• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Found 2 Countdown to the Millennium pins at an antique shop today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found 2 Countdown to the Millennium pins at an antique shop today!

kitkatvintage

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I had a lucky find in an antique & collectibles shop today! :) At a booth that has all sorts if toys (vintage & recent), I found a box of Disney pins in a showcase. I asked someone to open the case, thinking I might find something worth buying as traders. To my surprise, I actually found something on my want list: Countdown to the Millennium Oliver & Company! It's one of the few pins with Rita, one of my favorite background dog characters. :wiggle: I also found a Countdown to the Millennium Rescuers pin. :) There were a bunch of pins there, but nothing that caught my eye as great for trading... nothing on the original card & nothing at a "bargain price", lol. Still I was pretty excited & quite surprised to add 2 pins to my little collection today.

theres a vintage toy shop where you can find lots of Disney at, each booth rented by a different person, i'd say 85% of what everyone is selling is Disney, there is one booth that has a tray, or should I say had! a tray of Disney pins I pretty much wiped him out, but it's like you said no "deals" they were about 4.00ea and nothing spectacular only 1 great find that actually had a good wants vs trading http://gallery.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=39797&sid=1782.1364734577.v2 I found the beautiful stained glass OE rack Snow white pin too that I kept, but the rest I used as lanyard trading, he says he plans to refill, especially since he knows im searching, but so far nada.

then across the street and down a bit is a thrift store that has a basket of pins but the person who is in charge of the jewlry case refuses to put the Disney pins in with the other pins, she keeps them in put away till she has a lanyard and enough to fill it then puts in on the wall behind the register and sells them it for 12.99 sounds like a great deal but I always seem to miss it, someone always beats me to it :( so I got tired of driving there all time and finding nothing. But one day! I will find it, I only go check every couple of months now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back