• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disneyland Thursday pin releases - what to do?

Disneyland Thursday pin releases - what to do?

SensitiveDeer

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi there all! I will finally be going back to the California parks next month for a trip (yay!) and I’m very excited that I’m probably going to be able to hit one of the Thursday LE pin releases. However, I don’t know the first thing about what to do, where to go, when to get in line, what to expect, etc. I remember the layout of the park and generally where the big pin stores are, but I wasn’t into trading or LEs on my last trip so I don’t know much about the releases beyond that. Any tips from veteran pin traders are welcome! I should have a magic morning to get into Disneyland early that Thursday, but I don’t know if that will make much of a difference (will the pins stick around a few hours? Can I get them in DTD before the park opens? Will the pins not be available until after the park officially opens?) or if I should use that early time to go on rides instead.

Thank you for any advice!

First, yay on the trip and yay on magic morning. Yes pins are available before official park open. Start and head to the 21st century store, then you can hit up little green men...stay on the magic morning Side of rope drop and queue up for westward ho. You will be fine, I don’t see anything releasing that has the potential of window of magic/evil craziness have fun! Bring your traders there’s lots of pin trading on thursdays at westward Ho after the morning ‘rush’ like about 9:30/10ish they are all there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First, yay on the trip and yay on magic morning. Yes pins are available before official park open. Start and head to the 21st century store, then you can hit up little green men...stay on the magic morning Side of rope drop and queue up for westward ho. You will be fine, I don’t see anything releasing that has the potential of window of magic/evil craziness have fun! Bring your traders there’s lots of pin trading on thursdays at westward Ho after the morning ‘rush’ like about 9:30/10ish they are all there.

Hm, are there only certain pins released in certain pin stores? Curious why the recommendation is to bounce between them! I figured they would all be available in one store. Is that recommendation to maximize the best pin board trades as well?

Oh yes you can buy them all in one location but if for whatever reason they are sold out that’s the best plan/path. You shouldn’t have a problem at the first stop.

Got it, thank you :D
And thank you for the tip about pin traders at westward ho - I would love to take a look at what other people have to trade! I only traded with CMs last trip.

You shouldn't have a problem since there aren't any crazy releases forecasted. Go down Main St and on the right is 20th Century Music Co. Hopefully you can get everything there. And before official park opening. What day are you going? Maybe we can meet up to say hello!

You shouldn't have a problem since there aren't any crazy releases forecasted. Go down Main St and on the right is 20th Century Music Co. Hopefully you can get everything there. And before official park opening. What day are you going? Maybe we can meet up to say hello!

I should be there Thursday the 20th for whatever releases that day. It will be my Disneyland-only day with a group of friends :)
Figured the timing was perfect for the pin releases and an early start

Back