• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

GenEARation D Event Questions answered by Disney

Status
Not open for further replies.
GenEARation D Event Questions answered by Disney

TiggerSue

Want TIGGER PINS!!! on PinPics - FLTiggerSue
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I sent an email to Disney Event Services. Below are my 3 questions & Disney Event Team answers.

Registration is now less than a month away and I am sure I am not the only person with these questions:

1. "To ensure that all attendees have equal access to the trading boards, we will provide each GenEARation D Trading Event attendee with vouchers to use for the trading board experience. Guests will have the opportunity to trade at the boards a designated number of times during the two-day event."

QUESTION - If I go to the Trade Board and there is nothing I want to trade for, can I retain the Voucher and get in line again? Also, how many vouchers will be provided?

“At the moment we do not have a definite amount of vouchers we have decided to give out, however the amount will be decided and announced before the event date. The way the vouchers work is that you may use one to stand in line to view the boards, however, once you have used it you cannot re-use it to re-enter the line. The vouchers you use to enter the Trading Board lines will be collected before you have the opportunity to see the board.â€

2. "Because of space limitations, each attendee may bring one trading bag up to 24†x 15†x 18†(61cm x 38cm x 46cm) in size."

QUESTION - What about also a shoulder bag or backpack in addition to a rolling bag??

“For your second question about the bags and what kind of bags we will be allow into the event. We are allowing only one trading bag that meets the requirements you quoted in your previous email. We will allow guest to bring in one personal item, such as a handbag, but to keep things fair we will be checking the bags as they enter the event to make sure they are being used for personal use only.â€

3. "To make sure that all attendees receive the event-exclusive pins previously found on event trading boards, each participant will receive a commemorative gift pin set created specifically for the event. These will be distributed upon check-in/registration at the event."

QUESTION - Is the "gift pin set" in addition to the traditional Welcome and Parting pin gifts or instead of (thereby reducing the number of pins we get with Registration)?

“For your last question about the pins that are being given out at the event. This pack of pins will be used instead of the individual pins that we have had in the past.â€

Just an FYI for those going to the Event.

Last edited:
So you have maybe 5 chances to *wait in line* and then whether you trade for anything or not, you're done trading on the boards for the rest of the two day event.

You get your personal bag searched to make sure you're not sneaking extra pins in that you might want to trade with.

And instead of a registration pin and a parting gift set or jumbo, you get a pack of pins that in previous years you could have traded for on the boards during the event.

:facepalm:

I'm fine with all but the board/gift pins that's the only ehhh part to me..

as as for the must trade from the board.. If the boards are as good as usual I think that's a great rule so everyone isn't wasting dozens of trips to just say no thanks.. If they are like the last dlr event where the Ap/pp stuff didn't arrive so it was filled with old crap.. Then I'll argue..

I like the the handbag option.. We usually bring snacks n drinks so glad we don't have to squeeze it in our trade bags.. Remember the 'trade bag' is a good carry on size so not just one zippered bag.. We travel with 3 large bags n a binder and they all easily fit in our 'bag'..

To Jabberwocky's points, now you are getting the "'Board Pins" as the "gifts?? Plus if you are limited to say 5 vouchers what do you do for the rest of the Event for 2 days?? I'm not a big stand in line person but even I was in line more than 5 times over the past two Events. Seems that there is going to be a lot of "downtime".

Plus I still am not clear on question #3 answer from Disney. Are they REPLACING the Gift et al with the Board pin distribution??

BUT this being said lets see what they do come up with.

Mike S.
Figment919

Last edited:
As to the number of Vouchers: “At the moment we do not have a definite amount of vouchers we have decided to give out, however the amount will be decided and announced before the event date."

As to the "Board Exclusive" pins instead of traditional Welcome & Parting Gift Pins:
“For your last question about the pins that are being given out at the event. This pack of pins will be used instead of the individual pins that we have had in the past.”

However, as with anything at Disney, we'll have to wait until the "Official Announcements" for the Event are posted. This was just an FYI as to my email to Event Services. TTFN
:tigger:

Thanks for the adding what details you could TiggerSue. I'm also waiting for more information, as I have a hotel room booked, but no flight seats as DH wants more details before he is in.

Catalogs are always posted a day or two if that before registration opens so that's nothing new...

wow, that's cutting it close. I've attended all events since 2001, but didn't realize how tardy they had gotten with catalogue release :-( Sigh...

Where is the catalog listed, same place? I've kept the tab open for the Event page for a while and keep refreshing it, but let me know if that's a waste of time, lol! I have the registration on my calendar alerts, really want to go this year!!

Melanie

Well, no big surprise, Disney stated last night at the WDW Trading Night that no information or catalog would be released until the day of Registration (4/22)!!!!!

Wanna bet the site "crashes" with all the people trying to see the Catalog or the new Event Rules at once??? Good Luck on Wednesday!! TTFN, :tigger: Sue

I'm pretty sure that as long as you don't want to register for any extra events (breakfast), that you'll be able to get a ticket after you view the catalog :)

this is absurd. I actually called WDW Event services Mon, and they don't know when we can start registering TOMORROW.
In all my years of attending events, this is the worst for lateness :-(

While we wait in anticipation, can someone describe for me what this event is like? I'd really like to go this year, but want to make sure I understand what exactly I'm going to. Is it mostly trading with other traders, like at tables? What are on the trading boards? Are they new pins that Disney puts out for the event or existing pins, or whatever the last person traded with the board? Is there a lot for sale as well?

Thanks!
Melanie

While we wait in anticipation, can someone describe for me what this event is like? I'd really like to go this year, but want to make sure I understand what exactly I'm going to. Is it mostly trading with other traders, like at tables? What are on the trading boards? Are they new pins that Disney puts out for the event or existing pins, or whatever the last person traded with the board? Is there a lot for sale as well?

Thanks!
Melanie

Trading with other guests at the tables.

Trading boards = you can usually get APs of various pins, WDW, DSF, DLR, etc. One time, two years ago (?), there were APs of the reveal/conceal princesses that were released only at DLR!

There are auctions (silent) and if there are any pins leftover after the RSP (Random Selection Process), you can go to their store to buy them.

Trading with other guests at the tables.

Trading boards = you can usually get APs of various pins, WDW, DSF, DLR, etc. One time, two years ago (?), there were APs of the reveal/conceal princesses that were released only at DLR!

There are auctions (silent) and if there are any pins leftover after the RSP (Random Selection Process), you can go to their store to buy them.

Ahh, thank you! Sounds great!

Okay it's finally up!

As Disney fans, we all can remember the first time we were introduced to Disney – and what made us connect to the magic – whether through movies, stories, music, television, theme parks or beyond. GenEARation D is a chance to pay homage to the key moments in Disney history that made an impact on the lives of Disney fans, both young and young at heart.
EVENT PACKAGES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
GenEARation D – Pin Trading Showcase Package
World ShowPlace, Epcot®
Friday, September 11, 2015
10 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, September 12, 2015
9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

• Trading Board Games (minimum of four (4) trading vouchers per day)
  • Guests will be Randomly Selected to participate in Interactive Games with prizes hosted by Entertainment (throughout the event)
  • Auction Opportunity (includes pre-production pins, artist proof pins and more)
  • Meet Disney Pin Merchandisers
  • Artist Signings with Disney Design Group Artists
  • One (1) $30 Gift Card

Other event offerings include:

• Opportunity to pre-purchase select themed GenEARation D merchandise via the Random Selection Process
  • Limited Edition Commemorative Gifts
    • Welcome Pin
    • Six (6) Pin Gift Set, previously found on the trading boards
    • Exit Pin

Ticket Sales and Event Registration begin on April 22, 2015 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern.Event admission does not include Theme Park admission to Epcot® but is required to attend. Package limited to availability. No discounts will be offered in conjunction with this package.

[h=1]
registerbutton.png
[/h]
Friday, September 11, 2015
8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Breakfast admission is $45 per Guest and includes the following:

• Breakfast Buffet and Beverage
  • Special Trading Time inside the GenEARation D venue from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. (A minimum of two (2) trading vouchers per Guest)
  • Limited Edition Pin (available to breakfast attendees only)
In order to register for the Pin Breakfast, Guests must also be registered for the GenEARation D Pin Trading Showcase. Package limited to availability. No discounts will be offered in conjunction with this package.
Ticket Sales and Event Registration begin on April 22, 2015 at 2p.m. Eastern. Guests may register for the Pin Breakfast Package online while purchasing the Pin Trading Showcase event ticket. Event admission does not include Theme Park admission to Epcot® but is required to attend. Package limited to availability. No discounts will be offered in conjunction with this package.

A little concerned with the minimum of 2 vouchers at breakfast. Last time I went to a breakfast, I got there early and got to a trading board twice in the first 15 minutes. I thought the point of the breakfast part was to be able to trade at the boards when there were fewer people around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back