Hello From The East Coast

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Happily Ever After, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Happily Ever After

Happily Ever After Member

0   0   0

Hi Everyone!

New member from the Northern East Coast. My fiancée got me into Pin Trading on my first trip to Disney World as an adult.

It really can be addicting, but in a fun way. I treat each of my pins as its own unique souvenir!

Looking forward to seeing all of your collections, I’ve browsed the site for a while already and can say there are some really talented and crafty users with awesome pin displays!

Maybe one day I’ll walk back down Main St USA with a hefty pin lanyard like some of the vets!:mickey2:

akarih and krand1276 like this.
  2. MischiefMade

MischiefMade Ghost Dog Trainer

0   0   0

Welcome to the forum and to collecting! I hope you make lots of friends here. If you have any questions then don't hesitate to ask. Everyone is super friendly here!

Happily Ever After likes this.
  3. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

Welcome! :lgm:

4. Happily Ever After

0   0   0

Thank you both! It’s nice to see such an active community around a fun activity.

5. akarih

akarih Disappearing Cat Enthusiast

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Welcome! Feel free to ask anything you want, doesn't even have to be pin related! We're basically a support group obsessed with cartoon characters.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

6. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0

Welcome!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

7. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    120   0   0

Hi and Welcome!

8. swscref

swscref Active Member

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

Welcome to DPF!

9. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    397   0   0

Welcome:lgm:

10. Happily Ever After

0   0   0

Thank you all! Currently looking through the old Acme Pin thread. I’d seen these pins in the past and was interested in some of the Super Jumbos, but my goodness what a mess it looks to have been on rollout and delivery!

11. akarih

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Yep acme is a nightmare to get the pins but some of them are quite pretty

12. Happily Ever After

0   0   0

What I can’t understand, is why Disney never cut the licensing tie? Disney has such an excellent reputation for customer service, and for a licensed develop/distribute pin dealer to be so heavily criticized and mismanaged seems like a red flag they’d want to dump!

13. akarih

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Honestly I think their pin trading management just dropped the ball on it... I honestly don't think the pin management people are as immersed in the pin world as we are so maybe don't know much about the acme pins.

14. bcol

bcol "They call me Bruce" ....and mupins

Rating - 100%
    71   0   0

Welcome to DPF! You will meet a lot of helpful collectors here.

15. Happily Ever After

0   0   0

Thank you! I’ve already looked into the “pickup” service and everyone has been wonderful. Wish I’d joined ages ago!

16. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Well, better late than never; we're very glad that you joined us eventually! Welcome! Have you decided which character(s)/theme(s) you might want to collect?

Also, as a side note about the aforementioned lanyard in your OP: IMO, I would recommend against one. Yes, they're super shiny and pretty, but I find them so heavy to wear (plus they pull on my neck and give me a massive headache if I wear one for more than a few hours). In addition, you have the conundrum of Mickey backs vs. locking backs. vs pincer backs and the pros/cons of each (long story for another time); if I'm looking to trade in the parks, I much prefer to take a small pin bag and just carry it around.

krand1276 likes this.
  17. Happily Ever After

0   0   0

This is all really good info! I like your idea of a smaller pin bag to carry around.

I personally like mostly any pin that has layers/movement. I’m definitely partial to pins that are hinged, have hidden movement, or lots of layers for some depth. For instance, I was lucky enough to find a Contemporary pin (we’d stayed at Bay Lake) at a pin trader/reseller last time we were in Orlando that had a moving monorail you could slide back and forth - love it!