Guys, I get to go to Aluani!

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Haunted575, May 17, 2019 at 7:14 AM.

1. Haunted575

Haunted575 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

Flying to Hawaii tomorrow and I get to stay at Aluani! I’ll try to keep it brief...my daughter and I have been WDW passholders the past couple of years. My hubby wants nothing to do with the parks so he never went with us. Of course my FB friends know I love Disney so some friends from high school noticed on FB and they are Disney vacation club so they love Disney also. Cut to last October and they convinced hubby to meet at Epcot (hubby was best man at their wedding over 30 years ago so how could he say no?) for drink around the world and yes he had fun. During that Epcot trip, the high school friends invited us to stay at Aluani in May. The day is finally here!!! So excited.

There is a pin trading group which meets once a month but I will miss it based on our itinerary. Am bringing a few traders just in case there is cast member trading.

Side note: Anyone know what time Game of Thrones comes on in Hawaii?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. MischiefMade

MischiefMade Ghost Dog Trainer

0   0   0

Congrats! Have lots of fun and take lots of pictures to show us!

Haunted575 likes this.
  3. FoolishMortal71

FoolishMortal71 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

Have fun! Hawaii is magical.

Haunted575 likes this.
  4. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    522   0   0

5. Spr175psu

Spr175psu Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0

Have fun! One of my favorite places. Have a Lilikoi-lada for me!

Haunted575 likes this.
  6. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    173   0   0

Oh, have fun! I'm jealous, I love Aulani.

If you are willing to do pickups, I'd love to get this one:

[​IMG]

As for pin trading... The best options are the DVC people. In the DVC Welcome center, they usually have 2 people with lanyards and a small pin board. Also, there is a spot in the lobby where you can find a DVC person with a lanyard during busier parts of the day, and another one in the pool area. The DVC people do a better job of refreshing, and they will have both WDW and DL Hidden Mickey pins, but more DL. Which was great for me, because I could get the WDW's myself, but DL was always harder. The shops, including the one in the pool area, also have pin books, but it is usually the same mess of fakes you see at WDW.

As for the resort. It's beautiful. We are lazy river people, so we spent hours just floating along. For food, we tended to eat at the bars rather than the restaurants. Although, we did do the dinner buffet and it was very satisfying, it's just pricey. Ulu Cafe has some good options too, and I liked the coconut shrimp from the kiosk in the pool area. Across the street is a shopping area, and it's great to visit the ABC store (which is branded as Island Country Store) for cheaper macadamia nut products and other snacks and tourist needs. There is also a sit-down restaurant called Monkeypod which is tasty and not too expensive (although service has been hit or miss for us). If you have a rental car, in Kapolei there is a Target, Costco and Long's Drugs (which is the cheapest we found for all mac nut products).

Finally, sometimes there are turtles at the Paradise Cove public beach, which is located on the other side of the Four Seasons. If you leave Aulani and walk to the main road, turn left, past the Four Seasons and you will find the Paradise Cove parking lot. If you walk through the parking lot, you will find a narrow pathway, with fencing on both sides that will lead to the beach.

It's been a few years now since we visited, so I'm not sure if any of my tips have changed.

7. Haunted575

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

Googled and gonna do it in your honor!

Spr175psu likes this.
  8. Haunted575

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

Thanks for all the great info. I will look for your pin!

hopemax likes this.
  9. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Have an amazing trip and be sure to post a full trip report when you get back. I've never been to Aulani (it's on my list) and I'm dying to hear (read) all about it.

10. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    115   0   0

Yes, post pictures - would love to see it!

11. stratasfan

stratasfan Member

0   0   0

Super fun for you guys! Hope you really, really enjoy it! Sis is really getting into Aulani pins (the planning stages, anyway), as she has a very special Hawaiian doll who has her own house and pin board, and now Sarah just discovered Aulani! -grin-