Duffy and Shellie May Costume pins

Discussion in 'Pin Comparison' started by Aurorapinfan4ever, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Aurorapinfan4ever

Aurorapinfan4ever Member

0   0   0

A while ago I traded for these two pins featuring Duffy in a Tigger costume and Shellie May as maleficent. I'm not familiar with these types of pins and was wondering if anyone can help determine if these pins are real.

Imgur
    Imgur

Imgur
    Imgur

-Aurorapinfan4ever

2. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

Duffy Tigger looks like a scrapper based on his mouth enamel - he has a black section in his mouth that should be pink. Metal on both pins looks rough compared to the PinPics photos - but the backs look pretty good. Enamel on the front of Shellie May also looks a little matte finish instead of shiny.

PicPics #134749 and #126872

Aurorapinfan4ever likes this.
  3. Aurorapinfan4ever

Aurorapinfan4ever Member

0   0   0

Thank you

4. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    177   0   0

These have been faked. They are supposed to come on individual Duffy themed backer cards. But the fakes are being sold on a jumbo sized card back with like 6 pins on each card.

5. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    111   0   0

Love the Shelly May as Maleficent pin. I hope yours is real.

After this pin posted on the pins blog, I chased one down from a Hong Kong based trader who was trading me other pins. I actually asked if they could pick up the OE SM as maleficent pin they said 'yes'. They went to the Hong Kong DL park and bought it specifically to trade to me. They definitely lived in Hong Kong since that is where I mailed my pins for the trade. It was also within a month or so of when it came out, so I am relatively confident mine is legit.

I also used it to create the pinpics listing.

Anyway, it will take me a few days, but I will take pictures of it so you can compare it with the SM as maleficent you have. :)

6. Aurorapinfan4ever

Aurorapinfan4ever Member

0   0   0

Awesome, Thank you!!

7. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    111   0   0

Pictures of my pin.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    Aurorapinfan4ever and momin.ator like this.
  8. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    177   0   0

I notice, even though it's hard to see, that @TheMickeyMouseRules ' pin has an FAC number stamped on the back, while the OPs does not.

This may be a case of "made for Disney's run, but didn't have that final step" and then sold out the back door or "got a hold of the original mold, and then made more and sold out the back door." They are the hardest type of unauthorized pins to sort out. Easier when there are enamel differences or color differences.

9. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    111   0   0

I can take additional pictures of certain areas of the pin... just let me know if you would like me to focus on any specific area.

10. Aurorapinfan4ever

Aurorapinfan4ever Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the pictures, comparing my pin to yours it looks very similar if not the same. But as @hopemax pointed out, your pin has a FAC number stamped on the back while mine does not.

11. Aurorapinfan4ever

Aurorapinfan4ever Member

0   0   0

I almost didn't even notice the FAC till you pointed it out. Thank you