Help with Disney Springs 2017 Stitch pin - Limited Release - Really rare?

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by stratasfan, Jan 23, 2020.

1. stratasfan

stratasfan Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I stumbled on this Stitch pin and this is the only place I can find it - one auction that sold for $627. Anyone know more about this pin? The listing said they tried to research for ages, too, but couldn't find it. The seller assumed an unreleased prototype. Any thoughts?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. speedwaystar1

speedwaystar1 UK Disney Fan

Rating - 100%
    212   0   0

I'm not a Stitch fan so it never crossed my radar , but if it was a prototype it should have been stamped PP on the back

3. stratasfan

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

That's what I know of, but this pin has to be something odd. Try and find it.

4. speedwaystar1

speedwaystar1 UK Disney Fan

Rating - 100%
    212   0   0

I did . No luck , I even tried "Disney Spirit" his ear blocks the letters so figured that was possible and various years but nothing .
    Tbh I didn't expect to find it on pinpics (So much missing lately) but various search engines brought me nothing either , I know a couple of Stitch collectors so I'll reach out to them

5. chipdale4me

chipdale4me Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

This is what I was told by a manager at Disney Springs 3 days ago when I traded for it:

There was suppose to be a Stitch pursuit throughout Disney Springs to celebrate the rebranding of the area. They placed Stitch cut outs throughout the merchandise stores that you were suppose to translate the writing on the sign. Once completed, you would bring the translations to a central location ( I am guessing it was Pin Traders) to receive the gift Stitch pin. For reasons the manager did not know, they never had the pursuit but have been sitting on the pins so they decided to use them as traders on lanyards.

Hope this helps and I have one for trade if anyone wants.

Paul
    chipdale4me

noone, CCofRR13 and speedwaystar1 like this.
  6. stratasfan

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Sending you a message!

7. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    530   0   0

@chubs191 may know more. I think I remember seeing this posted on social media. The pins are coming out en masse.

8. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 98%
    48   1   0

This is correct. I was offered one without the explanation. I turned them down, told them to give it to a kid, and have regretted it ever since. Maybe I'll come across another one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

9. Alekza

Alekza New Member

0   0   0

In March we were walking around Disney Springs when they first opened. One of their last days opening before closing for Covid. Anyways one of the custodial cast members saw my daughters stitch hoodie and backpack. He asked her "if you were chasing stitch what do you think he would say to you" and she finally guessed "you cant catch me" which is what we were told is what the pin translates to. 3 children in my group and they all got this pin. Ask the custodians. If I remember correctly he told me they were the only ones who have them.

noone likes this.
  10. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    122   0   0

What a cool find - love the story behind it!

coblj003 likes this.
  11. Ajk

Ajk Consider yourself...at home...

Rating - 100%
    95   0   0

In light of the details, whoever paid $627 for it WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY overpaid.

12. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0

My thoughts exactly, but one's top price is only with the buyer(and hopefully not to just to prop up an unreasonable pricetag). There's definitely a difference of rare-ish LR pins and definitive grail pins material and this seems to be only the former.

13. chipdale4me

chipdale4me Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I was also at Disney Springs just before it closed down and I saw it on 2 cast lanyards and they were both Merchandise. I was also told that Custodial was the first to start giving them out Merchandise has some as well. Unfortunately, no one was able to tell me how many were made, just that the were Limited Release. I traded for one and do have it available for trade.

Paul
    chipdale4me