• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Help! What should I do with this pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help! What should I do with this pin?

fordracing31

The Eye Lady
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I bought one a pin from Ebay that I have been wanting for a long time. Today it came in and it has a big deep scratch. I normally don't mind scratches but this is deep and jagged. I don't know how it was scratched, the plastic had never been opened until I opened it/pulled out the pin to make sure it wasn't just the plastic and in the listing picture you can't see the scratch. Here is the pin and the scratch is in her hair.

Its a beautiful pin but like I said above I am kinda picky so my couple of questions are...

Can it be fixed?
Am I being to picky and it is fine?
What should I do...Return it if I am not being picky?

Thanks for listening to my rambling and helping out :)

Argh I hate when this happens! I am also extra picky about my pins so it would drive me crazy. If you know it will irritate you whenever you look at it, I say return it. However, you say you've been after this pin awhile, and honestly I wouldn't have noticed the scratch if you hadn't pointed it out. Maybe you could ask the seller for a discount? That way you can keep the pin, but you are paying less than what you would have paid for a pin in mint condition.

Good luck! This is a tough decision! :)

Thanks everyone the seller is really nice and have already spoke with them...I know I should return it but letting it go sucks :(

I had the same with one of my grails (the Stitch in my sig). I bought it from someone and I was so excited to finally find it! It arrived and it had two deep scratches and I just felt my heart fall lol. I just sent it back because I always go with my gut feelings and first feelings. And the first feeling when opening that package was sadness, and I didn't want to be reminded of that.

Maybe you should just send it back and save the money for a pin that's not damaged? I'm sure you don't want to be reminded of the scratches when you keep it.

I'm so sorry to hear about it, it's Always sad when you finally got a pin you've been after for a while and it is damaged. I would send it back because it would irritate me and know the scratch is there. It's sad but maybe you can find another one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back