• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DPF and Pin Trader Newbie!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DPF and Pin Trader Newbie!!

linz_pinz

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Hi all!!

I've been on DPF for a little over a week now I think, and I've found that I probably spend a vast majority of my internet time on here... and I don't even mind. It's awesome. haha. I went to WDW for the first time in December, took me 23 years to get there, and I cannot wait to get back. More importantly though, I learned about pin trading!!! I wish I had known more about it before I went, but I'd say that I acquired a pretty good collection nonetheless.

It's so addicting- I just hope that I can learn about what even trades are and all that stuff... for right now I've been stuck with tunnel vision toward snow white pins (she my favorite character)-- did you guys find yourself focusing really hard on one character or so at first??

Can't wait to get to know some of you, and hopefully start making trades... and zapping people and all the fun stuff that seems to go along with being a DPFer. hehe.

Thanks!! :wavey:

Hi!!!! Welcome :)!!!

I went to WDW for the first time this summer, it took me 22 years :lol: !!

At first I only collected Pocahontas, then I started collecting Belle, Beast and gaston... Then Ariel... Bolt and now i just collect all the princesses :lol: !! But my main focus is the ones underneath my siggy :)! I keep adding little collections to my princesses too :lol: I just decided to collect louis as part of my tiana collection and Maximus with rapunzel.. I also collect the princesses horses and dogs! :lol: eventually I will end up collecting the princes too!!! I also collect frozen but it's super hard to collect it :( it's really addicting and I don't even want to think about how much money I have spent on pins >-<

Last edited:
Welcome! :wavey: You went to Disney World? :drool:Lucky! I wish you the best in your collecting endeavors:tigger:

Welcome to the forum!

I started out wanting ONLY Rajah pins but then realized that there were all of 5 and have since expanded. However the expansion has grown a lot from just Rajah to Marie, Lady & the Tramp, 101 Dalmatians & Mulan... Recently I added Frozen, and the Brave cubs as well as expanding my Marie collection to the Aristocats as a whole. (And... I may or may not have an expanding Oliver/Figaro collection as well.) Essentially, I collect cats & dogs plus Mulan & Frozen haha. Phew.

Anyway, you'll learn quite quickly here, it is a great resource with amazing people always ready to lend a hand.

Hi!!!! Welcome :)!!!

I went to WDW for the first time this summer, it took me 22 years :lol: !!

At first I only collected Pocahontas, then I started collecting Belle, Beast and gaston... Then Ariel... Bolt and now i just collect all the princesses :lol: !! But my main focus is the ones underneath my siggy :)! I keep adding little collections to my princesses too :lol: I just decided to collect louis as part of my tiana collection and Maximus with rapunzel.. I also collect the princesses horses and dogs! :lol: eventually I will end up collecting the princes too!!! I also collect frozen but it's super hard to collect it :( it's really addicting and I don't even want to think about how much money I have spent on pins >-<

Oh my gosh, tell me about it! I was doing some mental math of my last couple of weeks and had to make myself stop because I was kiiiind of scared... yikes!! I think I'm going to start branching toward more princesses... maybe Belle or Ariel- I would do frozen but it's super impossible to find, and unless I want to take out a loan, I am not about to buy them. hahaha.

Welcome to the forum!

I started out wanting ONLY Rajah pins but then realized that there were all of 5 and have since expanded. However the expansion has grown a lot from just Rajah to Marie, Lady & the Tramp, 101 Dalmatians & Mulan... Recently I added Frozen, and the Brave cubs as well as expanding my Marie collection to the Aristocats as a whole. (And... I may or may not have an expanding Oliver/Figaro collection as well.) Essentially, I collect cats & dogs plus Mulan & Frozen haha. Phew.

Anyway, you'll learn quite quickly here, it is a great resource with amazing people always ready to lend a hand.

Thats pretty cool that you go for the cats and dogs-- I've enjoyed checking out people's profiles to see what things are on their wants lists, it's kind of a fun, and possibly creepy, way to learn a little about them.

Hello and welcome to the Forum. It's a good thing you are focused on Snow White for now. There are so many nice pins out there that it can be hard not to over do it:)

Welcome to the forum. It's actually good that you're stuck with tunnel vision on one character because you'd find if you like lots of movies and characters that your collection grows fast and out of control and then you're broke ;)

Welcome to DPF! You'll have a great time here. You are smart to keep some kind of focus. I do that too -- I only collect the pretty, shiny pins. LOL. I hope you'll get back to WDW real soon. Until then,

Have a magical day,
Bobbie :stitch:

Thanks all! It's been so much fun, and I've spent soooo much time on here but it's just awesome and I love it. I think I'm going to start planning my next disney trip. I'm hoping for Disneyland this time. Maybe get my hands on some of those limited edition pins that seem to like to hang around out that way hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back