DLR Reconnaissance Visit

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by Connies_Hobby, May 21, 2020.

1. Connies_Hobby

Connies_Hobby Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0

Well, today it's been exactly 11 weeks since I visited the Original Magic Kingdom.

And it was a Surreal Experience.

Picture #1: Harbor Blvd and West Manchester. Southbound.

Picture #2: The East Entrance to the resort off Harbor.

Picture #3: The Guest Drop off/Pick Up area on Harbor next to the East Entrance noted above.

Picture #4: Leaving the Guest Drop off area Southbound on Harbor towards Katella.

To say this was a Surreal Experience, doesn't even begin to describe what I was feeling while I was walking around this area and taking pictures.

I did see 5 people (total) walking while I was there.

This area is usually TEAMING with cars, buses, people.

I did sit down on one of the cement benches in the guest drop off area for a few minutes. I started to think how much I missed going and decided I needed to leave before I started Thinking To Much about why this was happening.

I wanted to share this with my DPF family. I figured there maybe some of you that would be interested.

FYI, I drove around the entire resort. Every area was coned off. All the Hotels, coned off.

Here's to a safe and timely return to our Beloved park(s)..

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  2. Connies_Hobby

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0

P.S. I just finished reading an article from Micechat.com (this is Not a promo for them) just a mention for some resort reopening news.

3. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    90   0   0

Strange.

Connies_Hobby likes this.
  4. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Cheshirefied DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    96   0   0

Thank you for posting the pics! Miss our beloved parks and hope we can all return again soon!

5. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

It's so weird to see a familiar place so empty. If I didn't know it so well, I might not recognize it as it is now. Thanks for posting the pictures; I miss Disney more than I ever thought I would and hope we can all (safely) return soon!

coblj003 and Connies_Hobby like this.
  6. MischiefMade

MischiefMade Ghost Dog Trainer

0   0   0

Thank you so much for bringing us these pictures of such a beloved place. It's so strange seeing it so empty!

Stay healthy and safe out there!

Sent from my SM-A205W using Tapatalk

7. Connies_Hobby

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0

"...if I didn't know it so well, I might not recognize it as it is now." > Nail-on-the-head @dancecats.

Surreal, Strange, Eerie.

I believe, as we saw Security Changes come about as a result of 9/11, another "New Normal" is about to happen at Our Happy Place.

But, we're Disney Troopers we can handle what is to come.

LadyBarclay and momin.ator like this.
  8. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Absolutely true. And we need to remember, no matter how we feel about these new changes ... whether we like them, dislike them, agree with them, disagree with them ... whatever ... the following:

1. They're being implemented because it's believed they're necessary for the park to operate safely - for both guests and cast members

2. They're not being implemented, just enforced, by the cast members on the front line. If you don't like the policies, don't take your frustrations out on them - it will not be their fault and there will be nothing they can do about it other than apologize and refer you to their lead, manager, guest relations, etc

3. Disney still is a guest-related service business. Address all reasonable complaints and concerns through the proper channels (don't overanalyze or nitpick, you know what I mean) in a pleasant and polite manner and I have no doubt that they'll make all possible efforts to accommodate you, especially since I'm sure they're aware of exactly how unusual these circumstances are and they'll want to make their guests as happy as possible

9. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jack

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

Very well said!

10. Connies_Hobby

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0

@dancecats ... Thank you!