• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ebay seller arrested today and scrappers off the streets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ebay seller arrested today and scrappers off the streets.

Tr8dWitMe

New DPF Member
Rating - 85.7%
10   2   2
Anyone see the Channel 9 News at 2:33 Los Angeles, CA time?

Reported and photos of boxes and boxes of Scrappers that were taken for evidence. If someone can get the clip to post it here, thanks.

The also gave the Ebay sellers ID but i missed it.

+1 for collectors.

Anyone see the Channel 9 News at 2:33 Los Angeles, CA time?

Reported and photos of boxes and boxes of Scrappers that were taken for evidence. If someone can get the clip to post it here, thanks.

The also gave the Ebay sellers ID but i missed it.

+1 for collectors.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/05/suspects-accused-of-importing-2-million-worth-of-counterfeit-collectible-disney-pins-from-china.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+lanowblog+%28L.A.+Now%29

WOW.....

I was surprised to see that it was US customs that "discovered" this....I was all prepared to see that it was a result of years and years of collectors tipping Disney off to what was going on....

At last some action has been taken, up until now it has seemed that the situation with scrappers was being ignored!

Well, if this doesn't scare them straight, nothing will. Any somewhat intelegent scrapper seller would be giving what they are doing a second thought right now...

Anyone have the ebay sellers IDs? I would love to see how many positive reviews he had!!

I also posted this at the Disboards where I CONSTANTLY see people giving advice TO BUY PIN LOTS on EBAY!!!!

I directed them here!

wow, even though i feel bad for them, i am so happy all those scrappers didn't go out to the parks. yeiii for the US police department that helped made this possible. :)

Here is another news article from ABC7.

Some interesting little stats - 150 lbs of pins. Approximately 100,000 forged pins. One of the suspects faces life imprisonment due to thrid strike.

Should be interested to see what happens.

kajtdd
590 to go.

It really is sad that some people have act like that. Good to know that the authorities are aware of people like this.

Wow... Talk about dumb criminals. Do you really expect that many packages of that huge of a weight from China not to raise a red flag. Good for the OC DA! :D

I have to admit, I'm far happier that this is apparently getting a convicted rapist and kidnapper back in court, moreso than any feelings I may have about pins.

-JD

I am so glad to hear this news. Imagine all those pins just floating around... UGH! Some people!! The one guy should not be free anyways! Rape? Kidnapping? Come on, lock the creep up!

I have to admit, I'm far happier that this is apparently getting a convicted rapist and kidnapper back in court, moreso than any feelings I may have about pins.

-JD

Well, obviously he never learned his lesson from the 2 previous, VERY serious strikes. It is sad that he had to start messing with counterfeit Disney pins to be put back in court and hopefully back in jail.

Wow, hopefully this will scare some scrappers out there.

And jeez... he was a rapist and he kidnapped? This person sounds like he got what was coming to him.

Wow! All I can say is wow!

I'm so glad that someone finally is starting to do something about this epidemic and I hope this only is the start, although with the people involved in this particular arrest - I'm happier that we're getting a third strike offender off the streets, especially since this hobby attracts so many children.

The sad part is I have a few friends that knew this man very well and traded many pins with him. They had no idea and even had their kids around him. He was at the last pin event at DLR. I personally did not ever trade with him but I know who he is just from being at the parks and the events so much in the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back