Hello Disney+, Nice to Officially Meet You!

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by DisneyJ, Aug 19, 2019.

1. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jack

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

JUST ANNOUNCED: Special Disney+ Offer for D23 Expo Attendees - D23

By Beth Deitchman

The countdown is on! We’re just a few months away from the highly anticipated launch of Disney+, the ultimate streaming destination for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. Later this week at D23 Expo 2019 in Anaheim, California, attendees will get the opportunity to be the first to subscribe to Disney+ with a special “Founders Circle” offer, granting $23 off per year with a three-year commitment, averaging out to be 33 percent off the standard annual price. As an added bonus, they will receive an exclusive “Founders Circle” pin (while supplies last). The offer is open to all D23 Expo guests for a limited period during the D23 Expo (August 22–25); it will be extended online to September 2 for D23 Members.

(Don’t forget to attend the Disney+ Showcase in Hall D23 at the Anaheim Convention Center Friday, August 23, from 3:30–5 p.m. PT to learn all about the upcoming movies and shows!)

November 12 will mark the beginning of the global rollout of Disney+, with expectations to launch in most major global markets within the next two years. Disney+ will launch in Canada and the Netherlands in tandem with the U.S. on November 12, priced at $8.99 CAD per month ($89.99 per year) and €6.99 per month (€69.99 per year), respectively. Disney+ will launch in Australia and New Zealand November 19, priced at $8.99 AUD per month ($89.99 per year) and $9.99 NZD per month ($99.99 per year), respectively.

Disney+ will be made available on a variety of platforms, including Smart TVs, mobile devices, tablet devices, and more.

Purplemandms likes this.
  2. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I saw this earlier! I wonder what the pin looks like.....

3. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jack

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

This offer is live for D23 Members

4. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

All signed up! You don't have to be a gold member to get the good deal!!!

Check your emails!!!

DisneyJ likes this.
  5. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jack

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Disney+ Offer – D23

[​IMG]

Valid only from August 26, 2019 through September 2, 2019 at 11:59 PM PT.

Promotional offer available to all D23 General, Gold or Gold Family Members who have an active membership as of 11:59PM PT on September 1, 2019. Valid for US residents with US payment method only. Acceptance of this promotional offer, or use of the promotional offer code, constitutes acceptance of the following terms and conditions. This promotional offer of $46.99 per year, if accepted, entitles the bearer to a one-time discount of $69.00 off the regular price of a three-year subscription to Disney+ ($209.97). Subscription will automatically renew on an annual basis at the end of three years, at the annual subscription price (currently $69.99) unless cancelled. Taxes added to price, where applicable. Cancel anytime, subject to terms. No refunds or credits for partial months or years. Access to Disney+ will continue through the end of the current subscription term. To accept this offer, you must click on the link included in this email, create an account, accept the Subscriber Agreement, and elect to purchase a three-year subscription. Promotional offer code is one-time use only. Cannot be combined with any other offers, coupons, discounts or promotions. Cannot be applied to an existing subscription to Disney+. Not redeemable for cash or any other goods or services. This offer code cannot be sold and is not valid and will not be honored if obtained from any third party, including through Internet auction sites. No money or other consideration was given in exchange for this offer.

6. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

You can make a FREE membership now and it will activate!! It takes a little time, but be sure to create a new free membership before Sept 1st, and anyone can take advantage of this deal!

starry_solo likes this.
  7. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

If you have any Disney account - you will also get the same email and it doesn't require D23 membership!

8. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jack

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Happy Launch Day!

9. akarih

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Woohoo! I've already watched a show and Im halfway through Sleeping Beauty which I havent seen in years

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

10. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0

I've been on hold with Disney+ for a half hour, because my account is locked. Send help! I don't think I can take this roundabout music with themes from various Disney franchises much longer!

akarih likes this.
  11. chubs191

Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0

I switched over to the Parks guest services, since it's all one account. Now, I can listen to WDW music. Right now, it's sweet, sweet Epcot, but they're giving me ads, which I don't want.

Ajk and akarih like this.
  12. chubs191

Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0

Update 3: WDW unlocked my account. But I still had the same error on Disney+. It's been an hour and half on hold. All is well. The theme song is now my theme song. I am now one with the Disney+ hotline. All is well.

Ajk likes this.
  13. akarih

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

This updates are keeping me alive right now

14. chubs191

Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0

Update 4: it's technically been 3 hours, but only two on this current call. Sister called in, so I got a two minute relief from my new life in this wasteland of jovial music. Talked some sense into me about my newfound "community." She gave me a juicy lead on how to make it work... It didn't work. I've given up all hope of trying to get through. If I'm still on hold by the time I have to go into work, there's no way I'll be able stay on... Unless...

15. chubs191

Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0

Update 5: finally got through. It's rough. They have no idea what they're doing. Said they unlocked my account. Account wasn't unlocked. Then said it would take 2-4 hours for it to go through. I asked for a direct number or means of communication, other than calling the hotline again in case I have any more troubles. Said they would email me when I could have access. Calculated the chances of that actually happening and it not being a ploy to placate me at 1.45%. We shall see. The saga of no Disney+ continues.

Ajk likes this.
  16. chubs191

Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0

Update 6: The email never came, so I am back on the repetitive earworm express. Will my issue ever get resolved, I don't know. I do know I've discovered more ways to annoy them via twitter and the chat on their website. Maybe I'll try Facebook next. Walt help us all.

Ajk and akarih like this.
  17. akarih

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Sorry you've been dealing with this! I've seen a lot of people having problems with the system but luckily I haven't gotten any yet....

18. akarih

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Nope I jinxed myself, now I'm getting errors:p

19. chubs191

Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0

As long as you don't get locked out of your account you should be good.

Update 7: I've been trying to distract myself from the impeding jingle jangle from my phone with a little retail therapy. A friend sent me these fantastic new Frozen 2 pins from Hot Topic:
    [​IMG]
    As soon as I find some valid Hot Topic Cash, they shall be mine! And hopefully there shall be at least one of each Anna pin... Anyway, back to my regularly scheduled insanity. Still waiting on all forms of communication for someone to respond from Disney+. Anyone?

akarih likes this.
  20. chubs191

Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0

Update 8: I have finally gotten through the striking tundra of the Disney+ CSR hotline. It turns out they have no idea why my account might be blocked. Which is absolutely great! I just performed a great feat in futility. They said it might be a bug on their end or the fact that I had registered my account as a minor and for some reason it was still flagging me as a minor. It may get resolved tomorrow morning, or never. They sent a ticket to IT, so I guess they will be contacting me eventually. Thanks for joining me for my frolic through the lands of unhealthy venting. I will be signing off for the time being. May the force be with you.

akarih likes this.
  21. cyke23

cyke23 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

Sarah I hope it works out! In the meantime, I am so elated I'm watching X-Men The Animated Series from the 90s with the best theme song.

22. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

Sis signed up on an alternate account (not linked to Disney accounts at all!)....I went to sign up for Roku (have a stick) and found out we have to provide a credit card number...ugh....I don't like doing that. So, now I have to go dig out my very low limit credit card and provide that.

23. Gwyneria

Gwyneria Member

0   0   0

Those water horse pins...*drool*