Here we go again! Officially booked!!! TDL/HKDL/Aulani 11/20

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by Spr175psu, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Spr175psu

Spr175psu Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    86   0   0

We leave for an amazing Star Wars Day at Sea Western Caribbean cruise in 4 weeks with 3 days of WDW and 2 days of Universal thrown in, but my family and I got what we call, "the itchies". It's that constant nagging feeling that you get that makes you want to book the next Disney trip. No other way to explain it.

[​IMG]

That, combined with an excessive amount of AMEX points has led to the following:

November 2020-December 2020 TDL/HKDL/Aulani

Right now, the itinerary is looking like 1.5 days in Tokyo, 1 day in Universal Japan in Osaka in part to take in Nintendo Land which opens in April, 4 nights in Tokyo Disney, 2.5 in Hong Kong Disney, and 9 nights in Aulani.

Flight was completely paid for using points and we have a DVC owner hookup at Aulani who isn't using her points next year.

[​IMG]

We were last in Tokyo and Hong Kong last May and Aulani the previous May and have been dying to go back, especially when we saw the video of Beauty and the Beast village and ride in Tokyo, the stunning new castle and all of the exciting things going on in Hong Kong Disney.

No touring days in HK are planned based on the current situation with sadly no end in sight. We're just planning on booking a car to take us from airport to HKDL and back.

So instead of using our DLR annual passes once more before they expire, we decided to do our version of the sensible approach and do the exact opposite.

[​IMG]

Right now, only flight is booked since we have to wait for our dates to open up for hotels/tickets/tours/etc.

I'll continue to update this thread as our plans start to materialize more concretely.

So super excited! Ever since we left Tokyo Disney, I've been saying that we have to go back (cue Jack "Lost" gif) on a daily basis for the last year and a half.

[​IMG]

Ok, fine, not exactly daily, but I have said it several times.

Anyway, now to start doing some research.

#1 Goal: Fit into the Tigger shirt I bought last May at TDL (their shirts are less forgiving than ours) for this trip.

[​IMG]

2. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Woah, sounds like an incredible trip!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Spr175psu likes this.
  3. Ajk

Ajk Cocoa asks "Where's all da Hoomans?"

Rating - 100%
    90   0   0

Awesome trip! Even more awesome? A Blackadder gif! Nice!!!

Spr175psu likes this.
  4. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0

I can’t wait to read your future trip report (and enjoy all your expertly placed gifs.)

Spr175psu and akarih like this.
  5. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    122   0   0

Wow - can't wait to read more about the planning and then the actual trip

Spr175psu likes this.
  6. Ksnuggles

Ksnuggles Resident Cake Baker Staff Member DPF Moderator DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

Wow... so jealous. TDL is on my bucket list for sure.

7. swscref

swscref Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

This sounds like a great trip. Hope you have an awesome time.

Spr175psu likes this.
  8. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

So. Incredibly. Jealous. Your entire itinerary is on my to-do list. Like everyone else, I can't wait to read about the planning and then enjoy what I'm sure will be an outstanding trip report (complete with .gifs)!

Spr175psu likes this.
  9. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    177   0   0

Sounds awesome!

We are having that same itch. We are, knock on wood, going back to Tokyo during Halloween week. The credit card points are banked, so hopefully my Dad's health will remain good, and no family issues in 2020 (2019 was rough for family issues). I have been debating trying to add on HKDL because we enjoyed it so much and my Dad hasn't been. I want him to ride Mystic Manor.

And I hear you on the shirt sizes! I also bought an XL shirt in HKDL and I need to lose a little to make it wearable outside the house.

I know the TDR dinner shows are bookable on an English website now. But have to learn how to do the Fastpasses.

Spr175psu likes this.
  10. Snoffsan

Snoffsan Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    71   0   0

WOW! What a trip! And it looks like we will just miss eachother! We just booked a dream trip too! We will do Shanghai and Tokyo in one trip. but we are going oct/nov 2020. We wants to celebrate Halloween over there. Så excited about this trip! After we just have Hongkong left on our bucketlist. Well of the parks anyway. We still have Aulani and a Disney cruise that we havent been to, but one thing at a time :)

Spr175psu likes this.
  11. Snoffsan

Snoffsan Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    71   0   0

We are going Halloween week as well!!! We havent really decided on what days we will be where but it looks like the days before Halloween we will do Tokyo and halloween day we will be at Shanghai Disneyland. So excited! We have never been to Japan så I have a lot of reading up to do to learn how everything works there with bookings and fastpasses.

We have the plane tickets to Shanghai booked. We are trying to decide on how many days we wants to do in tokyo right now and will book return tickets when they open up. So first we will do some days in Shanghai and then some days in tokyo and then a few days more in Shanghai before we go back home. Entire trip will be around 10 days. So excited!!!

Spr175psu likes this.
  12. MischiefMade

MischiefMade Ghost Dog Trainer

0   0   0

Wow! This seems like it is going to be an amazing trip! I can't wait to see your future trip report on it!

13. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

That sounds so amazing!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Spr175psu likes this.
  14. Spr175psu

Spr175psu Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    86   0   0

Have an amazing time! I miss Shanghai! The whole park is so beautiful and the rides, shows, and attractions are so incredible. Our friend is going there next week and I'm super jealous. We're planning on going back in 2023 for a much larger trip with the Tokyo 40th, HKDL, and Beijing.

Snoffsan and akarih like this.
  15. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

That sound beyond amazing! I can't decide if I'm more jealous of your or @Spr175psu 's trip! I'm already looking forward to hearing about your fantastic plans and reading about how much fun you had in your trip report! :)

Snoffsan likes this.