• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Dissapointment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dissapointment

centavo03

~Aladdin is my boyfriend~
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hello everyone,
Just wanted to vent a little on my recent trade disappointment. I traded for a pin and when i received it a little discolored and it looked dirty, it looks like it hasn't been taken care of...and i know its not a fake. it just frustrates me because i wouldn't send out a pin in that condition. :( Oh well, I guess i should first ask if its in a good condition before trading.

i don't think you should ask, i believe we all should know that they have to be in almost excellent condition in order to trade. use me as an example, i always put this line in all my trade offers. " all my pins are real, no scrappers and they are like new condition and i expect nothing else but the same" by using that line i make sure they person knows what is scrappers, and that i want the pins to look very good, i have received messages of people asking me what is a scrapper, i take the time to explain because some people that are new will trade pins that they believe are good but they are fakes and that don'ts make them a bad person, because they didn't know, however, they are people that know and still trade them so i always put that line in, if the pins are not like i was told they were, i ask for my pins back(very politely). i am sorry this happened to you but believe me, use that line and u will do much better in your expectations. :)

Jessica,

I can totally relate. I made a trade a while back for a pin that came with some sort of black mark on the pin and I have tried and tried to clean it, but it won't clean. I would have like to know about the scuff before I agreed to the trade.

So, now I ask for the condition and any markings on the pin before I agree to a trade with someone that I don't know. I am sure it may make some traders upset that I ask, but I deserve to know the condition before I agree to a trade!

Sorry this happened to you also!

I recently acquired a pin from a cast member that had a lot of scratches on it, as well as a few others in the same condition. I knew the one was a pin that a lot of people wanted, so I made sure to state that it was scratched and not in perfect condition. Those who responded made sure to tell me that they didn't mind it was scratched. The others, I didn't even put in my trades list, because I wouldn't want to trade those with someone.

I don't even know what to do with them to be honest....lol

If you are going to reverse the trade (and I think you should), I am hoping they will comply and not throw an attitude - it should be their responsibility to point out any flaws before sending it off. It also does not hurt to ask them of the pin's condition prior to send-off. I wouldn't find that question offensive at all if it were directed to me. There's nothing wrong with taking precautions to make the trade as perfect as it can be :) Good luck!

I personally was in the middle of a trade recently and I sent pictures of one of the pins, because I did not notice the condition when I originally traded for it. It had some scratches and it was a shiny mirrored look on the front, so they were really noticable.

The person decided they did not want that pin after all, which I could not blame them. I figured though since they had wanted it, I woul djust send it to them as an extra, so they could have it and then once they traded for a really good conditioned one, they could replace it, but at least they would have it. :)

I would just be sure to contact the person that you traded with and see if they will make it right. Worse case scenario is that you send each other's pins back.

Sorry to hear about the bad trade.
I had the situation with a pin on my traders, being not so perfect. It is a pin that is part rubber, and either because of time spent on a lanyard, or in my small pin bag, some black had gotten onto the white rubber, and it had an imperfect look. When it came up as a potential trade for someone, I made sure I was up-front about the condition. I wouldn't like if someone surprised me with a dirty looking pin, so I couldn't in good faith do the same to someone else.

i agree , i the pin is not in a acceptable condition it shouldnt be traded or put up for trade...
you shouldnt have to ask!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back