Hi from Mid-Ohio!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by stratasfan, May 18, 2019.

1. stratasfan

stratasfan Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Sis and I have been collecting for a while, but only got to actually trade this past December. Visiting Gramma in FLA, we got to spend a couple of hours trading Disney Springs. Loved it so much that last month, we went back to visit Gramma, and spent several days trading at Disney Springs!

We collect and trade for pins purely for the design on the front! Size, edition number, place of origin, etc. is of little concern, as long as we like the look of the front of the pin! Actually, I even traded for a few pins (from Disney employees, no less!) that turned out to be unauthorized! However, I have them on my board because I like them. -grin-

So, we buy and trade for pins we like. :)

Sis collects Beauty & the Beast pins, anything Hawaii, and Minnie Mouse pins, with some others thrown in (like Tsum Tsums).

I am a bit more eclectic, but really like the submarine "Nautilus", Gus the Mouse, Robin Hood, and Kevin the bird (from Up). Right now, we just discovered "UP" and are trying to get a few pins. :) I also like animals, cats, Tsum Tsums, Epcot pins, DCL pins, the new Disney Duos HM pins, etc.

We collect Chip and Dale together. Being identical twins, this is what we actually started with. Sis gets Dale, I get Chip, and we share the pins that have them both on it!

2. akarih

akarih Resident Meme Lord

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Welcome, nice to meet you! I assume you've already gotten the rundown on fake pins?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. stratasfan

stratasfan Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

-Grin- We've read tons on it, but to be honest . . . we really collect for the design. Actually, I've seen fantasy pins I'd love to have! So, we aren't really particular when it comes to what we keep. We've been given pins by family and friends for ages, mostly bought in Disneyland, and lots of them aren't as nice as some that are "fakes". When it comes to the design, that is!

We either buy our pins from the pin traders store in Disney Springs, or are given pins by people (mostly from Disney stores in the CA airports or DisneyyLand), or trade for pins from Disney employees at Disney Springs.

I am really lloving the new HM Disney Duo pins! they are sooooooo cute! And the new HM presents!

4. akarih

akarih Resident Meme Lord

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Ah, good then! I'm not really a fantasy pin person but there are some really pretty ones out there!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

carinasthingamabobs likes this.
  5. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    117   0   0

Hello from a fellow Ohio resident (North - up by Lake Erie)!

6. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    394   0   0

Welcome:lgm:

7. swscref

swscref Active Member

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Welcome to DPF!

8. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

9. stratasfan

stratasfan Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks! Oh, CCofRR13 - Lake Erie is lovely! Love going up there and just watching the water! Mom grew up in Lakewood and Chardon and the Cleveland area.

CCofRR13 likes this.
  10. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    117   0   0

I lived in Lakewood for a few years as well. I am now in Rocky River (the "RR" in my user name).

krand1276 likes this.
  11. stratasfan

stratasfan Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Oh, we have friends in Rocky River. Hoping to drive up this Summer and visit them! Also want to go find two houses that my GGUncle and Aunt lived in, so I can take pictures. He's buried in North Olmsted, but the houses are in Cleveland.

CCofRR13 likes this.
  12. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy!

13. OpieDoodle

OpieDoodle Member

0   0   0

Hello!! I am also from Ohio! I'm in the Dayton area :)

14. stratasfan

stratasfan Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

How fun! Do you go to the the AFB Museum? We went all the time growing up but haven't been in almost 10 years. Are so dying to get down there!

15. OpieDoodle

OpieDoodle Member

0   0   0

Yes we go there all the time!

16. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    67   0   0

Welcome! :lgm:

17. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Welcome!

18. MischiefMade

MischiefMade Ghost Dog Trainer

0   0   0

Welcome to the Forum!

19. carinasthingamabobs

carinasthingamabobs Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I’m the same way!! I’ve always felt a little silly about it, but I collect based on the design of the pin and if I like how it looks! Not necessarily based on its value. I have my own set of criteria that I base my pin collecting on. For example, if it reminds me of a childhood memory in Disney World, or if it’s a specific scene in a movie that’s ingrained in my memory, etc.

I like collecting pins that have some kind of meaning to me, but I will admit sometimes it can be hard not to get caught up in wanting to keep up with the “building collections” mentality.

It’s all good stuff. I love learning about different ways that people trade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk