• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Free Art of Disney Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free Art of Disney Game!

Purplemandms

Like the candy!
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Hello all! :wavey:

So due to a very difficult set of courses I'm enrolled in this semester, I unfortunately have not had a lot of time to do trading or be on the forum in general, which brings me quite a bit of Sadness.

tumblr_nqjef9mPVq1qf9ni3o4_250.gif

So I thought, why not try to combat that and bring a bit of Joy to the forum!

giphy.gif

Or well, more specifically, Bing Bong!

So although I don't have my pins with me (and I hope this is allowed, if it isn't please let me know!) I ended up having a lot of clay left over from a crafting project, and so I'm stuck with quite a few of these guys:

tumblr_nwhu91vJDG1rdh3wyo1_1280.jpg

So I'd like to give away at least one away to members of the forum! So without further delay, here are the rules!

1) Post a picture of your favorite piece of Disney concept, post-preduction*, or fan art (You can include your own art too!)
2) Please include the artist, especially for fan art
3) If it is fan art, please make sure that the artist is okay with the image being shared across social media platforms, and include links/sources to their pages/shops/blogs
4) If you want, add any cute details about the painting you find (like the medium, any backstory to it, or simply why you like it!)

And that's it! Entries will close at 11:59PM on October 31st, 2015 :halloween: (EST, WDW time), and this game is open to ALL DPF members!

Only one post per member, and winners will be chosen via a random number generator and will be contacted via PM.
(I am not sure how many members will win at this point, it honestly depends on how much I can save until then for shipping purposes.)

If you have any questions, please let me know, and best of luck to all entering!

*I define post-preduction art as art that have been commissioned/endorsed by the Disney Company, such as Thomas Kinkade

Also, if you also like art, you might want to check out the Disney Fine-Art Museum and the Art-It-Forward Gallery threads!

Awesome Bing Bong flower pin! I would have entered sooner if I saw this thread sooner. :3

1. One of my favorite types of concept art is model sheets; my favorite of which would have to be the Timon sheet:
the_lion_king_model_sheet_timon.jpg

2. I'm not sure of the exact artist. It's the official Disney model sheet, though.
3. It's official Disney, but I did get the above photo from this blog entry: http://blogs.disney.com/insider/2014/06/19/throwback-thursday-modeling-the-lion-king/
4. I love model sheets because you get to see all sorts of different expressions and angles for the characters that you don't always get to see in the final movie. I especially like the sheets that have sketched versions of characters, so you can see the process of creating the character and get an insight into the design process (like the Scar sheet below).

the_lion_king_model_sheet_scar_01.jpg

Not entering... just stopping in to say.. that is a great prize and you are very talented. Not to mention very sweet of you to do this.

2. I'm not sure of the exact artist. It's the official Disney model sheet, though.
3. It's official Disney, but I did get the above photo from this blog entry: http://blogs.disney.com/insider/2014/06/19/throwback-thursday-modeling-the-lion-king/

Thanks for attempting to find the artist and finding the info! Character sheets are awesome!

Not entering... just stopping in to say.. that is a great prize and you are very talented. Not to mention very sweet of you to do this.

Thank you so much! The forum is full of sweet people, so I'd just want to try to keep the kindness going. With that said, bump up!

Awesome game!

Here's one i love, it is an official model sheet from the amazing Ward Kimball (father of Cheshire cat in btw ^^)

Mickey's parodies are too funny :rofl:

Ward%20Kimball_zpsu823yutk.jpg

Well, I'm sorry that this game did not interest the members of DPF as much as I thought it would! That being said, I'll certainly take hints for next time, and both of those who entered will be getting packages from me very soon! Thanks for sharing your favorite pieces. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back