• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Help an indecisive collector: which doll should I go for next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help an indecisive collector: which doll should I go for next?

Esmeraldo

Finest boy in France
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I just started collecting Disney LE dolls a few months ago, and my collection has started to grow in a pretty short amount of time. As of right now I own the most recent designer Cruella, and the 17 inch winter Belle and Beast dolls. I love all of them, especially a Belle and Beast, but I'm really wanting to add a new addition to my collection soon! There are plenty I want, but I'm having a hard time deciding. Basically I made this thread to ask for opinions on each doll I want and to kind of figure out which one is most worth my money? Hope that makes sense

So here are the ones I want (that I can afford anyway, if I was listing all the ones I wanted we'd be here all day)

17 inch Gaston
17 inch Aladdin
Rapunzel and Flynn Fairytale Designer (2017)
Belle and Gaston Fairytale Designer

I'm not sure if I should focus more on collecting the 17 inch dolls or the designers. The designer sets have more dolls that I actually want, but at the same time a lot of them dolls I'm never going to get because I refuse to pay 3 to 5 times the price for a doll set, like the original ones that came out for example. With the 17 inch dolls, I already have my "must haves" with winter Belle and Beast, so that tells me I should lean more towards the 17 inch ones. What do you guys think?

Hey everyone! I just started collecting Disney LE dolls a few months ago, and my collection has started to grow in a pretty short amount of time. As of right now I own the most recent designer Cruella, and the 17 inch winter Belle and Beast dolls. I love all of them, especially a Belle and Beast, but I'm really wanting to add a new addition to my collection soon! There are plenty I want, but I'm having a hard time deciding. Basically I made this thread to ask for opinions on each doll I want and to kind of figure out which one is most worth my money? Hope that makes sense

So here are the ones I want (that I can afford anyway, if I was listing all the ones I wanted we'd be here all day)

17 inch Gaston
17 inch Aladdin
Rapunzel and Flynn Fairytale Designer (2017)
Belle and Gaston Fairytale Designer

I'm not sure if I should focus more on collecting the 17 inch dolls or the designers. The designer sets have more dolls that I actually want, but at the same time a lot of them dolls I'm never going to get because I refuse to pay 3 to 5 times the price for a doll set, like the original ones that came out for example. With the 17 inch dolls, I already have my "must haves" with winter Belle and Beast, so that tells me I should lean more towards the 17 inch ones. What do you guys think?

It won't be much of a help but I'd say go for the ones you like, no matter if 17 inch or designer. I wanted to say that Rapunzel and Flynn are still on the site but although they are listed under dolls, when I clicked on them, the site not found sita came up so appearantly they are sold out. I'd go for Aladdin next or the Belle and Gaston set. But it depends on what you like and on what you find on ebay. Good luck!

It really comes down to personal preference.

I prefer the 17 inch dolls personally just because they look really unique and I just really like the look of them displayed in their boxes. One of the downsides though is space obviously becomes an issue. I love the size though and spend a lot of time every now and then looking over the details of my dolls.

The designers have more options in terms of variety of characters. There are characters that still haven't been made in 17 inch that have already been done in the designer... (Mulan, Peter Pan, Robin Hood, etc) so you'd have more options and more price ranges to choose from.

Where as the 17" dolls depending on the character can be expensive or only one option as in the case of Tiana, Ariel, Rapunzel, etc... where these same characters each have multiple designer sets to choose from.

I think it depends on what YOU like. I would get whichever ones you like the most, whether they are 17" or designer, and just make sure aren't overpaying price-wise, but don't feel like you're wasting your money if you get one that isn't as in high demand. If that makes sense? I feel like I am probably not explaining what I mean very well.:p I will say that the 17" ones are going to take up quite a bit of room if you get a lot of them. I only have purple/Regal Elsa and she is lovely, but she definitely takes up quite a bit of space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back