EPCOT - Art of Disney

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by stratasfan, Nov 16, 2019.

1. stratasfan

stratasfan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

The Art of Disney in EPCOT's Future World, West ---- Does it have an EPCOT themed machine for the pressed coin/medallions that the Art of Disney in Disney Springs has? Thanks!

(We might get to go in January when we go visit Gramma, so Sis, Mom, and I are figuring out a "plan of attack" in case we do get to go!)

akarih likes this.
  2. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Are you talking about a pressed penny/quarter machine?

In any case, would you believe in all the times I've into that store, I've never noticed? I can check if there is one when I go next month, if you'd like (unless, of course, one of our WDW-local members has answered this conclusively before then).

3. Randakinskywalker

Randakinskywalker Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I might end up in Epcot this weekend so I'll try and check for you. I don't think too many of the medallion machines are available in the parks yet-- they're very new. The store at the entrance to WS has one though and the cast member I spoke to said Disney will be making new medallions for every festival from now on. Be aware that traditional pressed penny machines are being phased out-- most of them have been fitted to take only card or cash (no change) and each penny costs a dollar now. It's not really worth it to collect anymore. If they release a book for collecting medallions, I'd consider making the jump to those since I'm not paying $1 for a penny, but the CM said he didn't know if they'd be making collector's books for them.

4. stratasfan

stratasfan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

We did notice about the pennies being in the machines for the $1. We still got some that interested us, as we have always collected them back as long as I can remember.

However, The Art of Disney in Disney Springs has that cool machine for medallions. I think they cost $5? Well, we really liked them as a souvenir! If you see one in EPCOT, would love to know, thanks! We might get to go to parks in January, so Sis and I are trying to plan what we want to do! -grin-

What is WS?

5. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0

The Art of Disney is relocating to The American Pavilion. I think they moved it back to sometime early next year, because it was supposed to happen in September.

6. Randakinskywalker

Randakinskywalker Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I've collected pennies for years too but man, am I bitter about them raising the price. What a total scam. 50 cents was already a high price for smashing a penny, $1 is highway robbery.

Sorry, World Showcase! So there is one in Epcot, just not sure about Art of Disney. There's one inside the pin store at Disney Springs as well. I feel like there's one more I've seen but I can't remember where.

The medallions are a fad from overseas parks if I'm not mistaken. I bought several when I went to DLRP.

Is it really? How odd. That hardly fits. They should have relocated Art of Disney to the International Gateway giftshop imo. The American Pavilion shop has always been popular. I'm not very patriotic but what a shame to lose that theming.

7. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Ah, I see. Well, I'm planning on going to WDW for a few days in the end of December. I know, I doubt I could have picked a worse time to go if I tried, but that's the way things worked out. I've gone during that time of year before - and while it's crazy, it isn't too terrible if you're prepared and adjust your expectations accordingly. But in any case, let me know if you would like me to look for these medallions while I'm there.

Is it really? I agree with @Randakinskywalker in that this just makes no sense and if they must move it, International Gateway is a much better option. I just don't see Art of Disney fitting in with the theming of the American Pavilion and I would be very curious as to the reason(s) behind this decision.

8. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0

It's only temporary, while they build the celebration pavilion.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk