• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

QUESTION FigPins - Do you like them and/or collect them?

QUESTION FigPins - Do you like them and/or collect them?

GroguFan

No Longer Active
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
So, does anyone else here like FigPins? We got our first ones for Christmas, and I have to say -- they've revolutionized my pin collecting! Mostly my Star Wars collection, but I spent some birthday money and have the Moana pin on the way for the Hawaii board.
I'd seen photos online, but I had no idea how large and detailed they were until seeing one show up in Wal-Mart. I've now got a number of the Baby Yoda pins, Kuill, the Armourer, IG-11, IG-11 with Baby Yoda, Mando with Baby Yoda in his bag . . . Sis had Cara (I wish I'd gotten her before she was gone . . .), some Baby Yoda and Bo-Katan is on the way.

Biggest FigPin wish: Star Wars Rebels -- particularly Sabine Wren!! :)

So, does anyone else here like FigPins? We got our first ones for Christmas, and I have to say -- they've revolutionized my pin collecting! Mostly my Star Wars collection, but I spent some birthday money and have the Moana pin on the way for the Hawaii board.
I'd seen photos online, but I had no idea how large and detailed they were until seeing one show up in Wal-Mart. I've now got a number of the Baby Yoda pins, Kuill, the Armourer, IG-11, IG-11 with Baby Yoda, Mando with Baby Yoda in his bag . . . Sis had Cara (I wish I'd gotten her before she was gone . . .), some Baby Yoda and Bo-Katan is on the way.

Biggest FigPin wish: Star Wars Rebels -- particularly Sabine Wren!! :)

Did you create a FigPin account?

I don't really collect them. With as many different characters and such that I do collect, I try to keep my collections to "from Disney (land/world/store) only" otherwise my bank account would divorce me. Lol. However, my husband did buy me a Sorcerer Mickey pin a couple of months ago. I was shocked at how big it was!

e762504e5656cd986f2cccd7cf1a296b.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Agree in general Figpins have great quality and detail. I have quite a few in my perm collection. The Wanda and Vision in retro costumes are two of my favorite pins from any that I collect.

Setting up an account with the Figpin app has been fun. Gives you details about your pins (when you enter your pins unique code.) And recently it was pointed out by @Chusaurus if you have enough points, Figpin dropped a pin for 'app users with 100,000+ points'.

I don't collect them specifically but if they fit in my collections I'll get them. Like I'm working on collecting all of the coco pins. Well there is a coco figpin so I do have it! Its really pretty and big.

They've promised to start releasing app exclusive pins for their super fans. So, the first one got released last week that was Riku in his organization 13 outfit.

I'm not the biggest fan of Figpins. Some of them look super weird because of the over screen printing and too many colors, looking at you, Ursula. But some of them are very well done. And they do screen printing better than ACME/ARTLAND most of the time.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I really like them a lot - especially the range of sizes. The 'mini' pins are about regular rack pin size. The regular pins are a nice jumbo height. And the XL pins are HUGE. Like the length of your arm long! lol

I have a few keepers - Marvel: Infinity War Cap, Infinity War Star-Lord and XL Goose (still need Zemo and Bucky new releases) / Wonderland: Hatter and Hare (still need Alice, Cheshire and Queen of Hearts).

Have a few in my traders - mini Daisy from their Disney pins and mini Goose, Infinity War Thor, and XL Thanos. Part of me would love to have more of the MCU Figpins, but I'm REALLY trying hard to keep my Marvel collection limited strictly to pins I love madly. Which as I've previously noted, is REALLY hard for someone who is a completist by nature!

I have liked the FiGPiN. I have a couple Star Wars Ashoka pins, wandavision (waiting/hoping for Agatha), the Alice wonderland pins and princess box set. The details on the pins are great.

I have not signed up for an account yet. Still a little confused what signing up does and why unlocking a pin is very important. I have seen online people talking about unlocking pins in the app and stressing about it. Not sure why

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like them okay. I like that they're big, but they all start to have a sameness after a while, and they're sort of limited (in the sense that I don't think they'll ever get overly creative with them). That said, for some characters, they work really well!

I have the first Princess set, the Care Bears (retro), and a few others, but for the most part, I've been passing on them. It's another rabbit hole I don't need to fall down! I've decided to treat them like how I deal with Pops- I love them for things that don't get merch, usually (like my Hannibal Pops), or for any that REALLY catch my eye, but ignore them otherwise.

I have liked the FiGPiN. I have a couple Star Wars Ashoka pins, wandavision (waiting/hoping for Agatha), the Alice wonderland pins and princess box set. The details on the pins are great.

I have not signed up for an account yet. Still a little confused what signing up does and why unlocking a pin is very important. I have seen online people talking about unlocking pins in the app and stressing about it. Not sure why

I agree. I have gotten FigPins for my favorite characters or for any interesting pin that we have seen. But I haven't seen anything that compels me to sign up for an account and use their app. Unless they provide a pin that is exclusive to the app that fits into anything I collect, I don't see myself setting up the app.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I enjoy them for the size and detail, but only get ones that fit into my collections so I don't have too many (I think actually just Daisy, Toy Story alien as Anger, and Hawkeye...).

I really like their Vintage Minnie. Both the one in color and the black in white. But as usual there is no way to buy them here.

Probably would have if there were for sale in EU.

I’ve got the jumbo Goose, regular Goose, and Sisu so far! I do agree, I like their size, and detail, and overall quality, but do think some of the poses are same-y. That said, no hesitation when they release a pin that’ll fit my collections! Hoping we get some Loki ones soon!
Actually I do want to find Yelena Belova from Black Widow, missed getting her on Box Lunch when I had some Lunch Money.

We feel that FigPin has done a great job at embracing a super wide variety of fandoms. I would love to see more NBC characters (some of the really random characters) and movies/shows that are super unique and out there but don't really have a ton of merch (like Gravity Falls! - OH PLEASE, OH PLEASE, OH PLEASE!!!!!) I'm really hoping that Luca has pins made.. they could have the glitter elements for water droplets on their skins! Maybe for the anniversary of WDW they will make some awesome surprises with different elements!

Are figpins screen printed? I don’t think I’ve ever seen on irl.. I assumed they were super detailed cuz of the print

Back