• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Frozen Fever Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frozen Fever Dolls

keatalex

Doll Enthusiast
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like some people have managed to have some get "lost" from the factory no?

TB2wOGLbFXXXXXZXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!3117.jpg

TB2lp1HbFXXXXckXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!3117.jpg

TB25LCGbFXXXXceXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!3117.jpg

TB2U3uMbFXXXXXgXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!3117.jpg

Neither am I. Especially underwhelmed with Elsa. She hardly changed. I'll still buy them though. Can't collect em all by skipping some lol.

I think at least it'll give ideas on what the LE dolls will sorta look like, although I'm much more interested in getting an LE Kristoff and will probably skip on the other two. I'm really not impressed with Elsa's look and I don't like the mix of that shade of pink and the classic Elsa blue. I feel like white flowers would have still been summery but work with the snowy look better. I think Anna's dress is really cute, though! I like the additions of sunflowers.

Neither am I. Especially underwhelmed with Elsa. She hardly changed. I'll still buy them though. Can't collect em all by skipping some lol.

Agreed! I almost feel obliged to get them because I already have all the others. I can't believe how poorly Elsa's dress translates. It looked okay in that first leaked photo but the doll's dress coloring is just not quite right.

I hate Anna's hair, but I'm sure the final product will be nicer. I'm mean the quality on these outfits look sub par for the classic doll series.

These are clearly prototypes. Their clothes and hair seem way too incomplete. But they do give us an idea of what to expect once Frozen Fever stuff starts hitting the shelves, including the limited edition dolls. They aren't really doing much for me, but they seem like they are going to be nice for what they are.

Last edited:
The concept art of Elsa showed her dress to be much more green and yellow toned, if the final doll is like that then it will be alright I think

Elsa's 'ice' outfits (snow queen and this one) drive me nuts because every single one of Anna's outfits outclass them, design-wise. Anna's outfits have a more complex color scheme, more intricate details, more interesting additions to the outfit in the form of accessories and embroidery- they're all just much more visually appealing overall and it really shows whenever I see an Anna doll next to an icy Elsa doll. This particular outfit on Elsa is, I guess, more intricate than the original snow queen outfit, but because there's been so little change it's almost a little silly. It looks like she stuck some flowers on her dress and took off the sleeves and that's it. I can't say I'm disappointed because this is pretty much what I've been expecting, but when the dolls are a pair of sisters and one looks so underdone compared to the other, it grates on me a bit.

Elsa's 'ice' outfits (snow queen and this one) drive me nuts because every single one of Anna's outfits outclass them, design-wise. Anna's outfits have a more complex color scheme, more intricate details, more interesting additions to the outfit in the form of accessories and embroidery- they're all just much more visually appealing overall and it really shows whenever I see an Anna doll next to an icy Elsa doll. This particular outfit on Elsa is, I guess, more intricate than the original snow queen outfit, but because there's been so little change it's almost a little silly. It looks like she stuck some flowers on her dress and took off the sleeves and that's it. I can't say I'm disappointed because this is pretty much what I've been expecting, but when the dolls are a pair of sisters and one looks so underdone compared to the other, it grates on me a bit.

Unfortunately, your statement is all too true; the best Elsa outfit in terms of detail is (in my opinion) her coronation gown, because at least that dress has a lot of visual detail in the bodice, skirt, and cape. While the snow queen dress looks phenomenal on screen, I don't think Disney's found an appealing way to translate the design to merchandise; it's not that the dress doesn't have detail, but looks cheaply made whether it's a DS classic doll or even the LE 2500 version. The Harrods Elsa is the only snow queen dress I've seen that's even remotely as beautiful and detailed as Anna's dresses (and we all know how many people can afford her nowadays). :(

But that said, I don't really like the Frozen Fever design for Anna either; the pattern is interesting and it's still a lot better than Elsa's, but it's still almost exactly like her coronation dress except for slightly different colors and sunflowers instead of all rosemaling (and I DESPISE the way they cheaply stuck on her hair). Ugh, I really hope these are just prototypes and Disney improves the look of both dolls before the short comes out. Anna and Elsa are both so much more beautiful than these suggest.

Sooooo Elsa traded her ice power for flower power? Disney could've done so much more for these designs but they're clearly too afraid to mess with their cash cow. I'm happy for all those who like them though. Plus those who missed out on the first LE release will have a substitute basically.

Sooooo Elsa traded her ice power for flower power? Disney could've done so much more for these designs but they're clearly too afraid to mess with their cash cow. I'm happy for all those who like them though. Plus those who missed out on the first LE release will have a substitute basically.

She traded it for tropical magic, to fulfil Annas wish! :D Cover the fjords in white sand and so on. :)
I like them but I guess it's because I dont have any of the earlyer dolls and probably won't get these, either. I don't really like Annas painted legs.
But at least Elsa seeems to have icy shoes. I wonder if the finished doll will have greenish flats, ice shoes ore a greenish version of the ice shoes?

I think they are re dressed and not official,
they kinda look like coronation pack Anna and skating set Elsa, look at the Elsa's shoes :)
what ever I think the upcomingn doll will look kinda like this ones ^^

I'm with you!
Firts when I saw the new frozen fever images of Anna, Elsa and Kristoff I could appreciated that Elsa's flowers are made with ice, I mean like the snow globes but in flowers form,
But in the doll looks like she change her powers xD

Oh my goodness, you said EXACTLY what I was thinking (traded her ice powers for flower power). I don't get it, but I guess I will have to wait and see the short film when I go see Cinderella in Theaters. I like Anna's dress, but I do wish it was also different.

Guys don't forget, these are dolls for a SHORT FILM. Not a sequel! I'm sure Disney didn't want to go all out for a brand new wardrobe when they're just going to have a new one for the sequel years later. I agree these are underwhelming but I also think our expectations for a 10-15 minute short are high.

I hope the final version turns out more green like the drawings does
tumblr_ngoxmyGr3X1r94mgyo3_500.jpg

Why does Kristoff still only own one outfit? He's courting royalty

I always figured Kristoff was wearing the same outfit since he's still in the ice business and that's what he wears when he gets his ice? I dunno :p

Sooooo Elsa traded her ice power for flower power?

You have no idea how much this made me laugh- I just snorted pop all over the place

I am actually really liking these new dresses. Aside from the fact that I getting tired of seeing them in their movie outfits over and over again, I am just in love with these floral patterns. I love the detailing, and the colors, and think they look amazing, so much so, I'd be okay with them as a final product. Now I'm even more excited for the LE dolls, seeing these dresses with even more details. :p

It also seems Elsa might finally get her detailed shoes, rather then plain flats. :x:

Last edited:
The more I look at these designs, the more they grow on me. I hate how similar they are to the costumes in the original film, as they appear to be mere "Spring/Summer versions" of their movie dresses. But I love the amount of detail they did try to put into the dresses, and they aren't bad designs by themselves. Anna's is definitely the better of the two (still am mixed on her hair though). I was just expecting something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back