• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Dr. Grailove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trade

ZAPPED! Dr. Grailove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trade

Chusaurus

Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer -née Chubs191
Rating - 98.4%
63   1   0
Some of you may have noticed that I got rid of my signature. Well, not only is it now older than old, but I have accomplished a goal I never thought I would.

MC43Zg0.jpg

That. There. Is. The. Pin. The one I never thought I'd get. The one that one person asked me for $6000 in trade value for at one point. The price you ask? One pin.

Now this one pin means a lot to me; I studied for 200+ hours for the annual Disney Store trivia test in order to get it. My goal working there has always been to go onto the finals and win. As I'm looking to move to a position at the parks later this year, I think it's no longer in the cards. But I had that one pin and then I won another year, so I had two pins. And then I was like "Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if someone needed one of my pins and they offered me the Nouveau for it."

My brain was trying to correct itself, until a while ago. A pin trader I knew started really hunting for it. And he had the pin for trade. I, being the person I am, played fantasy lottery with the concept of asking him, but didn't actually. I still thought the pin I wanted was a fever dream.

I mustered up the courage this week and he agreed. So, now I've accomplished my goal. And it really just goes to show that you don't know where that one pin is gonna come from or when you're gonna get it. Keep trying tho, because it's on its way.

Some of you may have noticed that I got rid of my signature. Well, not only is it now older than old, but I have accomplished a goal I never thought I would.

MC43Zg0.jpg

That. There. Is. The. Pin. The one I never thought I'd get. The one that one person asked me for $6000 in trade value for at one point. The price you ask? One pin.

Now this one pin means a lot to me; I studied for 200+ hours for the annual Disney Store trivia test in order to get it. My goal working there has always been to go onto the finals and win. As I'm looking to move to a position at the parks later this year, I think it's no longer in the cards. But I had that one pin and then I won another year, so I had two pins. And then I was like "Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if someone needed one of my pins and they offered me the Nouveau for it."

My brain was trying to correct itself, until a while ago. A pin trader I knew started really hunting for it. And he had the pin for trade. I, being the person I am, played fantasy lottery with the concept of asking him, but didn't actually. I still thought the pin I wanted was a fever dream.

I mustered up the courage this week and he agreed. So, now I've accomplished my goal. And it really just goes to show that you don't know where that one pin is gonna come from or when you're gonna get it. Keep trying tho, because it's on its way.
Absolutely amazing pin!!

Congrats! I saw that Patrick had tagged you in his post and was like, hmm, I wonder what @chubs191 got for it!

P.S. What is it graded at? Are you taking it out of the box?

P.P.S. It wasn't just one pin, it was a drawing too!

P.P.P.S. I'm going to use the picture he posted and put a listing onto PTDB. But I gotta ask some questions so I'll send you a PM

Congrats! I saw that Patrick had tagged you in his post and was like, hmm, I wonder what @chubs191 got for it!

P.S. What is it graded at? Are you taking it out of the box?

P.P.S. It wasn't just one pin, it was a drawing too!

P.P.P.S. I'm going to use the picture he posted and put a listing onto PTDB. But I gotta ask some questions so I'll send you a PM

Thanks! It's the one that went on the auction house back in 2013. It was graded 8.8. I am taking it out because it's not sealed from the air, and it's begun tarnishing from humidity trapped in the case.

If you have one of these graded pins, I highly recommend you either get them resealed properly or just take them out. A q-tip of acetone at the seals should do it. This was a shoddy job and I do shoddy acrylic work.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Woohoo!! Congrats!!

I’m so curious though; what’s the pin you won from the trivia game/ the one you traded for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations! I know exactly how long you've wanted this pin and I'm so excited for you that you finally got it!

Now it's time to find a new dream ... :)

Back