• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

First timer to Disney world and getting bit by the pin bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
First timer to Disney world and getting bit by the pin bug

Sanuraleopard

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello there everyone!

I'm Sanura and I'm from Michigan. I run my own business as a costumer and am currently engaged. We are planning on going to Disney world for our honeymoon and it will be my first time. My fiance's family use to take tons of trips down there when he was younger and he recently showed me the pins that he had collected with his family.

You can imagine that got my brain going and I've already been bitten by the pin bug. I've been looking around to find some grab bags (besides from the Disney Store) to start my collection for trading. I started with the usual suspects of Ebay and Etsy. I stopped my itchy trigger finger from buying up those 100 packs for $40 and it's a good thing I did. From reading posts about Fakes/counterfeits/ scrappers and the like I'm looking for reputable pin sellers and it led me here!

I'm excited to delve deeper into this pin collecting and am hoping I can get alot of fun pins to trade for our trip this September as well as expand my knowledge of the pins by chatting with people here!

Welcome Sanura! how cool to spend your honeymoon at WDW! I sell 10 pin grab bags on card for $40 shipped and not on card (pins for lanyard trading) 10 for $25 shipped. PM me if you are interested in any.

Welcome to DPF and may I suggest fall or winter for WDW? Believe me, it's much cooler and less centra Florida hot at those times. ;)

who do you dig from Disney? Popular characters are paradoxically easy and hard to collect. Lots of choices, lots of releases, but even more older and sometimes amazing pins that are hard to find or expensive to square. Oddball characters can be hard to find but incredibly satisfying to collect.

wise words from a first timer! i was a bit naive when i first started, i had absolutely no idea about fake pins and scrappers and all. i made the mistake of purchasing multiple fake pins, so you've definitely done well avoiding that itchy trigger finger. always read their reviews and see if theyre listed on any sites as selling bad pins.

Welcome Sanura! how cool to spend your honeymoon at WDW! I sell 10 pin grab bags on card for $40 shipped and not on card (pins for lanyard trading) 10 for $25 shipped. PM me if you are interested in any.

I was just about to point her to your thread haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OH gosh. Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I'll be checking out those grab bags for sure! My fiance surprised me with a grab bag he bought. We are pretty sure they are all authentic pieces too (we compared them to pin pics and other websites), which was a bonus!

As far as collecting goes, I suppose I'm looking at getting Stitch, Haunted Mansion, Princesses, and of course cats. :D

I'm going in with the idea of collecting what I like and maybe not focusing so much on making complete sets; at least not to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back