• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

GenEARation D Latest News - REALLY??? - My email to them

Status
Not open for further replies.
GenEARation D Latest News - REALLY??? - My email to them

TiggerSue

Want TIGGER PINS!!! on PinPics - FLTiggerSue
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I'm sorry but, the excuse used in the latest update from Disney Merchandise about the Trading Board line "tabs" just ticked me off. :facepalm: This is what I sent:

Dear Merchandise/Events people, HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!

"● In an effort to more closely align the Florida Pin Trading with our California partners, we have moved to a tabbed activity experience. Each Guest’s credential has four trading tabs for Friday and four trading tabs for Saturday."

HOW can you POSSIBLY justify comparing the Annual Epcot Pin Celebration to any 1 day event held at DLR in order to scale back, yet again, what we get for our money??

WDW - Annual Event held in World Showplace since 2003 (started out at $50) | 1000+ people (used to be more) | 2 days (used to be 3) (now 17 hours) to Pin Trade

DLR - have an Event when they can think of a theme - in a Ballroom | 500 or less people | 1 day (usually 6 hours) to Pin Trade

HOW ARE THEY THE "SAME"?? Instead of punishing us to make the "1 World - 1 Park" theme pertain to Pin Events, why don't you expand the Events on the West Coast??

OR, if you really want to stop the Epcot Annual Event, go back to several 500 person Events a year (Love is Magical, Expedition Pins, Route 498, Spectacle of Pins, to name a few). THEN, we would be "more closely aligned" with California.

Personally, I would like to see both an Annual Event to bring us ALL together and smaller Events each year at WDW to match the frequency of the Events in Calif. by DLR, Hollywood Studio Store and WDI.

Just an opinion - don't expect an answer. Sincerely feeling the continuing disappointment, Sue

What do you think???

Last edited:
I agree with you. Only four chances to trade each day! What are most people going to do all day? How are you going to decide on a line? This is not what most people come to the event for. Yes, DLR events are usually one day, and much shorter in duration, so the tabs make sense, but not at WDW.

And please, Florida, don't blame this on California. Because (personally speaking) I can't stand the way they've run events out here the past few years. Which is why I stopped going when they pulled that limited trading nonsense. It's an epic failure here and it will be an epic failure at what's left of the Florida events.

That said, I maintain this is all an excuse to stop holding the events entirely. They'll get so many complaints on this one that they'll say "sorry, we can't make you happy, so no more events at all". Which stinks. But that looks like how it's going...

The way I see it, it's 16 pins I'm going to be trading for. Lay year, I got 24. That's 8 less pins, which is an okay trade-off. What they really need is more boards, because I remember them having so many and I traded off those easily back in 2005.

The lines were deplorable last year and so were the refresh times (at 35 minutes and 1:05). If they can get their act together, and refresh every 30 minutes, they may be able to get away with that, providing there are quality pins on the boards for everyone.

I did not get a ton of quality pins last year on the boards, most were AP but they were OE and I got four LE and one PP.

UNLESS, the tabs need to be broken off your Event ID by the Cast Member. Then, only you can use them (no trading).

Anyone asking Event Services??

Tigger, I love you, but just FYI...If I was the cast member, I would ignore that e-mail. Anyone who flies at me with multiple exclamation points and a "How dare you" right off the bat is already coming off as irrational. As someone who works in retail, I always appreciate calm and polite feedback far more than "fly off the handle" type criticism.

I honestly agree with your point about California events being crap, and how wonderful at return to additional one-day events would be. In fact, I'm not even sure I understand how having a tab system is making anything "like California" as stated in their e-mail (???), but I'm a little baffled as to people losing their damn minds over all of this.

I mean, years and years of cutting the event back to nothing is fine with you guys, but THIS ticks you off? You'd think you were all from the UK the way you're fighting for your right to queue. :lol:

Tigger, I love you, but just FYI...If I was the cast member, I would ignore that e-mail. Anyone who flies at me with multiple exclamation points and a "How dare you" right off the bat is already coming off as irrational. As someone who works in retail, I always appreciate calm and polite feedback far more than "fly off the handle" type criticism.

I honestly agree with your point about California events being crap, and how wonderful at return to additional one-day events would be. In fact, I'm not even sure I understand how having a tab system is making anything "like California" as stated in their e-mail (???), but I'm a little baffled as to people losing their damn minds over all of this.

I mean, years and years of cutting the event back to nothing is fine with you guys, but THIS ticks you off? You'd think you were all from the UK the way you're fighting for your right to queue. :lol:

Hey Abyssinian, to be honest with you, I'm not expecting ANY kind of answer back from Disney. At this point, what CAN they say or do? And, the 4 vouchers/Tabs per day is fine with me, especially if the lines are shorter and faster.

It was more a case of - after ALL the changes and cut-backs and Price hikes over the past 5 years or so - I felt like the guy in the movie who said "I'm MAD as He-- and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!!" and I had to finally vent.

Like you have said, "the Event is what YOU make of it" and I plan on having a Tiggerific Time!! :tigger:

P.S. - the DLR Events have had coupons for a turn at the Trade Boards for the past few Events - that is the Calif. way :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back