• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hi :). I have a question for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi :). I have a question for you.

mavericklancer

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hi all,

I'm relatively new to pins (only been trading around 6 months or so). During that time, I've learned a lot, and collected a lot of interesting pins. I'm here because I'd like to start trading with people to get some of the rarer pins, but I'm at a loss on how to do that. Apparently, most of the pins I've been collecting from CMs at DLR/DCA (ex: Haunted mansion tombstone set Pin 72106 - 72111 or my assorted Vinylmations) are worthless. So, my question is how do you go from trading boosters to CMs for hidden mickeys to trading for LE pins without breaking the bank? Personally, I can't afford breaking out $30 - $40 per pin.

I've been collecting letters recently and trading them for small things, but people most often want the harder to find ones (A, C, T, J) for rack pins. One guy wanted the whole alphabet for a Stitch pin I found out was going for $8 on ebay. Any suggestions?

Hi
I do not have a answer for you..but wanted to welcome you to DPF...I am sure someone here has a answer for ya though
Are you on Pinpics???

Hi and welcome to the forum, In regards to not breaking your bank, can't really help you out cause I'm still wondering that myself. Most of the people on the forums will be more than happy to help you out though. What pins do you have to trade?

Building a collection takes an investment of time, education, patience and yes, money.

I would recommend picking a "theme" to collect and study up on it; Pinpics is one good resource. Find out what it looks like; how many were made; are there scrappers of it; what is its desirability; what style you're drawn to; etc. Look at the overall market for the pin (Ebay, other trader's opinions, etc) to acertain a good price range of the pin when you're ready to buy it - that way you'll KNOW when its a good deal. In short --- Know your pin, know your market, and collect what you really like.

Your next best resource is other traders that you trust and respect. You'll find we all have many opinions on acquiring pins. Find the one the suits your personality best and dig in.

Last edited:

Halloweenfiend is right about collecting and everyone here will give you their two cents (use that money to invest). Anyway, when we first started, we were in the same boat as you. A nice collector told us to only buy one or two LE pin that we liked and thought would be a good trader when we were at WDW. We did, but we also live in Maryland, so we bought a few (1 of a character) LE Disneyshopping.com pins. This started our traders that were a little better to trade. Now we use this forum (great traders and pin sellers) to purchase traders. Especially co-op pins which are LE 100 and are more desirable. Anyway welcome to DPF and enjoy >^..^<

Hello and welcome aboard! :lgm:

I have to echo everyone else's comments that it takes time and (unfortunately) some money. Patience and educating yourself are the keys though. Pinpics and DPF are great resources for the latter!

Since I would say that your question has been well answered, I'm just going to say 'Aloha' and 'Welcome'! :wavey:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back