• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hey everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone!

elttlbit78

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My family and I just got back from WDW last month and I've become addicted to pin trading. Unfortunately, because I kind of jumped in without doing much research, I've already made some big mistakes. I purchased a lot of 25 on eBay from a woman near Orlando and of course, I believe more than half are fakes or scrappers. After poring over each pin I own, I now realize how difficult it can be to distinguish between authentic and crap. I'm hoping this site can help me with that, and maybe provide a safe avenue for trading.
My interests are Alice, Muppets, and anything special that catches my eye. Oh, and Jungle Book for the husband
Glad to be here, and nice to meet you all in advance!

Welcome aboard :wavey:
Don't feel to bad about the scrapper lot , we were all new traders once :)
Chalk it up to experience , there are quite a few reliable people selling park traders I can recommend if that helps .

Welcome to DPF!

:)

Sorry to hear about the scrapper lot, but hey, it's better to learn with something like that early on, and prevent future mistakes whilst trading for something big later, yeah?

I love both Alice and Jungle Book! Good luck with your collections!

Welcome to the forums! :fig:

Sorry to hear of your scrapper experience. But there are plenty of very helpful people here who can answer almost any questions you have going forward. I know I have learned a lot! :)

Thanks everyone! I'm glad I'm in the right place. And any help with safe traders or places to buy authentic pins would be so much appreciated :)
One more question (for now!)...is there a special place on here to post pics of pins to check with others for authenticity? I've got a few that I'm not sure about still.

Welcome to the forums! It can certainly be a hassle dealing with scrappers, but half the battle is just knowing they exist. There are several sellers here who offer authentic lots from time to time. Just always be on the look out. And to check for authenticity, the "Pin Comparison" board is a good place to start. I hope you have a great time here!

Welcome!

I'm new as well, and I just returned my lot of 50 scrapper pins after making the same mistake. Thankfully the seller refunded!!

Welcome! And I'm right there with you. When I first started I did it with the scrapper lots, too. The important thing is that you learned about them and are being careful not to do that anymore! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back