• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DPF 10th Anniversary Giveaway #10 (winners posted top of page 3, post #51)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DPF 10th Anniversary Giveaway #10 (winners posted top of page 3, post #51)

movingthestars

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Hi friends, it is a new week so it is time for a new pin game hosted by yours truly.
93ef77a98708668867d1707ed7dff0f5.jpg

Happy 10 years DPF! I'm thrilled for the opportunity to give back to this wonderful community.

The Rules:

1) You must be:
- A member of DPF
- Willing to send me your address so I can send you a prize!
2) You have until Sunday August 30th midnight EST to enter

Shipping is free and I will ship wherever, but international shipping likely will not have tracking.

In order to enter:
Please post a photo of your favorite collection or pin display. Please feel free to tell us a little about it as well, but only the photo is required to enter. I just love seeing what everyone does with their pins! One entry per person, please.

There are 3 prizes so there will be 3 winners. The winners will be picked by a randomizer and the prizes will also be assigned randomly. Prizes are pictured in the next post.

I'll ship everything the week of August 31.

Hope you enjoy my little game :)

And we’re back!

Here is my Mr. Toad coll...err, really shrine that I keep in the corner of our bedroom. I come to it when I’m feeling a little down or if I had an especially long day at work.

4UEZn3r.jpg

It immediately picks me up and puts a smile on my face because I remember all of the hard work that it took over the last 5 or so years to be Mr. Toad complete.

Since becoming complete, I have been on the hunt for other Mr. Toad memorabilia and was fortunate enough last month to win an impossible auction for a Frank Thomas autographed original production drawing, which is my crowning Mr. Toad achievement.

Some people just dismiss them as pieces of metal, or even expensive pieces of metal, but to me, they represent hard work, dedication, perseverance, friendship, and a hobby that I’ve been so fortunate to share with my daughter, as well as all of the amazing and wonderful folks on DPF who have helped me make the dream of becoming Mr. Toad complete a reality, for so many wonderful years.

Great game idea, @movingthestars! I look forward to seeing everyone else’s collection displays!

Okay, I'm back with my very favorite pin board! This is my Hawaiian/Hula Girl/Small World/Aulani/Dole Whip/Polynesian Resort/Ariel collection. Yeah, that's some name, but they all go together in my mind, because I started this collection do to the fact that my very favorite American Girl doll is my Nanea -- a Hawaiian girl! She stars in a lot of photo stories on my doll blog and is big into pin trading. She's been to Florida twice already and is a very experienced trader (It's fun how many CMs and visitors get a big kick out of trading with a doll!). Well, a friend gifted me with a WDI pin showing Rapunzel on "It's a Small World" in front of the three Hula Dancers. That got me to thinking that a Hawaiian board would be a lot of fun. So, I started going after trades of Small World Hula Dancer pins (and other Small World pins to go with them). And Aulani is Nanea's "dream vacation", so getting some pins from there was an obvious addition. Of course, Lilo and Moana came into it pretty soon, followed by Ariel (who fits the theme as Nanea likes to swim, dive for pearls and collect shells -- all imaginary, of course -- just like Ariel).
Then, this past January was lots of fun, because we got to go to the Polynesian Resort and take Nanea (dressed in a Hula costume) for a big-time photo shoot! Totally amazing, as it was great fun, and the Ukulele instructor in the lobby even sang a song just to her! We went into the Moana Mercantile and got souvenirs, and even discovered Pineapple Dole Whip! I HAD TO HAVE some Dole Whip pins, so those have been fun to hunt for all year. Thanks to @Rick195275 and @TheMickeyMouseRules , the collection is off to a great start.
So, this is definitely my favorite board --- push come to shove, I'd lose all my other pins to keep this collection. Not that I want that to happen, of course. That's just worse case.
There are more close-up photos and pin details about this collection in this thread: Hawaiian Collection Board (Aulani, Polynesian, Dole Whip, Small World, etc.)

20200824150152-d77f721e-xl.jpg

So, here it is. My wife is a huge Enchanted Tiki Room fan, and some of you may remember I gave her this shadowbox on Mother's day, and have been adding to it ever since. I really love it now, because of the variety of pins, the style of the frame, and the decorations we've added. Thanks for giving me one more opportunity to show it off. @mybabykelly, I'm tagging you, because I think you'll appreciate it, in part because you helped make it so nice!
f71753c29a5ae86a62c6002a59f74f84.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

So, here it is. My wife is a huge Enchanted Tiki Room fan, and some of you may remember I gave her this shadowbox on Mother's day, and have been adding to it ever since. I really love it now, because of the variety of pins, the style of the frame, and the decorations we've added. Thanks for giving me one more opportunity to show it off. @mybabykelly, I'm tagging you, because I think you'll appreciate it, in part because you helped make it so nice!
f71753c29a5ae86a62c6002a59f74f84.jpg

Tiki lovers unite! Her pins look amazing all together, and y’all have a great eye for detail! Thank you for sharing, and please continue to update as she gets more! I will keep my eyes pealed to help.

I need to step up my display game. My favorite collection is my Pluto cork board that I painted yellow to compliment my Pluto’s. I plan to paint the border green to match his collar, but I may wait until I completely fill the board. On the board you’ll notice sub-themes of Pluto Birthday, Pluto on Rides, and Pluto Holidays. Note: this is not my full Pluto collection. I have other Pluto lanyards as well :)

6d195f180031a9b9121f15c307090b63.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have to put up 2 collections. Hopefully that’s not a problem but 1 is my favorite collection and the other is my daughters favorite collection. You’ll notice hers has a few more than mine lol. Both have pins traded to us from this amazing community.
My favorite collection is the first picture, Mr toad
My daughters favorite collection is the second picture Lilo and stitch
@Spr175psu your picture gives me board envy lol
Sorry for the link! I still can’t for the life of my figure out posting pictures to my posts on mobile browsers

https://imgur.com/a/LHvRPzX

110250817_3044524599107216_7996801167342712162_n.jpg

Love Seeing Everyone's Frames!
This is a Small Frame with the 'Tinker Bell Day of Beauty' set...it was my very, very first 'Grail' from many, many years ago...during the Dizpins era, for those of you that may remember. Still gives me goose bumps every time I see it....even though Ariel/Eric are our core collection.

75e49dcd531831a6ac4b2631cd999299.jpg

This is my small but mighty Lion King collection. I started this board after my nephew passed.
I had some very kind traders that sold me the DEC and WDI pins at cost. When I went to WDW last year, I traded in the parks and bought some OE pins. I still need the HM completer Ed. Hope you like my board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You did say just one..

This is part of my 1998 Disneyland Attractions pin set.

According to PinPics SKU they are all on original backer cards. (It took awhile.
There is a 6 pin cast member set in the middle.

The frame does have a glass top but is hard to photo.
9a91bc510812d1869b6d429096d0ef8d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk
I'm going to make a DLR one too!

You did say just one..

This is part of my 1998 Disneyland Attractions pin set.

According to PinPics SKU they are all on original backer cards. (It took awhile.
There is a 6 pin cast member set in the middle.

The frame does have a glass top but is hard to photo.
9a91bc510812d1869b6d429096d0ef8d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk
LOVE the map. I have the WDW ones but not DL. Very nice.

One . . . how tough! Well, here is one of my favorites. Very new, it is, but super fun! I just love Goofy's Candy Company in Disney Springs! One of my favorite Disney places to go. Since you can't get a souvenir there of something that has the logo or says where it is from (non-edible, that is, as we can't eat anything there) . . . I brought home some of the plastic bags for filling with Jelly Beans. They had the lovely Goofy's Candy Co. logo on them nice and clear! So, we printed out a picture of jelly beans and made that the center of the board (Leaving the four corners of the bag area empty in hopes that one day I might get one or more of the four Goofy's Candy Co. pins that were actually made!) and then I am collecting all sorts of Goofy's Candy Co. type themed pins . . .sweets, treats, characters eating, etc. Even got the HM set of presents, as they look like themed candy boxes! And the new HM characters "shorts" set looks like the illustrations on the candy bags. :) So, this satisfies my wish for Goofy's Candy Co. pins and a place to put any food pins I find and have to have (that don't go in my World Showcase board, that is!). Those are the squished pennies from the Disney Springs outdoor eating area across from the Star Wars and Marvel stores! And the photos in the center are some of my favorite sections of the store. Really hoping to add a few Cookieann pins to this board, and a couple of the new Loungefly soft serves! : )

If there is a fabulous pin that you think should be added . . . feel free to let me know! :) This is fun, as it makes you think outside the box! :)

20200827135940-adbd3c98.jpg

And we’re back!

Here is my Mr. Toad coll...err, really shrine that I keep in the corner of our bedroom. I come to it when I’m feeling a little down or if I had an especially long day at work.

4UEZn3r.jpg

It immediately picks me up and puts a smile on my face because I remember all of the hard work that it took over the last 5 or so years to be Mr. Toad complete.

Since becoming complete, I have been on the hunt for other Mr. Toad memorabilia and was fortunate enough last month to win an impossible auction for a Frank Thomas autographed original production drawing, which is my crowning Mr. Toad achievement.

Some people just dismiss them as pieces of metal, or even expensive pieces of metal, but to me, they represent hard work, dedication, perseverance, friendship, and a hobby that I’ve been so fortunate to share with my daughter, as well as all of the amazing and wonderful folks on DPF who have helped me make the dream of becoming Mr. Toad complete a reality, for so many wonderful years.

Great game idea, @movingthestars! I look forward to seeing everyone else’s collection displays!
Oh man. The It All Started With Walt jumbo. That's a beauty.

And we’re back!

4UEZn3r.jpg

This is quite amazing! I love the non-pin items around it! Have you seen the Funko of Mr. Toad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back