Dug PTD - WITHOUT cone of shame

Discussion in 'Pin Comparison' started by pretty Omi, Nov 9, 2018.

1. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

Hey folks,
    I've been trying to accumulate some cheap PTDs to have ready for the pin trading boards at the upcoming DSSH event, and I have one here I'm a little suspect of. I didn't know that Dug is supposed to be a not quite so cheap, but there's a bunch that have sold around the $20 mark as of late, and someone said some of the sellers are known for scrappers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any insight is appreciated

2. LadyBarclay

LadyBarclay Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Two things I noticed:

Your pin does not match up to the picture on pinpics (I don't know if they restrict pics of newer pins to verified purchases, though - to insure they do not post a pic of a fake). The biggest differences I found were the bottom edge of the sundae glass (yours has three very visible white triangles, theirs does not); the Mickey sprinkles - theirs are "plumper", esp the bottom right black icon; and you appear to have a color mistake on the sundae, a brown spot just above the far right red sprinkle.

Your pin also does not seem to have those little spikes on the back (can't for the life of me remember what they are called) next to the pin post. I just checked one of my (not Dug) PTDs that I got recently from DSSH, and the post has two spikes, on each side of the post. Dug could have been made without them, but in my mind, that just adds another layer of suspicion. I'm sorry...I bought some fakes earlier this year, only was able to confirm it by comparing to known real pins in person. It sucks. :(

3. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

I ended up deciding to return it, I didn't feel comfortable with the pin without being able to 100% compare it to another one, but think the price paid was just too good to be true