• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DPF 10th Anniversary Giveaway #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
DPF 10th Anniversary Giveaway #1
I would like to nominate @bcol . He is a fellow Mulan collector and has helped me with some grails, especially ones I forgot about :D He keeps an eye out on eBay for me (and him) and when he sees something he cannot get (darn those expensive kids!), he tells me about it.

I've got to nominate @Addicted to Alice Pins. We have become such great friends from our interactions here on the forum, and she always takes time out of her WDW trips to meet up, hang out, and treat me and Russ to some of THE BEST food.

Plus if I don't nominate her, she'll hurt me.
(;P total jk <3)

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I echo the sentiment that it is extremely difficult, if not impossible, to choose just one member here who has been so amazing, not just to me but to this wonderful community. In the 4 years or so that I have been a member, so many extraordinary folks have helped me personally on this pin journey and have created an enjoyable environment to chat about pins, help through difficult times in our lives, cheer our victories, keep us motivated, determined, and patient through our defeats. I have truly been blessed and honored to be a member here for so long. Why I haven't been kicked out for my insane gif usage is truly remarkable. But I'm so happy that I haven't been because there isn't another community like this anywhere else. To feel immediately so unabashedly and unconditionally accepted by all of you, many of whom I have never met in person, is truly something that you cannot find in many other places but is so appreciated, especially during these unprecedented times.

With that said, I, again, echo all of the previous nominees and wish I can nominate many others who have not yet been nominated here but are very much deserving. I am going to nominate someone who hasn't been too active on the site recently but made an incredible impact on my pin journey, specifically as it relates to becoming Mr. Toad complete.

About a year ago, I was only a few pins away from being complete and posted the ones that I still needed. @goofyfordonald had one of them, reached out to me, and held onto the pin for a month or two, if not longer I don't remember, while I tried to track down something even remotely comparable to trade for it.

From Mike's perspective, I'm sure it was very commonplace to hold onto a pin for a stranger for as long as it took to work out a trade, but it has always remained with me as a kindness that you just can't find anywhere else but DPF. Every time I look at that pin, which is often as it is one of my favorites, I am reminded by that selfless act and why I have been a member here for so long and will continue to be until my antics are no longer semi-amusing and I'm sent on my merry way to nowhere in particular. A pin, like a picture, or in this case, a postcard

5zhskLK.jpg

is worth a thousand words (give or take).

Editor's note: this post has been edited to remove all nonsensical, non sequitur, inappropriate, and categorically unfunny gif usage. We will return you to your scheduled programming of gifs by the barrel full in the next post. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause and thank you for your patronage.

I've got to nominate @Addicted to Alice Pins. We have become such great friends from our interactions here on the forum, and she always takes time out of her WDW trips to meet up, hang out, and treat me and Russ to some of THE BEST food.

Plus if I don't nominate her, she'll hurt me.
(;P total jk <3)

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Wow, this nomination is so Jersey. It starts with implications of bribery and concludes with me threatening to break-a-you-legs. I thought the Alice Mafia was a joke but maybe I'm in too deep now. For the record, I would take the cannoli. :p

I wuuuuuvvvvv yoooouuuuuu, Merly-My-Sweet! <3

I echo the sentiment that it is extremely difficult, if not impossible, to choose just one member here who has been so amazing, not just to me but to this wonderful community. In the 4 years or so that I have been a member, so many extraordinary folks have helped me personally on this pin journey and have created an enjoyable environment to chat about pins, help through difficult times in our lives, cheer our victories, keep us motivated, determined, and patient through our defeats. I have truly been blessed and honored to be a member here for so long. Why I haven't been kicked out for my insane gif usage is truly remarkable. But I'm so happy that I haven't been because there isn't another community like this anywhere else. To feel immediately so unabashedly and unconditionally accepted by all of you, many of whom I have never met in person, is truly something that you cannot find in many other places but is so appreciated, especially during these unprecedented times.

With that said, I, again, echo all of the previous nominees and wish I can nominate many others who have not yet been nominated here but are very much deserving. I am going to nominate someone who hasn't been too active on the site recently but made an incredible impact on my pin journey, specifically as it relates to becoming Mr. Toad complete.

About a year ago, I was only a few pins away from being complete and posted the ones that I still needed. @goofyfordonald had one of them, reached out to me, and held onto the pin for a month or two, if not longer I don't remember, while I tried to track down something even remotely comparable to trade for it.

From Mike's perspective, I'm sure it was very commonplace to hold onto a pin for a stranger for as long as it took to work out a trade, but it has always remained with me as a kindness that you just can't find anywhere else but DPF. Every time I look at that pin, which is often as it is one of my favorites, I am reminded by that selfless act and why I have been a member here for so long and will continue to be until my antics are no longer semi-amusing and I'm sent on my merry way to nowhere in particular. A pin, like a picture, or in this case, a postcard

5zhskLK.jpg

is worth a thousand words (give or take).

Editor's note: this post has been edited to remove all nonsensical, non sequitur, inappropriate, and categorically unfunny gif usage. We will return you to your scheduled programming of gifs by the barrel full in the next post. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause and thank you for your patronage.

Thanks so much for the kind words and nomination, Shaya! I’ve met so many great people here and in FB groups and even going back to the old Dizpins forums. Interactions and trades like the one we did are my favorite part of pin trading.

I agree with everyone, it's very hard to nominate just one member. I was visiting LA/Disneyland and @TheMickeyMouseRules offered to pick me up from my Universal Studios hotel and take me to a release at the Hollywood Soda Fountain so my husband could sleep in after our late night at the Halloween Horror Nights. We'd never met before only interacted on the forum, so for Anne to offer to pick me up on her way to the release blew my mind. I've met so many amazing people on this forum and am truly blessed to have found people with the same love/joy/passion for pins.

I agree with everyone, it's very hard to nominate just one member. I was visiting LA/Disneyland and @TheMickeyMouseRules offered to pick me up from my Universal Studios hotel and take me to a release at the Hollywood Soda Fountain so my husband could sleep in after our late night at the Halloween Horror Nights. We'd never met before only interacted on the forum, so for Anne to offer to pick me up on her way to the release blew my mind. I've met so many amazing people on this forum and am truly blessed to have found people with the same love/joy/passion for pins.
Pin trading enabling at its best... even at 4:00AM. :)
Good memory too... missing attending DSSH releases. ***insert big SIGH here***
Thanks for the shout out and nomination.

Thanks so much for the kind words and nomination, Shaya! I’ve met so many great people here and in FB groups and even going back to the old Dizpins forums. Interactions and trades like the one we did are my favorite part of pin trading.

Just to also add my appreciation to you Mike... @goofyfordonald - both of us being around from the Dizpins era, you really helped me understand the landscape as I was first getting serious about these shiny objects oh so many years ago...and introduced me to the wonderful CJDPT group weekend events too!

Happy Trading everyone!!!

This needs a BUMP. Come on people! There are still lots of names I would expect to see on this list that haven't been mentioned yet. If you are holding off on nominating someone because you want to keep yourself open for future prizes, don't worry...You won't win! Just send in those notes to let your fellow forum members know you appreciate them!

Totally understand! I really don't want to enter, as I am so enjoying my RAK month, and want others to have a chance first! Of course, I may not win any game at all . . . but I know how super fun it is to get mail right now! -grin-

However . . . my big thing . . . I'm having terrible trouble picking only one!

@summerskin (or anyone doing this game that knows!) - Is a member only allowed to be nominated once?

This needs a BUMP. Come on people! There are still lots of names I would expect to see on this list that haven't been mentioned yet. If you are holding off on nominating someone because you want to keep yourself open for future prizes, don't worry...You won't win! Just send in those notes to let your fellow forum members know you appreciate them!
The choice of one is v. difficult, I keep thinking of others who I could (should?) have selected, but I made my selection based on 12 WDI pins that hang in a shadow box above my desk. I might have been able to obtain one or two of these pins, but I definitely wouldn't have all 12 of them without the trader I nominated, so I am still very happy with my choice, but boy... are there so very many others who need a nomination.

I agree with @Ajk. Come on everyone more nominations are needed!

The choice of one is v. difficult, I keep thinking of others who I could (should?) have selected, but I made my selection based on 12 WDI pins that hang in a shadow box above my desk. I might have been able to obtain one or two of these pins, but I definitely wouldn't have all 12 of them without the trader I nominated, so I am still very happy with my choice, but boy... are there so very many others who need a nomination.

I agree with @Ajk. Come on everyone more nominations are needed!

I will third this!

I would like to nominate Ksnuggles. Putting together the Christmas exchange is never easy. There is always someone who has to whine that they forgot to sign up after sign ups are closed. And she always is more then kind and let's them participate.(Again thank you for letting me sign up after you closed it) I know that this is a lot of work and you are highly appreciated for your time and organization of these events.

People can nominate someone and opt out the big prize drawing if they would like. I'm not going make someone to enter for a prize and am happy to see every story shared. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back