• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Food and Wine Mystery Box pin quality

Food and Wine Mystery Box pin quality

DiamondDollJeanette

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone else finding the quality of this pin set seriously poor especially for Limited Edition pins.
This is Stitch and Jiminy:
137afff77528afb7fcc7b09bb8b7552259e5c6ca.jpg

As you can see Stitch's waffling doesn't even reach to the edge, but Jiminy's is way worse.
227ba09e62d7f1e970ef596d0ddc8792b9c5446a.jpg

That's enamel paint that had been smeared on it and it goes right into the wording. I've never seen this before and I'm super frustrated since this wasn't cheap at all.
Does anyone else's look like this?

Weirdly, last year's F&W Mystery pins were also very poor quality. I'm not sure if a different factory makes them or what, but it does seem randomly common for this festival. :/
It might be that. Pandora will release stamped charms for special events and festivals, that are all made at a separate factory and on the quick, to my understanding. Their actual charm designs (the sculpted ones) take at least a year of development. So this could very well be similar.

I noticed they're poor quality as well. Someone almost let me trade them for a Donald with a smudge of blue between his eyes on FB. Mentioned it at the last second, after negotiating and such.

Back