• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DPF 10th Anniversary Giveaway #10 (winners posted top of page 3, post #51)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DPF 10th Anniversary Giveaway #10 (winners posted top of page 3, post #51)
Def hard to choose one but this is prob my favorite “finished” framed collection. As you can see, it’s yellow dress belle and some beast
ded6df455b9a504e5464e5750ddc35ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Def hard to choose one but this is prob my favorite “finished” framed collection. As you can see, it’s yellow dress belle and some beast
ded6df455b9a504e5464e5750ddc35ce.jpg

Omg this is amazing! It all goes together so well and I love the regal frame you put it in :) The ACME Dancing pin is so eye-catching.

I have to put up 2 collections. Hopefully that’s not a problem but 1 is my favorite collection and the other is my daughters favorite collection. You’ll notice hers has a few more than mine lol. Both have pins traded to us from this amazing community.
My favorite collection is the first picture, Mr toad
My daughters favorite collection is the second picture Lilo and stitch
@Spr175psu your picture gives me board envy lol
Sorry for the link! I still can’t for the life of my figure out posting pictures to my posts on mobile browsers
Favorite collections!

Amazing Toad collection! Your daughter also has an awesome L&S collection. Mine collects Ariel and I’ve definitely been focusing on that one more this year to the detriment of my other collections so I know what you mean :)

This game is a little challenging for me as I don’t really display my pins for the most part. (Wife draws the line there.) Mine are pretty much packed away in good old fashioned pin bags, ready to be pulled out and flipped through to enjoy. While most bags have a mix of themes/collections, there is one bag that is completely dedicated to just one, so I guess that one is probably my favorite - Nightmare Before Christmas.

Besides loving the movie ever since it first came out, I love how there are so many really interesting and different characters. And lots of scenes for them to be in. And then when you add in all the pins from the awesome Haunted Mansion Holiday setup...well...that explains the whole dedicated bag thing.

If it was all on display, I guess it would look something like the below.

Note that there are a couple of sad places where a pin or two from a series is missing. Always looking to trade for those if you have them! :D

fadeecc2b62639820fc2f0d2f0b4fe7a.jpg

Last edited:
I am unable to win a prize, but I still wanted to submit my favorite display which has all of my PODM's on it and is backlit.

Rer2dTc.jpg
You need to start a business and sell these to PODM collectors. I found it hard to narrow my collection to one for most movies. I would love to display mine - when they’re away you don’t get to enjoy them. Absolutely beautiful.

Ok. I gave up. Can't pick just one. This might get long winded. Lol

Once upon a time, before there was DPF, there was a little site called Dizpins. A user there named Shelkervel (maybe misspelled, it's been a long time) posted pictures of displays she'd made with pins and I was inspired! I have since made LOTS of frames - some with 1 pin, some with 15+. My thought was to eventually start a post to share a frame each day. I still haven't started that, but maybe soon. . .

So my favorite pins are characters dressed as characters. My favorite holiday is Halloween and my first pin collection was Maleficent which spread to most villains. So this display is a good cross-over for all those collections.

092e4524a2dcbbc4de1348e226b750ef.jpg

I also wanted to share this display. As I mentioned, I started collecting Maleficent pins and that expanded to a lot of Sleeping Beauty pins. 2 reasons I wanted to share this set: 1) The 4 backgrounds used on this display were scrapbook papers a trader included as a zap when we traded pins. They worked perfectly for this! 2) I used a mix of pins: special event, open edition, DA, gwp. While the frames tell a story, each pin has a story of its it's own. (If I can remember them all! I've been a pin trader for 18 years now.)

So here is the full display:

75e0c082c2b1e4d7b386778387ce9d79.jpg

And here's a closer look at each. (Taking pics of pins in frames is not easy!)

283f37113c3abfa685f2cf091b02a582.jpg

037a5cc317f2f9374e602627364e7171.jpg

e35bfd8c53bfd9fb14b6bfb780ae8ffb.jpg

fe21e23c43c662b8eb76e1f1120af768.jpg

If you're still reading, thanks for indulging me!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Once upon a time, before there was DPF, there was a little site called Dizpins. A user there named Shelkervel (maybe misspelled, it's been a long time) posted pictures of displays she'd made with pins and I was inspired! I have since made LOTS of frames - some with 1 pin, some with 15+. My thought was to eventually start a post to share a frame each day. I still haven't started that, but maybe soon. . .

So my favorite pins are characters dressed as characters. My favorite holiday is Halloween and my first pin collection was Maleficent which spread to most villains. So this display is a good cross-over for all those collections.

I also wanted to share this display. As I mentioned, I started collecting Maleficent pins and that expanded to a lot of Sleeping Beauty pins. 2 reasons I wanted to share this set: 1) The 4 backgrounds used on this display were scrapbook papers a trader included as a zap when we traded pins. They worked perfectly for this! 2) I used a mix of pins: special event, open edition, DA, gwp. While the frames tell a story, each pin has a story of its it's own. (If I can remember them all! I've been a pin trader for 18 years now.)

I love that paper. It is so perfect for displaying pins! And you did a great job.

Really nice displays.

Okay, I'm back with my very favorite pin board! This is my Hawaiian/Hula Girl/Small World/Aulani/Dole Whip/Polynesian Resort/Ariel collection. Yeah, that's some name, but they all go together in my mind, because I started this collection do to the fact that my very favorite American Girl doll is my Nanea -- a Hawaiian girl! She stars in a lot of photo stories on my doll blog and is big into pin trading. She's been to Florida twice already and is a very experienced trader (It's fun how many CMs and visitors get a big kick out of trading with a doll!). Well, a friend gifted me with a WDI pin showing Rapunzel on "It's a Small World" in front of the three Hula Dancers. That got me to thinking that a Hawaiian board would be a lot of fun. So, I started going after trades of Small World Hula Dancer pins (and other Small World pins to go with them). And Aulani is Nanea's "dream vacation", so getting some pins from there was an obvious addition. Of course, Lilo and Moana came into it pretty soon, followed by Ariel (who fits the theme as Nanea likes to swim, dive for pearls and collect shells -- all imaginary, of course -- just like Ariel).
Then, this past January was lots of fun, because we got to go to the Polynesian Resort and take Nanea (dressed in a Hula costume) for a big-time photo shoot! Totally amazing, as it was great fun, and the Ukulele instructor in the lobby even sang a song just to her! We went into the Moana Mercantile and got souvenirs, and even discovered Pineapple Dole Whip! I HAD TO HAVE some Dole Whip pins, so those have been fun to hunt for all year. Thanks to @Rick195275 and @TheMickeyMouseRules , the collection is off to a great start.
So, this is definitely my favorite board --- push come to shove, I'd lose all my other pins to keep this collection. Not that I want that to happen, of course. That's just worse case.
There are more close-up photos and pin details about this collection in this thread: Hawaiian Collection Board (Aulani, Polynesian, Dole Whip, Small World, etc.)

20200824150152-d77f721e-xl.jpg
That's a fun display.

One . . . how tough! Well, here is one of my favorites. Very new, it is, but super fun! I just love Goofy's Candy Company in Disney Springs! One of my favorite Disney places to go. Since you can't get a souvenir there of something that has the logo or says where it is from (non-edible, that is, as we can't eat anything there) . . . I brought home some of the plastic bags for filling with Jelly Beans. They had the lovely Goofy's Candy Co. logo on them nice and clear! So, we printed out a picture of jelly beans and made that the center of the board (Leaving the four corners of the bag area empty in hopes that one day I might get one or more of the four Goofy's Candy Co. pins that were actually made!) and then I am collecting all sorts of Goofy's Candy Co. type themed pins . . .sweets, treats, characters eating, etc. Even got the HM set of presents, as they look like themed candy boxes! And the new HM characters "shorts" set looks like the illustrations on the candy bags. :) So, this satisfies my wish for Goofy's Candy Co. pins and a place to put any food pins I find and have to have (that don't go in my World Showcase board, that is!). Those are the squished pennies from the Disney Springs outdoor eating area across from the Star Wars and Marvel stores! And the photos in the center are some of my favorite sections of the store. Really hoping to add a few Cookieann pins to this board, and a couple of the new Loungefly soft serves! : )

If there is a fabulous pin that you think should be added . . . feel free to let me know! :) This is fun, as it makes you think outside the box! :)

20200827135940-adbd3c98.jpg
Nice theming.

Here is my Peter Pan collection. I love this one because it reminds me of my mom. When I was little the only person who would ride this with me was my mom. She was so terrified of heights that this ride even had her on edge. She would sit very still and made sure I did too so as to not rock the boat. Lol. She knew how much I enjoyed this ride and would face her fears just to see me happy. I love and miss her still and this always brightens my day.
b76464ccf08492d7b5556add7cae52fb.jpg

Here is my Peter Pan collection. I love this one because it reminds me of my mom. When I was little the only person who would ride this with me was my mom. She was so terrified of heights that this ride even had her on edge. She would sit very still and made sure I did too so as to not rock the boat. Lol. She knew how much I enjoyed this ride and would face her fears just to see me happy. I love and miss her still and this always brightens my day.
b76464ccf08492d7b5556add7cae52fb.jpg

Your story was really beautiful. I love your Peter Pan collection.

I would love to enter but was not able to get a picture to print, my favorite set that I made is Ratatouille the 12 that were out a year or so ago and the PTD ones from DL. I just think Ratatouille is a very cute movie, I used to have pet mice as well, guess that is why I love them.

Well, I didn’t have any where/way to display collections in the rent house, so I’ve just started working on displaying in the new house. So, this is a work in progress. I’m using my mil’s old cedar chest with purple velvet inlay and glass top. The pins I’ve picked so far are just part of the Haunted Mansion collection I’m slowly working to grow. I have foam to cut and place under the pins to “straighten” them out, and want to add some of our HM attraction photos. I had hoped to work on it some this week, but ran out of time, so here it is “so far”.

35abab96dfddb20f818d119f595139ef.jpg

098dca500753c33bab95db147e422321.jpg

bcee030da13c17896befa1cd6b3e6797.jpg

a844681afe3cfb3c799cbdf32adfd5f0.jpg

Seeing all these displays makes me want to finish setting up a pin board, I haven’t got a 2nd setup since I had to end up disposing of the last one...

Thank you all so much for sharing your displays! There are some incredibly beautiful works of art here, and I got some inspiration from a lot of these (I still need to do something with my PODM collection...)

I'm ready to randomly pick winners and send prizes but @starry_solo please let me know if I'm meant to put them through or you. :)

Thank you all so much for sharing your displays! There are some incredibly beautiful works of art here, and I got some inspiration from a lot of these (I still need to do something with my PODM collection...)

I'm ready to randomly pick winners and send prizes but @starry_solo please let me know if I'm meant to put them through or you. :)

You can run the randomizer yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back