Hawaiian Collection Board (Aulani, Polynesian, Dole Whip, Small World, etc.)

Discussion in 'Pin Showroom' started by bingandnelsonfan, Jul 14, 2020.

1. bingandnelsonfan

bingandnelsonfan Baby Yoda Crazy!

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Updated with new photos on 25 Aug 2020. Scroll down this page to a later reply to see the new photos.

Seeing all of the cool displays and boards that everyone has been showing off really inspired me! So, I spent the weekend doing up my Hawaiian board. The board was new, so I had to get Pop to put it up for me. There's a small area (divided by a black ribbon) for my Chip & Dale collection, but the majority of the board is the Hawaiian collection.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is sort of a multi-part collection, because it started with my most special Hawaiian American Girl doll, Nanea. Before getting her, I didn't really have an interest one way or another in Hawaii (didn't love it, didn't dislike it -- probably never thought about it more than twice a year). Well, since getting her, she's been a constant source of fun, since she's the main character on my doll blog and a great reason for making fun accessories and photographing photo stories! She's like a real personality around here and is totally spoiled as far as a doll goes. She's gone down to Disney Springs twice to pin trade herself (CMs very often LOVE to trade with an American Girl doll!), so it seemed natural to start a pin collection for her. It's now blossomed into my very favorite collection, and push-come-to-shove, I would part with all the rest (that's only in the case of the worst possible event, mind you).

It's not the biggest collection, but I printed a lot of decorations and used a map and postcard to sort of spiff it all up! The two cool Animators Moana cut-outs are actually from the side of the Animators Doll box. I think I liked the box even better than the doll!

Here are some close-ups of the different sections:
    This top corner shows Nanea in front of Pin Traders at Disney Springs, and she's surrounded by Minnie Mouse earband pins. She wears Minnie ears a LOT and loves fashion accessories in general. The empty space to the right is open in hopes of an Ariel booster pin that says "Girl Who Has Everything" (very appropriate), a Minnie Mouse pin that says "Born to Shop" (again, very appropriate) and the "Fly Me to the Disney Parks" pin!

[​IMG]

Joining the section above are the cool characters pin set. Nanea loves the beach, and they look like they're all on a Hawaiian vacation! Never knew that I liked these pins until trading for a few of them, and then had to trade for more of them. We just managed to trade for the last ones, and I have to say they are some of my favorite pins! The cool Hawaii sticker was a bonus gift with a pin from @Haunted575 with a pin from her last game!

[​IMG]

Next are the Aulani pins. Nanea's dream vacation and just a fun place to dream of and think about. I'm crazy for anything Aulani and 'Olu, and a friend from PinPics actually stopped off at Aulani during a business trip and got some of those pins for me! The really cool Aulani logo pin was a recent gift from @akarih -- what a great thing to come in the mail!

[​IMG]

The next area is decorated on top of a map from the Polynesian Resort. We visited there for a few hours in January, and it was a super place for taking fun photos! There are a couple of Moana pins (hopefully a collection that will grow in the future), some surf boards, Hula Lilo and some other little things. You can just spot the one Polynesian Resort pin on the left over the photo of Nanea at Pineapple Lanai.
    And, of course, what kind of Hawaiian Disney collection is complete without Dole Whip? Those pins are COOL! Thanks to @TheMickeyMouseRules and @Rick195275 this section is really looking good.

[​IMG]

And the bottom left is the "It's a Small World" section -- centering on the Hawaii/Polynesian Dancer pins, but pretty much including any others that we've been able to trade for, since this is my very favorite Disney ride! Thanks to the addition of the really neat Hula Minnie and Dutch Girl pins from @Haunted575 's last game (my ever-thoughtful Sis picked these with her RAK gifted spot in the game), this is looking pretty neat!

[​IMG]

And the last corner shows a really neat Wonderground Gallery Moana postcard with some Ariel pins. Nanea "dives" for pearls (purely imaginary, as AG dolls cannot get wet) and is quite partial to a beautiful mermaid who wears flowers in her hair and is often portrayed with pearls and shells!

[​IMG]

Well, I think that's a pretty full tour of this collection! It was a lot of fun decorating the board . . . and gives some incentive to get trading. :)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  2. DecemberWishes

DecemberWishes New Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

So cute!!! I love the postcards at the bottom! Thanks for sharing! :)

3. Pecosace

Pecosace Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Wow! That is a very nice board and I like to see all the subsets of collections. My favorites are definitely the polynesian theme since that is also one of my favorite resorts and the small world theme!

4. tiggeriffic

tiggeriffic DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

That's a very nicely done and unique looking collection! You've put a lot of thought into how it's displayed. Love the chipmunks too! :tigger:

5. bingandnelsonfan

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Thanks, everyone! I had SO much fun decorating it, and now it sort of inspires me to work on some more trades.
    The little postcards are some concept art for the Tokyo ride . . . the artist has a lot of art posted online, and I really wanted to work those in. The Small World art is some of my favorite Disney theme!

6. brattyjedi

brattyjedi Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

coblj003 likes this.
  7. bingandnelsonfan

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Thank you! I didn't see that . . . but I might just HAVE to get that. Olu and everyone in front of Aulani. It's hard to beat that.

brattyjedi likes this.
  8. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    102   0   0

What a fun collection! Thanks for sharing.

9. mybabykelly

mybabykelly DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    227   0   0

So cool! I love the backgrounds you’ve added to the pins, it fits the vibe so well!

10. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    75   0   0

What a fun collection and great display!:) I love how you mixed pictures/art with the pins. It’s so vibrant and colorful.

11. bingandnelsonfan

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Thanks! It was a lot of fun to do this board . . . and mixing the different maps and pictures makes it look like the theme, despite there not being a lot of pins. And the great thing is that it allows for growing room . . . as I trade or buy more pins, I can just remove some of the decorations. :)

12. bingandnelsonfan

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

brattyjedi likes this.
  13. Peterjordan

Peterjordan Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Makes me want to go to Hawaii! Really nice :)

14. bingandnelsonfan

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Thanks to some really great trades from @wonderbywonder , @theoucharis , @curiousdinah and @LittleBird , my Hawaiian pin board has new additions that are really making it amazing for me! Not only did I get to add some more Aulani pins since the first photos here, but I've got five of the ten (must have them all!) Loungefly mystery Princess Soft Serve pins. Wow! And even got a gorgeous Moana pin from DLP.
    Here are the updated pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins The Llama Lady (aka Alpaca Ann)

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0

This board/collection is a joy to look at. (I almost said "joy personified" but it's not a person, hahaha.)

bingandnelsonfan likes this.
  16. bingandnelsonfan

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Thanks! It's hanging at the bottom of my bed and is a great thing to see in the morning. :) Trading for it is lots of fun, and I'm really enjoying being able to decorate it.

17. bcol

bcol "They call me Bruce" ....and mupins

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

It looks so bright and happy! Very nice collection..

18. wonderbywonder

wonderbywonder Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

So colorful and such variety--pins, stickers, photos, postcards, maps, art; I love your growing collection! :)

19. kctreasures143

kctreasures143 New Member

0   0   0

Wow, I love your Hawaiian collection

bingandnelsonfan likes this.
  20. bingandnelsonfan

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Thanks so much, everybody! I'm really enjoying working on adding to it . . . and finally having such a large space to display it on. Thanks to an amazing addition from @coblj003 there will be another update soon.

coblj003 likes this.