Gotta jump at the chance...

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by Joseph Hunt, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Joseph Hunt

Joseph Hunt Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Are these Skyliner mystery packs off the shelves in Disney for good now?[​IMG] ?

2. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    122   0   0

Since they are limited release... The trend of the past year or so is once limited release mystery boxes sell out, they are not restocked by Disney.

Things could always change, since they are limited release, but seems unlikely. Definitely a few of the mystery pins from last year-ish I wish Disney had restocked.

3. Joseph Hunt

Joseph Hunt Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I'm just lost over the Mickey and Minnie car, lol... and judging by the ebay listings on it (or lack there of), Disney either produced four of them or everybody's holding onto theirs! Such a terrible release to have missed out on

4. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I agree with @TheMickeyMouseRules in the wish that Disney had restocked a few of the recent LR mystery pins from last year-ish. As I type this, I'm thinking of a specific set that was released last year. I needed one pin from the set for my collection and not only did I miss out on getting that pin, I missed buying any of them so I couldn't even attempt to trade straight across for it. I kept hoping the pins would be re-released, but that didn't happen and it doesn't look like it's going to ... *shrugs*

If it's any consolation, I've learned from my years in this hobby that patience is essential. Just because you 'missed out' on getting it right away doesn't mean you've missed out on owning it. I believe that if you're meant to own a pin, it'll find its way to you eventually, whether through a trade, sale, or zap.

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  5. Carpentrygod

Carpentrygod Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

I have four Skyliner pins available to trade, Beauty and Beast, Ghost's, Snow White & Dwarfs, and Peter Pan . Pinpics: Carpentrygod

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  6. Joseph Hunt

Joseph Hunt Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Definitely sweet availability, but, having missed the boat, the first one I'd have capture would be the Mickey and Minnie

7. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

While I understand your prioritizing the Mickey & Minnie (since it'll be for your collection), you might want to consider trying to trade for at least one of those pins from @Carpentrygod . In my experience, sometimes it's easier to trade for a pin from a set with another pin from the same set.

Ajk likes this.
  8. Joseph Hunt

Joseph Hunt Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Yes, but I don't have "enticing" pins to do that with. Plus, my desire to own the Mickey and Minnie is like ten times that of the others ;)

9. Pecosace

Pecosace Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I am interested in the ghosts and peter pan! I didn't know about this set but really like it. I will look through your pinpic wants and see if there is anything. Is there anything in general you are looking for as well?