• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Completed Game: Free Game: Thankful for Pin Trading

Completed Game: Free Game: Thankful for Pin Trading

slbrabham

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I am hosting a free game for the Thanksgiving season. I know some may not celebrate Thanksgiving but still participate if you want. I wanted to spread the sentiment of being thankful. Pin trading and Disney fandom in general are fun experiences that bring joy to many. I am thankful for the generous spirit of this forum and being able to share this experience with my sister.

Rules
1.) The game runs from the time of this post to Friday midnight WDW time (11pm central time on November 25th).
2.) To enter the game, post below something about Disney pin trading or someone in Disney pin trading that makes you thankful.
3.) I will put all entries in numerical order as they appear.
4.) I (or an admin if they need to run it) will run a randomizer with all entries and the first 10 spots in the randomizer list will pick their choice of prize.
5.) I will mail the prize to each winner at my expense if they send me their address.

Prizes
379ca266d28ee943d641cee42f4ead3a.jpg

f7a94824fff9b9c7b225b59f48741e60.jpg

630038196e9815159f8a724994f98701.jpg

3eb67d80cfdc257b291bb5a66fc56c11.jpg

786087b6952a38e404ad311de394150b.jpg
c33ab3e562fff5e0b3649c5abdda0ee5.jpg

88a0b90f921f1cf650cbbdd5fdc6c406.jpg

1a55164929f10b400251943e231959f9.jpg

a251f65fb9bba0bf37eafaaca6451196.jpg

1007fc34d1b9b525b51bffa73b9b5572.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pick List
1.) @dznycrzyfmly Lot 7 Mine train Dwarves packages Waiting to send tomorrow
2.) @noone Lot 1 Carl waiting on address
3.) @Sithathoriunet Lot 8 Fab Four mix waiting to mail tomorrow - delivered
4.) @theoucharis Lot 2 Tangled anniversary waiting on address
5.) @maiarebecca Lot 3 Loungefly mystery waiting to mail tomorrow
6.) @CanaDaLE Lot 6 BatB mystery waiting on address
7.) @GroguFan Lot 6 Alice waiting on address
8.) @Pinfun Lot 7 Snow waiting to mail tomorrow
9.) @teddy_ruxpin Lot 10 Cute Animals sending this week
10.) @Snoffsan lot 9 Pinocchio lot waiting on address

Last edited:
Yayyyy what a kind and fun game @slbrabham

I think the DPF community is what makes Disney pin trading so special to me. I’m an introvert by nature but this hobby allows me to surround myself with kind and funny Disney-adults like myself who have similar interests and hobbies. Getting to chat about pins with friends on here got me through the pandemic when I was at one of the lowest points in my life and I’m extremely grateful to everyone who makes this place such a special home for us all!

Extra special shoutouts to @GroguFan, @stratasfan, @Addicted to Alice Pins, and @Snoffsan for always checking in on me when I go missing. Lol it’s been a year that’s forsure!

Gosh, this is such a Wonderful Game to run in Thankfulness for All who are members here.

The Friendships made, and the Love and generosity spread through our mutual love of Shiny Pieces of Disney Magic.

I have made some Wonderful Friendships because of the Love for Disney and Pins.

Thank you @slbrabham for doing this.

And, Thank you to all the Members who continue to make this website the best there is! Happy Thanksgiving!

Very generous game. I am extremely grateful for a lot of the wonderful people we have gotten to know over the past year (almost 2) within the Disney Pin YouTube community. There are just so many kind and wonderful people out there that have either zapped us with packages, helped with pin pick ups or have simply shared a few laughs in a time when it was needed the most. Through these friendships we have shared a ton of pin info, traded for some amazing pins, and have created fond memories with folks who will be our lifelong pin family; for those friendships we will be eternally grateful.

Truly thankful for all the wonderful, friendly, kindhearted people I’ve met through this hobby.

When I started trading, I had severe social anxiety and depression and talking to anyone, or going anywhere with people, really freaked me out.

I can’t say my problems are entirely gone, but my life is much better, thanks to the magic of pin trading. (Years of therapy and prescription medication paid a small role, as well.) ;)

There was a time when I was still relatively new to DPF, and my brother had just died of an overdose. Within a few days of receiving that traumatic news, I was surprised with a big box of gifts and cards from my “pin pals,” one of the first RAK attacks.

I cannot express enough gratitude for that box. At the risk of sounding like a total drama queen, I’m not sure if I would have survived that time without the surprise outpouring of love and support shown to me by this community.

Tagging just a few of the extra special people who helped to bring me out of my shell over the years: @docfish2u @timeerkat @MerlinEmrys @pretty_Omi @Purplemandms @Addicted to Alice Pins @Ksnuggles @teddy_ruxpin

Last edited:
I am hosting a free game for the Thanksgiving season. I know some may not celebrate Thanksgiving but still participate if you want. I wanted to spread the sentiment of being thankful. Pin trading and Disney fandom in general are fun experiences that bring joy to many. I am thankful for the generous spirit of this forum and being able to share this experience with my sister.

Rules
1.) The game runs from the time of this post to Friday midnight WDW time (11pm central time on November 25th).
2.) To enter the game, post below something about Disney pin trading or someone in Disney pin trading that makes you thankful.
3.) I will put all entries in numerical order as they appear.
4.) I (or an admin if they need to run it) will run a randomizer with all entries and the first 10 spots in the randomizer list will pick their choice of prize.
5.) I will mail the prize to each winner at my expense if they send me their address.

Prizes

Free games do not need an admin to run the randomizer unless you want it. Just FYI

Such a beautiful post and you are quite amazing for doing this game.

It does not say anything about international players and I feel bad for you if you would have to pay shipping for anything to me. But I also see a pin there that I need so I will participate if its ok, and offer to pay shipping if I would win.

Im so grateful for this place. It started out so small. I had been with my kids to Disneyworld for the first time and they were gifted some pins from some nice ladies. We learned about pin trading and when I got home I did what almost all new pin traders do. I got scammed with a batch of scrappers from ebay. I started looking around because I wanted to learn more and I found this little piece of heaven. That was about 10 years ago now. I have made friends for life in here. And I really mean that. I have traveled to several places to meet up with friends from here. I have even had a few members visiting me in Sweden. I have even attended one of your weddings and had my daughters be flower girls.

There is just no words to describe how much this place have impacted my life. I am forever grateful for this place!

Happy Thanksgiving. I’m super excited to be state side to experience my first US thanksgiving.

I’m very thankful for my pin trading friends, it’s truly an amazing community. There are so many wonderful DPF members that have made a big difference to the community through they’re generosity, time and knowledge - I won’t name them just in case I forget someone (which I inevitably will).

Everyone here at the forum is amazing and truly the best of what this hobby can be!

But to offer a specific, I very much appreciate the generous pick-up offers of those who reside near parks and other pin release hot spots to help those of us in the hinterlands. Most recently there has been @timeerkat with a PTD weekend extravaganza and @Connies_Hobby always at DLR, but there are many others.

Such a beautiful post and you are quite amazing for doing this game.

It does not say anything about international players and I feel bad for you if you would have to pay shipping for anything to me. But I also see a pin there that I need so I will participate if its ok, and offer to pay shipping if I would win.

Im so grateful for this place. It started out so small. I had been with my kids to Disneyworld for the first time and they were gifted some pins from some nice ladies. We learned about pin trading and when I got home I did what almost all new pin traders do. I got scammed with a batch of scrappers from ebay. I started looking around because I wanted to learn more and I found this little piece of heaven. That was about 10 years ago now. I have made friends for life in here. And I really mean that. I have traveled to several places to meet up with friends from here. I have even had a few members visiting me in Sweden. I have even attended one of your weddings and had my daughters be flower girls.

There is just no words to describe how much this place have impacted my life. I am forever grateful for this place!
I’m ok sending international. It just may be one international package sent a week (winky face!).

I will be happy to send international for any of our non US members.

Want to say thanks to DPF as a whole, as we've had such a fabulous pin trading experience on here, and if it weren't for DPF and PinPics, our pin trading would be very (VERY) limited! There have been so many fabulous pin friends on here I couldn't begin to name them! Doing a pin trade or not, we feel very thankful to DPF for being here to give us happy and cheery times!

What a lovely idea! Happy Thanksgiving to everybody!!
I would have to echo Sis' thoughts above, because we are thankful for DPF all the time! Such great friends here and a cheery place that keeps us able to enjoy our pin trading hobby -- even when it's been three years since we went to a park and traded in real life.

As for members, I'm thankful for a lot of them! @Rick195275 , @mybabykelly , @momin.ator , @Ksnuggles , @krand1276 , @firechief18 , @brattyjedi , @sockgnome are just some of those who have really made bright spots in the past year!!

But I think that my special mention for the year really has to go to @theoucharis who really made a dream come true! She was kind enough to spend a large chunk of time during the family's Hawaii vacation doing shopping for me at Aulani and other places. As a result, my American Girl doll now has the complete set of Duffy and Friends plush keychains!!! I am SO thankful!!!

Back