DSF Marquee display, Part III...

Discussion in 'Pin Showroom' started by rik1138, Jun 5, 2020.

1. rik1138

rik1138 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

Well, I'm back... :) I kind of got out of pin collecting a few years ago after having a complete DSF/DSSH marquee collection. Then I re-got the collecting bug and had to play catch-up!
    And, since it seems this collection won't be growing anytime soon, I figured it was time to get them framed, hung and show them off!

So, I present the complete El Capitan Marquee Collection (actual movie title pins only, I do have most of the non-movie ones and the puzzles, I'll get them in a separate frame soon... :) )
    216 pins total (217 counting Sky High), in 3 frames that are designed to hold sports jerseys. Should be a while before I need a forth one.
    [​IMG]

For me this has been an 11-year hobby (including the 'time off')... I started with Oliver & Company in 2009. I'm glad it's complete (for now), and look forward to being able to collect them again! (It's really the only pin series I actively collect, so I get to just look at them and enjoy. :) )

It's been interesting to watch these change in size... At first there was a Jumbo Nightmare Before Christmas, then the '3D Die Cast' pins were Jumbo... Then they just all started coming out that size... But NMBC still seems to be the winner in size- the 15th NMBC pin with the Zero sliding element (roughly center of middle frame) I believe is the largest Marquee made so far...

2. tiggeriffic

tiggeriffic DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Great collection! They look really nice all together and framed. :tigger:

3. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Wow what an incredible collection!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4. Ajk

Ajk Consider yourself...at home...

Rating - 100%
    98   0   0

The size variance is pretty interesting. Congratulations on having them all! Thanks for sharing.

5. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    122   0   0

Thank you for sharing. The Marquees are a stand out pin to collect.

6. bcol

bcol "They call me Bruce" ....and mupins

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0

They look so nice together. Congratulations on the set!

7. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    122   0   0

Wow ~ this is AWESOME!!! They display so well together ~ love it!!!

8. splashmtnman

splashmtnman All Wet and Sad

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Impressive... Great collection...Love to see it displayed..
    Question: How many of these movies have you seen? at the El Capitan?

9. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0

Very interesting to see them all together.

10. rik1138

rik1138 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

Well, using a quick count I've seen 101 of them (not counting duplicate pins multiple times. I've never counted to see how many unique movies are represented here. Probably about 150-160 or so).
    I've actually only seen movies at the El Capitan a few times (Up, Tron Legacy, NMBC a few times, one of the Avengers movies...) It's an expensive theater to go to if you like good seats, so I usually only went when there were special displays of movies props in the basement show room that I really wanted to see...

I was actually thinking while hanging these frames, I should make myself watch (or re-watch) every movie up there, in order. :) That'd be a challenge!

splashmtnman likes this.
  11. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Wow, that is awesome...

12. Leor Manson

Leor Manson New Member

0   0   0

Looks amazing!

13. echan50

echan50 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    95   0   0

First off congratulations for being a marquee completest. I am still trying after 8 years of collecting (I just need one more!).
    WoW! that's is a really nice display. It is especially cool that add each marquee based on the release date of the pin itself and not the movie.
    I would have never guessed a jersey display was the best way to display marquees. Very nice job!

14. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Which one are you still looking for? I'll keep an eye out...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

15. stitchismyspiritanimal

stitchismyspiritanimal PinPics ID: chrisdonturner

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Very cool, thanks for showing them!

16. echan50

echan50 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    95   0   0

Thanks so much! I am looking out for Enchanted. Not sure what will happen to the value of this marquee once the movie squeal comes out.

akarih likes this.