnight Masquerade Series” is now available on ShopDisney.com $649.95 Only 400 sets…”

Disney Designer Collection Midnight Masquerade Series Limited Edition Doll Set – Pre-Order | shopDisney

For USA: The dolls starts releasing this Saturday. $129 each. No raffle system, dolls will be first come, first serve. For Online (shopDisney.com) the dolls will be available at 7am PST each release date. I don’t know how it will be for other countries, this is just US info.
    __

Esmeralda - In-store & Online 10/5 - LE 5,200
    Belle - In-Store & Online 10/12 - LE 5,800
    Cinderella - In-Store & Online 10/19 - LE 5,600
    Meg - In-Store & Online 10/26 - LE 5,200
    Rapunzel - In-Store & Online 11/2 - LE 5,900

LMB925 likes this.
  22. LordTremaine

LordTremaine Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I wonder how well the Masquerade series will sell? 5200 is a lot, I'm surprised Esmeralda and Megara have edition sizes that high. They are characters who haven't received a new doll from Disney in years so collectors/fans of the characters/films will most likely get them. But what about the casual fans/collectors?

Also Belle and Cinderella just had designer dolls last year and I think Rapunzel's doll is slightly underwhelming. I'm surprised she has the highest edition size, is she really that popular? I would have thought Belle the most popular.

Plus The Little Mermaid and Frozen dolls are coming and those are the 2 most popular movies when it comes to doll collecting. So I'm definitely interested to see how this line pans out. I wonder if any of them will sell out in hours or a day.

akarih likes this.
  23. LMB925

LMB925 Member

0   0   0

I'm also curious to see how well the line will do. Popularity of the dolls overall seems to have dropped off, for so many reasons, and this is a large edition size, so I think they'll stick around. I think Esmeralda will do okay, but likely end up discounted. The movie was never that popular in comparison to others. Meg I think will actually do pretty good. The dolls they have made of her do well on the secondhand market, so there are certainly buyers, and she came out very well and true to character. I'm not sure on Rapunzel, although she normally fairs well.

I have a hard time seeing any selling out before the morning, however, I really want Cinderella and Belle, so I'll get up to order them rather than risk missing out, or having to wait for prices to drop on Ebay. I'll get Meg if she's still around the end November/December, and maybe Esmeralda, I'm not sure. Disney dolls have overtaken my house, so I'm trying not to buy any unless I really love them. I'm also going to be trying for Vanessa, Ariel, Elsa (most likely), Anna and hopefully whatever else Sak's throws at us, so my dolly dollars are being squeezed enough by Disney. The only dolls I see really being in danger of selling out fast are The Little Mermaid heirloom dolls, not this batch.

All that said, I am so glad they're venturing out of the norm and hope this release does well so they keep the creativity and diversity up.

Meritre likes this.
  24. Mcandy

Mcandy Member

0   0   0

To answer your question, rapunzel is also a fan favorite character in league with ariel and belle. Belle wont sell as fast i think because she already came out last year. Ill still try for megara but whether i get her or not im still ok. I have giselle doll and i dont know how to display her. Its upsetting that she is kept closed all the time. And its hard to put it on and take it off. I think the edition size of the whole set is enough for everybody. This might be the same as the premiere line were people people went crazy over it and now are selling it off lol. But are better displayed than the new set coming

25. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins The Llama Lady (aka Alpaca Ann)

Rating - 100%
    95   0   0

Go and review the information Disney has posted about the releases. I'm pretty sure I've seen that each doll will launch at 7 am PT (10 am Eastern). DO NOT take my word for it, hahaha--but check, so you don't get up in the middle of the night if you don't need to!

LMB925 likes this.