• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! docfish2u made me cry.....***GRAIL ZAPPED***

ZAPPED! docfish2u made me cry.....***GRAIL ZAPPED***

disneycrazee

I just got pixelexia, ok?
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
So for those of you who have traded with the Amazing David know that he does awesome multi-trades. He had responded back in...December?...about my plea for help regarding the UK Wreck-It Ralph pin and was going to hold it for me until I found something to trade for it. That gesture in itself was more than amazing. Well last week I was able to acquire pins that he wanted, so we exchanged a few PMs working on a trade. He generously sent me these fabulous pins as the trade:

Holy smokes, RIGHT?! This touches 5 of my different collections!!!

And THEN...as if that weren't enough, there was a little bubble-wrapped package marked "extra zaps", which turned out to be these:

OMG the Oliver & Co pin is sooo adorable! And what?! Quasi?! And an extra Ralph?!?! (Because let's face it...the more WiR there is, the better life is ;):D)

And THEN!!!!!! Somehow this last pin was the last thing I noticed (though I'm not really sure how...because it's on a giant backer card!)...I think it's because I was so busy admiring all of the other pretty pins...

OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG. The tears came and I started hyperventilating. No joke. This pin is a big deal to me. A little history behind Phoebus and I: (I apologize, but I have to do it!)

Back in early 1996, I was getting pumped up with excitement for Disney's next film, "The Hunchback of Notre Dame". My mom bought me an abridged (well, SUPER abridged - I was only in the 5th grade ;)) version of Victor Hugo's Notre Dame de Paris to help tide me over until the movie came out (the book has since fallen apart because I read it so much). The story absolutely captivated me. Then when the movie did come out, I was captivated all over again but for very different reasons. Phoebus in particular stuck out to me. Let's just say, book Phoebus is a jerk, but Disney Phoebus...*sigh* :lol: Disney made me fall in love with a character I hated in the book. Maybe because of my age at the time, I was embarrassed to let people know about my love for him. lol I was a closeted Phoebus admirer for many years...haha :io: (I now read the unabridged book from time to time - it's one of my favorites - and then I watch the film and fall in love with him all over again).

Hunchback pins are not particularly popular, but certain ones (including this one) are really difficult to find. Last year I actually won this pin on eBay...but the seller sent it in a white letter envelope and I received the envelope...empty. I was devastated because I thought I had finally obtained it. Not too long ago I saw it pop up again on eBay for too good of a price. I bought it anyways and when it arrived...yep. Too good to be true. Scrapper. :(

So you can see...I was beginning to think maybe this guy was just destined to never be mine. And then as if by magic, David delivered it to me. It's beautiful. I absolutely love it. :bowdown:

I know I will never be able to match your awesomeness sir, but believe me when I say that I will not go down without a fight to get you back...You have been warned.

Wow!!!!! Congrats!!! Love all the HoND pins!! And I didn't even know that that Phoebus pin existed!!! Very cool!!

David r u flippin' awesome! I can't wait to meet u in April! :D

I really liked reding the back story on the special zap you got! But congrats on the trades and all the zaps! Once again David brings some pin magic.

So for those of you who have traded with the Amazing David know that he does awesome multi-trades. He had responded back in...December?...about my plea for help regarding the UK Wreck-It Ralph pin and was going to hold it for me until I found something to trade for it. That gesture in itself was more than amazing. Well last week I was able to acquire pins that he wanted, so we exchanged a few PMs working on a trade. He generously sent me these fabulous pins as the trade:

Ummm you didn't quite tell the whole story did you? Why was I so excited? Why did I zap you like I did? The pins she "acquired" was the full set of DSF Mulan pins including the surprise pin. Not just one set, but 2. Yes she offered me both sets even when I told her they would be for traders. She told me "She only went, to get them for me". I have never had somebody have to stand in line, what, twice I think, just to get me pins. She could have kept the extra set to use as traders or sold them and made her money back, but she traded them to me for what I thought was less then a fair trade at that.

So heck yes you got extra pins to make the trade more fair and the Phoebus zap was just because you are such an awesome person!!! I am so happy I found it for you!!!

Can't wait until April to meet all of you great people!!! One week closer!!!

This is wonderful! Congrats!! I love reading your backstory for the pin, it is lovely! I'm sorry to hear that it kept escaping you though, that is so awful! At least the wizard David used his zap magic in the end and saved you! lol. I bet Frollo kept trying to take the pin from you!

Ummm you didn't quite tell the whole story did you? Why was I so excited? Why did I zap you like I did? The pins she "acquired" was the full set of DSF Mulan pins including the surprise pin. Not just one set, but 2. Yes she offered me both sets even when I told her they would be for traders. She told me "She only went, to get them for me". I have never had somebody have to stand in line, what, twice I think, just to get me pins. She could have kept the extra set to use as traders or sold them and made her money back, but she traded them to me for what I thought was less then a fair trade at that.

So heck yes you got extra pins to make the trade more fair and the Phoebus zap was just because you are such an awesome person!!! I am so happy I found it for you!!!

Can't wait until April to meet all of you great people!!! One week closer!!!
You underestimate your awesomeness. Why WOULDN'T I go stand in line for you?? And yes. I can't wait until April so I can give you a giant hug in person. :D

This is wonderful! Congrats!! I love reading your backstory for the pin, it is lovely! I'm sorry to hear that it kept escaping you though, that is so awful! At least the wizard David used his zap magic in the end and saved you! lol. I bet Frollo kept trying to take the pin from you!
Haha This seriously made me giggle! :rofl: Darn that evil Frollo...

Oh good for you, those pins rock! I think only true Disney crazee people like on here would totally get your true romantic crush on an animated character as perfectly normal. :crazy:

Everyday i get a bit more happy and eexcited to meet everyone and hang out in April! I can feel the good energy and vibes now. And that David--he is a sneaky one isnt he? Hey David I need the mulan surprise pin! lol

Awesome zaps and Wonderful stories all around!! Congratulations on the great and deserving pins!! :hug: Thanks so much for sharing with us! :)

Awe... How very sweet! Congrats on everything you got from the awesome David, Disneycrazee!!! He definitely knows how to pull at people's heart strings! Definitely can't wait him and his family in April too! :).

Wait... Don't think we've ever met yet huh?!? Hopefully, one of these days! :)

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Thanks everyone! :)

Oh good for you, those pins rock! I think only true Disney crazee people like on here would totally get your true romantic crush on an animated character as perfectly normal. :crazy:
Right?! Lol that's the only reason why it's not "secret" anymore. :lol:

Awe... How very sweet! Congrats on everything you got from the awesome David, Disneycrazee!!! He definitely knows how to pull at people's heart strings! Definitely can't wait him and his family in April too! :).

Wait... Don't think we've ever met yet huh?!? Hopefully, one of these days! :)
Yes he does! And no we haven't met yet!! Ahhh maybe April?? ;)

Very cool! Great zap story! Congratulations!
thanks! And I just want to say - I love your avatar! :)
[/FONT]

Back